PDA

View Full Version : Daily Chat Thread

Pages : [1] 2

28HopUp
05-28-2014, 03:07 PM
I have looked into the option of adding a vBulletin ChatBox to the site that is similar to one used at another Mustang site where I am an Administrator. The problem is that the ChatBox can become a porthole for unscrupulous hackers to attack the site. So in the absence of having a ChatBox, I thought that I would give this idea a try. It is just an open-ended thread to chat about anything on your mind. If you are at work, a post whore, or just bored then this is the thread to talk about anything under the sun. It can be SSP-related or not, but keep it clean and avoid all talk about politics and religion.

I'll start off -

I heard that my 85 SSP spent an extra day on the frame rack to get the front end back in spec (it was pushed over/back almost 3 inches!). I was told that I should have the front unibody sheet metal welded on the seams on the tire-side (out of view) to help strengthen the area since it was tweaked so hard. The floorboard cracks will get welded and ground smooth at the same time. Is there anything else I should consider having done while the car is apart to make it more rigid without being detrimental to its overall value?

kapracing
05-28-2014, 05:52 PM
I was told that I should have the front unibody sheet metal welded on the seams on the tire-side (out of view) to help strengthen the area since it was tweaked so hard. The floorboard cracks will get welded and ground smooth at the same time. Is there anything else I should consider having done while the car is apart to make it more rigid without being detrimental to its overall value?

In my honest opinion I believe this is your best bet, outside of using a strut tower brace. Which if it is necessary I would, but would prefer not to have too.
Just my two cents...

Bullitt1609
05-29-2014, 08:55 AM
I have looked into the option of adding a vBulletin ChatBox to the site that is similar to one used at another Mustang site where I am an Administrator. The problem is that the ChatBox can become a porthole for unscrupulous hackers to attack the site. So in the absence of having a ChatBox, I thought that I would give this idea a try. It is just an open-ended thread to chat about anything on your mind. If you are at work, a post whore, or just bored then this is the thread to talk about anything under the sun. It can be SSP-related or not, but keep it clean and avoid all talk about politics and religion.

I just got to work and saw this thread. I may end up spending too much time on here. :cool: Anyway, I know it's not a SSP, but finally made a deal on the '88 NYPD Mustang. It's being picked up today and should be delivered to us this Saturday. I thought it was too cool of a car for us to pass up.

28HopUp
05-29-2014, 09:38 AM
Jonathon, that is a nice find for your collection. I do not remember the condition of that car, but I am sure it will end up in fine shape once it's in your custody. Please be sure to post up photos!

In my honest opinion I believe this is your best bet, outside of using a strut tower brace. Which if it is necessary I would, but would prefer not to have too.
Just my two cents...

Thanks Bobby! I appreciate your input. On an unrelated note, I will go over your email about the 83 GSP later today and get back to you. ;)

kapracing
05-29-2014, 10:11 AM
I just got to work and saw this thread. I may end up spending too much time on here. :cool: Anyway, I know it's not a SSP, but finally made a deal on the '88 NYPD Mustang. It's being picked up today and should be delivered to us this Saturday. I thought it was too cool of a car for us to pass up.

I assume you mean the GT? If so HUGE CONGRATE's !!!! I really like those two cars! Please post up pics once you get it...:popcorn1:

Thanks Bobby! I appreciate your input. On an unrelated note, I will go over your email about the 83 GSP later today and get back to you. ;)

Good deal... I sent another version this morning LOL

28HopUp
05-29-2014, 10:31 AM
Bobby, the revised copy is headed your way... ;)

Bullitt1609
05-29-2014, 02:45 PM
I assume you mean the GT? If so HUGE CONGRATE's !!!! I really like those two cars! Please post up pics once you get it...:popcorn1:

Yep. That's it Bobby. Underneath is not near as bad as I was expecting, given it's always been in NY. Should be picked up today and delivered Saturday.

28HopUp
05-29-2014, 02:48 PM
That car is going to look GREAT all done up... :)

kapracing
05-29-2014, 02:55 PM
Yep. That's it Bobby. Underneath is not near as bad as I was expecting, given it's always been in NY. Should be picked up today and delivered Saturday.

AWESOME !!!

I've always loved those two cars. I wanted to buy it at one time but that seller was really flaky plus the expense of transporting it :eek:

I'm glad it has found a deserving home Jonathon !

