PDA

View Full Version : 2nd BSO Down in a Week

jarhed123
08-10-2007, 07:27 AM
The car we are looking for is a white Chevy (old police car) tag of F168UJ. You never know where it could be. We have leads but I figured a few extra eyes could help, years ago, a day after a Deputy was killed the car we were looking for was found several states away by a rookie officer. Thanks and for you LEOs out there, be careful it is getting worse every year.

Story from the Sun-sentinel.com

Broward deputy shot to death in Pompano, 2nd this week
By Sallie James and wire reports
6:58 AM EDT, August 10, 2007
A Broward County sheriff's deputy was shot and killed early Friday in Pompano Beach, the second shooting of a Broward deputy this week.
The deputy was identified as Chris Reyka, 51. Early reports said that he had been shot in the head. The shooting happened near a Walgreen drug store at 960 S. Pompano Parkway as Reyka reportedly was checking out suspicious cars in the area.
The Sheriff's Office set up a large command post in the area as deputies searched for the killer. Just after the shooting, police concentrated their search along Interstate 95 and in the neighborhood surrounding the scene.

Related Links
Broward County law enforcement officer deaths since 1980
One early report said that police were looking for a white car, about a 1991 to 1993 model, that was seen fleeing the area.
Delores Barbare, a cashier at the nearby Bagel Snack Restaurant and Deli, said that Reyka used to come into her shop on occasion.
"It's absolutely terrible," she said. "That cop used to come in here. It's scary. It really is."
Friday's shooting came just days after another deputy, Maury Hernandez, was shot in the head and injured Monday after a traffic stop. David Maldonado has been charged in that shooting.
More articles
Copyright © 2007, South Florida Sun-Sentinel

86NeSSP
08-10-2007, 08:25 AM
Is Florida becoming a war zone? I really hate to hear that 2 officers have been shot in the same week down there. I hope they get this guy and he decides to resist so he can be tuned up a bit... My prayers go out to this officers Family and safe wishes and prayers to all you LEO's who protect us everyday!

Thanks for your hard and dedicated work protecting us.
Matt

jarhed123
08-10-2007, 09:43 AM
For the average citizen Florida is not war zone. Most violence stays withing the criminal community and the cops who try to combat a growing violence problem, nation wide.

bmt336
08-10-2007, 03:01 PM
Is Florida becoming a war zone?
Matt

It isn't becoming one, it has been one. I grew up in Orlando in the 70s and 80s, was nice city, sort of like big town. Not any more, my parents and sister/brother in law still live there and are seriously considering moving out. Do not even think of moving south of Marion county. The deterioration of Florida began with the boat lift in the early 80s and has continued downhill ever since. The south end of the state is becoming LA east, and everyone knows what a cesspool LA is.

jarhed123
09-04-2007, 11:49 AM
Reward Flyer will be posted soon

jarhed123
09-06-2007, 08:01 PM
Flyer.. If you have info or questions for Roll Call give me a call at the cell (786) 258-6441 or the office (954) 786-4284.