PDA

View Full Version : Mustangs at the Queen Mary 2013

stadair
09-25-2013, 12:40 AM
Mustangs at the Queen Mary feature a nice restored CHP SSP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDuZjbhR_2w&app=desktop

28HopUp
09-25-2013, 09:48 AM
Thanks for posting the link, Toshi!

John10608
09-25-2013, 10:35 AM
I could restore those headlights for him. lol
Nice car ! Haven't seen that one before.

Hope to see that one at Ripon.

SSPCHPSTANG3101
09-25-2013, 12:09 PM
John, My good friend John T. the owner of this Mustang will be attending the Ripon event this year. He is looking very forward to attending as much as I am.

mac88chp
09-25-2013, 01:17 PM
It's going to be great to get us all together at Ripon...can't wait! :D

SSPCHPSTANG3101
09-26-2013, 09:08 AM
Thats right Mike, it's going to be great to get all of us together there. We will heading out Friday and at the La Quinta Inn sometime mid afternoon.

nighthawk756
09-26-2013, 09:28 AM
Cool to see a current CHP officer with one!

mac88chp
09-26-2013, 09:46 AM
Cool to see a current CHP officer with one!There are two other current officers with restored CHP SSPs in SoCa ...gotta get them both up to Ripon too!

SSPCHPSTANG3101
09-26-2013, 10:14 AM
I only know of one other Officer would he be named Tony A.? If he is one of the two you are talking about, Tony said he would really like to attend the show with his car but he was not able to. There is alway next year and perhaps Tony and the other Officer or Officers can too.

mac88chp
09-26-2013, 12:04 PM
I only know of one other Officer would he be named Tony A.? If he is one of the two you are talking about, Tony said he would really like to attend the show with his car but he was not able to. There is alway next year and perhaps Tony and the other Officer or Officers can too.I can't remember the other officer's name but he came to the 2009 Fab Fords show with this 1990:

http://images38.fotki.com/v266/photos/4/438439/1955813/3457556411_1804ba8e95-vi.jpg

Tony knows him and I haven't seen the car surface at any events since. The history of this car is well known and was for sale at one time at Performance Autosport in Virginia (the owner may have purchased it from them).

John10608
09-26-2013, 06:26 PM
Good deal Eric,

It will be pretty interesting to see all of the CHP Mustangs there this year !
It sounds like we are going to have a big turn out of them !

We have to be all lined up together on the parade run ! lol
I have lights and siren this time tee hee

We'll see you late afternoon at LaQuinta Inn.
Where are we eating dinner at this year Mike ??

John

SSPCHPSTANG3101
09-26-2013, 10:37 PM
John you are right, I believe we are going to have a good turn out this year this year. I asked my friend John if Harold the owner of the 1982 Mustang that was on the Jay Leno Show would be interested in attending the Ripon Show and John said he would ask him. I received a text message the following day from John that he sent Harold a entry form and the website information regarding the Ripon Show. I am glad to say that John also informed me that Harold was planning on attending the event.

I am with you on all being line up on the parade run, thats an outstanding idea.I will let the other Mustang owners I invited about the Parade Run.
Yes we will see you late Friday afernoon there at La Quinta Inn
Eric.

John T
09-27-2013, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the compliments PS I took the hint and worked on the headlights !

John10608
09-28-2013, 01:47 AM
LOL I have a product that you will never have to clean them again.
Life time warranty.
But it takes 3 different grades of buff pads or sand pads, a buffer, and this product.
Looks like brand new and never have to restore them again.

Looking forward to seeing the car at the Ripon show !
John

Rhino
09-28-2013, 12:59 PM
A bunch of police Mustangs and a couple of Johns...there's a joke in there somewhere. :)

Did the CHP carry canteens in the trunk? First time I have seen one. Pretty cool.

Nice car, John! - Or....Is it Canteen Boy? :) :) (just kidding!)

John T
09-28-2013, 05:51 PM
We did and still do ! Even in South LA ! Though I can honestly say I've never had occasion to use it ! Everything in the trunk is original CHP even the skin I left where I scraped my knuckles lol

SSPCHPSTANG3101
09-29-2013, 12:18 AM
John T. Well said my friend !!!!!
I know, you know and several others know that some of the CHP equipment in these vehicles was not always set in stone Per" CHP Motor Transport Manual ". We all know that it was not uncommon to see a newer CHP patrol vehicle with older/operational/ salvagable equiptment (Radios /Scanners & canteens) installed in them. For what ever reasons resourses, perhaps personal ideas/ recommendations, time, location, requests and perhaps,"On the Demand" availability factored in how these vehicles were equipped. I know for a fact that today, "It would not be uncommon to see a CHP FORD Crown Vic Interceptor with a older Uniden MR-8100 Scanner currently installed here in Southern California with a Hundred & Seventy plus change on the OD. I'm just saying..... Its time for Ripon John T. and I am ready to roll out!!!!

John T
09-29-2013, 12:23 PM
Me too Eric Im looking forward to seeing all the great rides and meeting their owners in person

Rhino
09-29-2013, 03:30 PM
Sounds like it's going to be as good turnout. One of these days, I will have to get my 92 Camaro down to join in the fun. :)

mac88chp
09-30-2013, 10:29 AM
Good deal Eric,

It will be pretty interesting to see all of the CHP Mustangs there this year !
It sounds like we are going to have a big turn out of them !

We have to be all lined up together on the parade run ! lol
I have lights and siren this time tee hee

We'll see you late afternoon at LaQuinta Inn.
Where are we eating dinner at this year Mike ??

JohnJohn, let's consult with some of the regulars at the Friday pre-cruise for dinner ideas that don't include a Sonic option. :) If all else fails, we can always hike down to Esmeralda's again, the mexican place down the road from the hotel. Hey, is Gary coming again this year? That guy was a hoot!

John10608
10-01-2013, 01:05 AM
That sounds good to me. That place had some good eats last time. Good walk too.
NOoo he is not coming lol I thought he was going to break my seats in the mustang !!! lol He's a BIG boy ! Funny is right !
He hardly fits in that car ! I have NO idea how he did it on duty.
But he did lol

I'm bringing Debbie this time.
Cya there !

John

B.T.W..... I'm bringing down a set ( 5 ) 10 holes, they have been powder coated BLACK. Caps still have the gray paint from Ford in them.
Very nice set. Just in case someone may be looking.
They are really nice.

John10608
10-02-2013, 11:26 AM
Powder coated 10 holes are SOLD
Being delivered in Ripon.
Thanks !