:2thumbs:

Any word on the where bouts of the other car? I remember seeing a pic of it years ago. It was really ruff looking and partially disassembled if my memory serves me correctly...

kapracing
05-29-2014, 05:35 PM

Jonathon,
I see the passenger side GT tail light is broken. I may have one, If you need it I'll donate it for this project :D. I'll check once I get home.

MOstang
05-29-2014, 08:12 PM
Congrats on picking that one up. Hopefully the seller wasn't as flaky to deal with as it seemed through the various posts on multiple forums would have suggested.

Bullitt1609
05-30-2014, 08:51 AM
AWESOME !!!
Any word on the where bouts of the other car? I remember seeing a pic of it years ago. It was really ruff looking and partially disassembled if my memory serves me correctly...

I see the passenger side GT tail light is broken. I may have one, If you need it I'll donate it for this project :D. I'll check once I get home.

Thanks Bobby! Last I heard was that the other car had been scrapped, but I cannot confirm that.

I could definitely use it. I don't have too many GT parts on the shelves. I know I definitely don't have a taillight.

Congrats on picking that one up. Hopefully the seller wasn't as flaky to deal with as it seemed through the various posts on multiple forums would have suggested.

Thanks Mike. He was not. Tony was very quick to respond to my calls / emails as we worked out the deal.

nighthawk756
05-30-2014, 08:59 AM
What?? You didn't text me and let me know Jonathon?? Lol

Congrats! ;) It may not be an ssp but that car is just as good in my opinion! What a great pick up! Can't wait to see it!

Bullitt1609
05-30-2014, 10:31 AM
What?? You didn't text me and let me know Jonathon?? Lol

Congrats! ;) It may not be an ssp but that car is just as good in my opinion! What a great pick up! Can't wait to see it!

I know. I was going to, but, was hoping we would have seen you at the cruise-in Saturday night. I was going to show you the pictures and tell you then.

I agree. We just couldn't pass on it.

28HopUp
05-30-2014, 12:07 PM
Jonathon, how many Fox Mustangs are you up to now in the collection?

nighthawk756
05-30-2014, 02:01 PM

Been wondering that myself? And of those, how many ssp's are you up to?

kapracing
05-30-2014, 02:13 PM

Been wondering that myself? And of those, how many ssp's are you up to?

X's 3

Bullitt1609
05-30-2014, 02:15 PM

37 total Foxes, of that, 25 are SSPs

kapracing
05-30-2014, 02:30 PM
Jonathon,
You should work up something on the collection for the "spotlight" section :yes:
I think the museum story will make a awesome read for everyone to enjoy...

Bullitt1609
05-30-2014, 02:52 PM
Jonathon,
You should work up something on the collection for the "spotlight" section :yes:

I've been wanting to do something like that, to showcase the SSPs we have, along with the other Mustangs we've acquired over the years and share their stories.

I hope I don't get banned for posting a Mustang II, but this '77 Ghia was purchased new by a couple; we purchased it from them last year. The gentleman's wife drove it up until about 1 1/2 years ago when she said she finally wanted something with power steering. It is all original and was always garaged. Has just under 47k miles.

NoDrama43
05-30-2014, 03:00 PM
love it.

but it needs a Coyote motor....... :2thumbs:

ImEvil1
05-30-2014, 03:03 PM
I've been wanting to do something like that, to showcase the SSPs we have, along with the other Mustangs we've acquired over the years and share their stories.

I hope I don't get banned for posting a Mustang II, but this '77 Ghia was purchased new by a couple; we purchased it from them last year. The gentleman's wife drove it up until about 1 1/2 years ago when she said she finally wanted something with power steering. It is all original and was always garaged. Has just under 47k miles.

Nice, my Favorite color!

If you put something together, we'll definitely get it up there for all to enjoy.

kapracing
05-30-2014, 03:27 PM
I love it as well !!!

I know everyone would love to see your collection :yes:
I've seen quite a few of them and believe me it's a site to see...

kapracing
06-01-2014, 03:02 PM
Jonathon,
Brad sent me a pic of the NYPD GT
HUGE HUGE CONGRATS !!!! Man that thing is sweet !!!
I'm jealous !!!

28HopUp
06-02-2014, 09:32 AM
I hope I don't get banned for posting a Mustang II, but this '77 Ghia was purchased new by a couple; we purchased it from them last year.

