PDA

View Full Version : 1988 Ford Mustang FHP Notchback - $4950 (Wall NJ)

FBI SSP
09-21-2013, 11:35 PM
http://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/cto/4053331326.html
Not me:
I bought this car with the hopes of turning it into a driver. Problem is, I do not have the time to do it. It was purchased locally in NJ from someone who had the same intention and had the car sitting. They had it shipped from Florida. It still carries a Florida police title.

The car is mostly original. It has flow masters, off road exhaust and equal length headers. There is no air silencer or air pump but most OEM parts are otherwise there.

New Parts:

Heater Core
Correct ford racing silicone hoses
Motorcraft plugs
Motorcraft cap and rotor
Ford racing black wires
Pro form ford racing wire separators
Motorcraft PCV valve
Motorcraft battery
OEM Motorcraft battery cables
Motorcraft fuel filter
Motorcraft vent and filler neck gaskets
Motorcraft FL1A oil filter
Valvoline 20W50 oil
Redline MTL transmission fluid
OEM battery hold down and bolts

Couple of things I have that are not installed.

Original cb
New mass backed carpet
Restoration screw kit
New weatherstripping

Current state of car

Turns over, but is not currently running. I had to replace a bad fuel pump that was locked up from sitting and I put one in that was sitting in my basement. It intermittently runs and I do not think it is producing enough pressure to start car. With some starter fluid it kicks, which means it close.

Interior is apart. I had to pull dash to do heater core. I have most of the interior visible in these pictures in the correct tan for these cars. (Dash, kick panels, console, correct police speedo, sill plates, rear panels etc.)

The front seats are correct 4 cyl tan. The rear seats are gray and would need to be recovered but they are correct for the car.

The car is in the correct colors and has almost no rust. The paint is "ok" and there are minor dings and bruises. It has 10 holes on it that are painted black, they look too clean to be the original paint. Suspension appears to be original.

I am looking for $4750 for this car to more or less cover what I have into it. I know these get rarer and rarer over time. Feel free to ask questions and I will try to answer. Pictures coming in the next post.

http://images.craigslist.org/00303_izmZrbsVlhL_600x450.jpg
http://images.craigslist.org/00w0w_8RnTEV900Dz_600x450.jpg

Va 5.0
09-22-2013, 08:07 AM
I wonder how underwater it was during Sandy.

OldSSPguy
09-23-2013, 01:20 PM
Exactly, I wonder.

28HopUp
09-23-2013, 01:37 PM
It doesn't look as bad as this Gran Fury from New Jersey...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Plymouth-Other-GRAN-FURY-SALON-/181221877485?vxp=mtr

...which shows some serious corrosion under the hood and drivetrain (but no mention of flood damage)

FoxChassis
09-23-2013, 02:41 PM
JF240678?

28HopUp
09-23-2013, 02:56 PM
JF240678?

That would be my guess, based upon the poor picture of the Buck Tags and looking at the VIN range of other cars from that DSO number. However, the picture kinda looks like 248678 (it's just too tough to tell). I sent the seller an email.

28HopUp
09-25-2013, 01:46 PM
I sent the seller an email.

And here is our answer -

Mcj50
11-20-2013, 06:59 AM
I registered on the site with my screen name I use on other forums.

Contrary to popular myth, the entire state of NJ was not under water during Sandy. I purchased this car from inland ocean county where it had been in a garage for 6-7 years following that buyer shipping it up from Florida from an ebay auction. It had virtually nothing done to it following the ebay auction other then removing the interior. I had to fight with fuel from sitting which had me put a pump, filter, cleaned injectors and new seals in the car to get it running again.

I am flexible on the price for this car, I just can't deal with a restoration project while I keep up with my true street car.

If you want to see who I am from a credibility perspective open the recent MM&FF, my true street car got honorable mention for the top 10 mustangs of 2013. Also, this screenname on the corral, nmra or ebay will show you I have a long history with mustangs even if not ssp.

Mike Jovanis

28HopUp
11-20-2013, 11:39 AM
Mike, I'm glad you were able to resurrect this FHP. I think it's great when an owner is able to improve a car; making it better for the next owner. I found your f/s thread on the Corral, for this looking to read more details about the car -

http://forums.corral.net/forums/mustangs-sale-wanted-1987-1993/1449209-1988-fhp-lx.html

chp1982
11-20-2013, 02:00 PM
Nice starting point. Where's our new Aussie member?

dpburnett
11-20-2013, 09:07 PM
Don't worry. I am always watching! I think I might finally have found an SSP to buy. Just finalists the admin......

28HopUp
11-21-2013, 11:03 AM
Don't worry. I am always watching! I think I might finally have found an SSP to buy. Just finalists the admin......

Not to clutter up this f/s thread, but I hope you will post up details soon about this SSP. :)

Mcj50
11-23-2013, 09:47 AM
Hi guys!

I just finished pretty major construction expanding my garage. If the car doesn't sell I'm going to keep working on it gradually working it back towards being original.

I am in full agreement that I hate any unique cars being squandered.

Mike

Mcj50
03-27-2014, 08:30 PM
Hi guys!

I just finished pretty major construction expanding my garage. If the car doesn't sell I'm going to keep working on it gradually working it back towards being original.

I am in full agreement that I hate any unique cars being squandered.

Mike

This car sold a while back to a local buyer....it is still in the NJ area.