PDA

View Full Version : Ky State SSP Has New Friend

4 Barrel
03-01-2014, 12:01 AM
Hello my fellow members and any of my fellow brothers and sisters in the law enforcement community.
I checked out, as far as I could at this time, the upcoming 2015 Mustang. In short I simply do not like the side bodu vrease lines, nor the placement of the foglights. Too Camero like. Not that its an unattractive car but the new gen Camero is the uglist car that Ive layed my eyes on, since the VW Thing cicca 1974.
So, in a painless act of doing what I felt right, I ordered a 2014 Mustang GT, black on black, 6 gear. With all options minus the Brembo Brake pkg and glass roof. Didn't like the wheels that came with the Brembos. And yes, I still have the 85 Ky car. It has 87000 miles on the clock and is largely redone. No mods.
Just wonder what your thoughts are on the 2014/2015 Stangs.
And, Im still going to be in WA State this summer with the Ky car.
Cheers

chp1982
03-01-2014, 12:38 AM
'14 is good, '15 is better. The ecoboost is probably my favorite part.

MOstang
03-01-2014, 02:54 PM
It looks much better in person, and in fact having seen it in person I actually like it. Before doing so, I was a bit skeptical of the new model. Give yourself a chance to see it in person too.

ImEvil1
03-01-2014, 11:19 PM
I think it's the ugliest car since the '74 redesign. I'm so glad that I pulled the trigger on my '13.

mac88chp
03-02-2014, 11:00 PM
Not feeling the love for the new design at all. Will probably be keeping my '08 Bullitt for a loooong time.

MOstang
03-04-2014, 03:28 PM
While the recent generation seemed to be quite popular, the sales have started to lag for quite some time now. The numbers for quite some years hasn't come close to the first few years of that generation and during this lull hasn't come close to prior generation sales figures either. I think a number of reasons exist for that, some of which is just the ongoing evolution of the typical car buyer, myriad of choices available in the marketplace, etc., etc.

To that end, I think Ford has set out to try and capture a whole new audience of Ford Mustang buyers. Certainly the body style has had both detractors and supporters. A notable leap has been taken by making it the first globally available Ford Mustang. The balancing act is to keep the Mustang purists "satisfied and engaged" while seeking to advance the car, grow the buyers thus ultimalely achieving a successful and popular car. It seems with each new generation the car has supporters and detractors. Only time will tell how all of these play out. I hope it's successful and am rooting for it as that type of outcome will be very important in the long run.