That is a beautiful Mustang! I cut my stick-shifting teeth on a Mustang II T-top hatch with a 6 cyl/4spd owned by my sister's in-laws. I had first dibs on it if the car ever went up for sale, but they sold it to someone else. :(

Bullitt1609
06-02-2014, 02:02 PM
Jonathon,
Brad sent me a pic of the NYPD GT
HUGE HUGE CONGRATS !!!! Man that thing is sweet !!!
I'm jealous !!!

Thanks Bobby! It is essentially just how it was when taken out of service. According to the door label, the car was originally black (1C). You can see where it was taped off in places when NYPD had it painted blue and white. They did go ahead and paint inside the door jams, but they simply taped it off on the door panels. You can still see where the tape line wasn't very straight. :headscratch:

kapracing
06-02-2014, 02:10 PM
Thanks Bobby! It is essentially just how it was when taken out of service. According to the door label, the car was originally black (1C). You can see where it was taped off in places when NYPD had it painted blue and white. They did go ahead and paint inside the door jams, but they simply taped it off on the door panels. You can still see where the tape line wasn't very straight. :headscratch:

If jams look ok I'd leave them just as they are :D

MOstang
06-02-2014, 06:58 PM
Was it sold off by the NYPD with equipment too?

Bullitt1609
06-03-2014, 09:55 AM
Was it sold off by the NYPD with equipment too?

That I am unsure of. He did throw in a PA300, Federal switchbox, and a handheld K-15 radar. I don't know if any of these items were originally used by NYPD in the car though.

FBI SSP
06-03-2014, 08:50 PM

As someone that grew up in NYC, that car is legendary in NY. That car was frequently parked on an entrance ramp to the Clearview Expressway in Bayside, NY. The Clearview is a straight and flat highway that begged to go fast on. I remember it literally laying in the weeds waiting to nab speeders. Everyone knew to go the speed limit on that stretch.

bronx87
06-03-2014, 10:56 PM
THERE WERE 3 THE LAST WAS WHITE/BLUE A 93 LX NOT IN SERVICE LONG. BUILT FOR N.Y.P.D.

Bullitt1609
06-04-2014, 10:59 AM
THERE WERE 3 THE LAST WAS WHITE/BLUE A 93 LX NOT IN SERVICE LONG. BUILT FOR N.Y.P.D.

Any idea where the other blue/white '88 or the white/blue '93 are? I found this through a Google search.

28HopUp
06-05-2014, 04:31 PM
Jonathon,

Jonathon, if you can put something down in Word and email it along with photos, Mike and I can add your feature to the Spotlight page. I am sure a lot of folks who cannot make it down your way would love to read up about your efforts.

Bullitt1609
06-06-2014, 08:42 AM
Jonathon, if you can put something down in Word and email it along with photos, Mike and I can add your feature to the Spotlight page. I am sure a lot of folks who cannot make it down your way would love to read up about your efforts.

Will do :thumbsup:

Bullitt1609
06-06-2014, 08:54 AM
Has anyone else seen this? Nice to see they do have a Mustang. Given that they spare no expense on these cars, I find it interesting they opted for a Roush instead of a GT500.

Dubai's $6.5 Million Police Fleet, The World's Fastest Police Cars

The Dubai police force are the proud owners of a 'super fleet,' a mass of high end sports cars from all over the world. Their latest addition to the fleet is the $1.6 million dollar Bugatti Veyron, capable of doing 267mph and from 0-60 mph in 2.5 seconds. However, these vehicles are not used to chase criminals, but instead as a PR mechanism. Heralded as the most progressive of the Arab police forces, they drive the fleet to various tourist attractions in Dubai as a means of connecting with citizens and tourists. It’s also another way for Dubai to flaunt their enormous wealth.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/fjDMHnlX9EY/maxresdefault.jpg

http://rearviewmirrordotme.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/or_7259.jpg?w=700&h=468

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjPUGMJ86E0#t=54

28HopUp
06-06-2014, 10:46 AM
Thanks for posting that up! :D

nighthawk756
06-06-2014, 11:20 AM
Dubai, the desert wonderland getting ridiculously rich off us gas hogs in the US! Lol :D

kapracing
06-07-2014, 08:12 AM
Jonathon,

Jonathon,
Sorry it took so long but I found a black right side GT taillight in my stash. I can ship it, or give it to Brad next time I see him if your not in a hurry for it?

