PDA

View Full Version : GSP Mustang Collection (now complete)

kapracing
03-29-2014, 08:03 PM
Well as most of you know I have been working on getting one of every year GSP Mustang to build my personal ultimate Collection. Everyone has their own idea of what their ultimate collection would be and this is mine. GSP had them these years only;
1983 - 10
1988 - 100
1989 - 42
1990 - 55
1991 - 83
1992 - 19
For a grand total of 309 marked Blue/Gray Mustangs

I now have one of every year... :happyspin:

I can now relax and concentrate on they're restorations...

nighthawk756
03-29-2014, 08:19 PM
Congrats brother! I know you're relieved to say the least!

MOstang
03-29-2014, 08:19 PM
Congrats on reaching your goal. See you soon in Charlotte.

28HopUp
03-29-2014, 09:28 PM
Good for you, Bobby!

kapracing
03-29-2014, 09:46 PM
Congrats brother! I know you're relieved to say the least!

Good for you, Bobby!

Thanks Brad, Ron and Bill,
I've stressed my self mentally and financially to get this done but it was worth it.
I think .... Lol
Big sigh of relief :yes:

Now I gotta get back focused on 2217 and Charlotte :eek:

FoxChassis
03-30-2014, 09:17 AM
Can we get a shot of all six together? :D

kapracing
03-30-2014, 10:07 AM
Can we get a shot of all six together? :D

Hopefully soon...
Unfortunately, I have a couple at the shop two at my fathers and the rest at home right now. But I do want a group (before) shot myself. I need to work on a building next :D

28HopUp
03-30-2014, 11:22 AM
Don't forget to update the information in your signature! :D

nighthawk756
03-30-2014, 11:38 AM
I need to work on a building next :D

You and me both....guess I'm gonna start working on the foundation for a detached garage this summer.

kapracing
03-31-2014, 09:34 AM

Thanks Mike !

See you soon...

kapracing
03-31-2014, 09:35 AM
You and me both....guess I'm gonna start working on the foundation for a detached garage this summer.

Can you make it big enough for an additional six cars?:headscratch:

:dunno: :whistlin:

nighthawk756
03-31-2014, 10:01 AM
Can you make it big enough for an additional six cars?:headscratch:

:dunno: :whistlin:

Lol....I was only going to build a 2 car but now I'm having to look at a 4 car just for my stuff haha. Planning on 4 car and at least one lift that would make room for 5. Only way I can afford to go that big now will probably be going metal. Sheesh. My hobby keeps costing me more and more so I must love it or something........oh wait, I forgot, it's a disease!! :D

kapracing
03-31-2014, 10:38 AM
Lol....I was only going to build a 2 car but now I'm having to look at a 4 car just for my stuff haha. Planning on 4 car and at least one lift that would make room for 5. Only way I can afford to go that big now will probably be going metal. Sheesh. My hobby keeps costing me more and more so I must love it or something........oh wait, I forgot, it's a disease!! :D

That's probably the route I'll be taking (metal).
Tell me about it ! spent $350 in gas to go get this last one home :eek:
had to dip into my Charlotte funds :banginghead:

chp1982
03-31-2014, 11:05 AM
Congrats, Bobby! Glad to hear you're collection's complete.

kapracing
03-31-2014, 11:09 AM
Congrats, Bobby! Glad to hear you're collection's complete.

Thanks Jon,
Any word yet on if your 82's gonna make Charlotte?

nighthawk756
03-31-2014, 11:56 AM
Thanks Jon,
Any word yet on if your 82's gonna make Charlotte?

Sure hope he does! Love those '82 CHP's!! ;)

cbrajt1
04-05-2014, 10:29 PM
Congrats on accomplishing the start or your dream collection, and you're right, doesn't matter what others collections consists of, it's yours!

And Brad I hear you about the garage situation. I just went out and bought a rental property 6 blocks from my house only because it had a 4 car shop with it. :p

kapracing
06-01-2014, 10:02 PM
I've decided my best plan of attack on getting my collection completed is to do just the paint and body work on each one of my cars and then tackle reassembly one at a time once there all complete. I was next in line for consideration for a estimator job with a major insurance co. ( I could not have taken it anyhow, with all my projects unfinished). So that got me to thinking I need to get them all painted then if opportunity knocks I'll be ready :2thumbs:

nighthawk756
06-01-2014, 10:35 PM
I've decided my best plan of attack on getting my collection completed is to do just the paint and body work on each one of my cars and then tackle reassembly one at a time once there all complete. I was next in line for consideration for a estimator job with a major insurance co. ( I could not have taken it anyhow, with all my projects unfinished). So that got me to thinking I need to get them all painted then if opportunity knocks I'll be ready :2thumbs:

Noooooooooo! But you're my paint guy!! You can't!!!! Lol. :D

I hope you can get the position Bobby! Good luck! ;)

kapracing
06-02-2014, 02:54 AM
Noooooooooo! But you're my paint guy!! You can't!!!! Lol. :D

I hope you can get the position Bobby! Good luck! ;)

Lol
I'm not going anywhere for now.. Just getting myself in a better position so if it comes up again in the future again (a couple more years down the road) I'll be ready :-)
Realistically it'll probably take me two years to get my GSP's in paint only. And no matter what I won't be going any where until that's done ;)

nighthawk756
06-02-2014, 08:16 AM
Lol
I'm not going anywhere for now.. Just getting myself in a better position so if it comes up again in the future again (a couple more years down the road) I'll be ready :-)
Realistically it'll probably take me two years to get my GSP's in paint only. And no matter what I won't be going any where until that's done ;)

Then when you do, you need to build your own paint booth at home for side jobs! Hint hint....;)