PDA

View Full Version : GSP equipment ID needed

stubes
12-23-2013, 06:35 PM
1990 or 1991 Georgia state patrol ssp.
anyone have an idea what the white box in center of dash is?
I can make out the Motorola radio and whelen lightbar controller.

My best guess is something with the camera system as this is a camera system car. any idea on make/model?

kapracing
12-23-2013, 08:06 PM
Yes that is a Kustom signals Trooper model radar counting unit on the dash.
Will try to find model # for you give me a few.

stubes
12-23-2013, 08:09 PM
Yes that is a Kustom signals Trooper model radar counting unit on the dash.
Will try to find model # for you give me a few.

I am aware of the radar model, the mystery piece is the white square box in front of the dash center vents.

kapracing
12-23-2013, 08:33 PM
Oh ok my contacts gonna get ahold of Scott and find out for sure but he thinks early LoJack

kapracing
12-23-2013, 09:04 PM
I ask Kevin also and he said;

"It's the video counter. It shows minutes on tape left."

But he could not remember the brand or model. He is gonna try to find out though...

kapracing
12-23-2013, 09:29 PM
Was told they had Mobil Vision and Panasonic's early on?

possum885
12-24-2013, 02:10 PM
never had no counter of any type on any mobilevision camaera. some had a monitor that you could see the info on. the very very early 8mm? cameras I believe were Panasonic this is what benji hodges had in his car on the famous traffic stop on I-95 where he kept telling the passenger i'll shoot your a-- and finally did...

ImEvil1
12-24-2013, 03:02 PM
never had no counter of any type on any mobilevision camaera. some had a monitor that you could see the info on. the very very early 8mm? cameras I believe were Panasonic this is what benji hodges had in his car on the famous traffic stop on I-95 where he kept telling the passenger i'll shoot your a-- and finally did...

That is a great early video....used it in many recruit classes back when I taught at the academy.

kapracing
12-24-2013, 04:50 PM
1990 or 1991 Georgia state patrol ssp.
anyone have an idea what the white box in center of dash is?
I can make out the Motorola radio and whelen lightbar controller.

My best guess is something with the camera system as this is a camera system car. any idea on make/model?

... So Keith,
Do you recall seeing one of these? Do you know what it is or have any idea?

possum885
12-28-2013, 06:54 PM
I would guess lojack..mostly Atlanta units had them