Bullitt1609
06-09-2014, 08:57 AM
Jonathon,
Sorry it took so long but I found a black right side GT taillight in my stash. I can ship it, or give it to Brad next time I see him if your not in a hurry for it?

Thanks Bobby! No hurry on it. If he doesn't mind, just give it to Brad and I'll get it from him sometime.

nighthawk756
06-09-2014, 10:17 AM
Thanks Bobby! No hurry on it. If he doesn't mind, just give it to Brad and I'll get it from him sometime.

I don't mind at all Jonathon! ;)

kapracing
06-09-2014, 11:59 AM

I don't mind at all Jonathon! ;)

Will do :D

28HopUp
06-09-2014, 04:23 PM
This YouTube video was posted on FB showcasing the then-new 1993 Ford police package cars -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9Pt-SjGEQ8&feature=player_detailpage#t=11

Pretty cool! :cool:

ImEvil1
06-09-2014, 06:13 PM
This YouTube video was posted on FB showcasing the then-new 1993 Ford police package cars -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9Pt-SjGEQ8&feature=player_detailpage#t=11

Pretty cool! :cool:

Does the banner at the top of the forum look familiar?:thumbsup::cool:

28HopUp
06-11-2014, 11:48 AM
I stumbled across an online piece about my old CHP Mustang #E408395 (repainted by the buyer, not me!) -

http://bringatrailer.com/2014/05/29/restored-chp-1985-ford-mustang-ssp/

When you have time, scroll through the "interesting" comments... :)

28HopUp
06-11-2014, 12:07 PM
The reason I found the above item is because I was looking for THIS one from a while back -

http://www.classiccar.co.nz/articles/1985-ford-mustang-interceptor-police-pursuit-special-217

Andy
06-11-2014, 05:13 PM
The reason I found the above item is because I was looking for THIS one from a while back -

http://www.classiccar.co.nz/articles/1985-ford-mustang-interceptor-police-pursuit-special-217

http://i62.tinypic.com/kajskg.jpg

28HopUp
06-12-2014, 11:49 AM
Andy, I shoulda told you to grab your nitro pills before clicking that link. :p I am pretty sure you've seen it before. I made contact with the owner, and have asked him for some details on the car. It would be nice to document another '85 CHP, even if the owner has twerked it a bit.

28HopUp
06-16-2014, 10:34 AM
Haha!

nighthawk756
06-16-2014, 02:29 PM
Lol

I see what you did there! :D

John Connor
06-16-2014, 05:49 PM
I heard that Frito Lay was looking to buy GM. They figure that all the vehicles they use it would be cheaper to own there own auto company. They were having trouble finding a new name for the parent company. So they decided the new name of the company would Rust O Lay.

28HopUp
06-20-2014, 09:55 AM
I heard this morning that the release date for the new Transformers 4 movie has been delayed because Bumble Bee was recalled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CdVTCDdEwI

:p

nighthawk756
06-20-2014, 10:12 AM
I heard this morning that the release date for the new Transformers 4 movie has been delayed because Bumble Bee was recalled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CdVTCDdEwI

:p

Doh!! :D

NoDrama43
06-20-2014, 11:30 AM
all I know is that when it is 90 degrees outside, it is NOT the time to prep for pouring concrete.....

nighthawk756
06-20-2014, 11:43 AM
all I know is that when it is 90 degrees outside, it is NOT the time to prep for pouring concrete.....

I thought I was going to fall out with heat stroke cutting my grass yesterday. Holy cow it's hot!! :O

NoDrama43
06-20-2014, 02:22 PM
I am replacing concrete around the pool, pressure washing and staining the fence, all new landscaping, 12 volt lighting, plus I moved the pump and filter around the corner of the house so it will be quieter at the pool. This spring project is kicking my butt.

My bride has already bought all the new pool furniture and it is piled up in the garage. Tic Toc.....

28HopUp
06-20-2014, 02:47 PM
Having the pool so close to your work area is a great motivator to get things done, but it also makes it tougher to press on through the heat when the water looks so inviting.

John Connor
06-25-2014, 06:55 AM
You know it's bad when your last 3 UPS driver's know you by your first name! Yesterday I was at work and noticed the UPS truck pulled up infront of the station but not normaly where they park to make there delivery to town hall. Turns out the delivery was to me and he need me to sign for it. He states he knew I was working becasues of the Mustang park out front. Now I know it is bad. They also remember what I drive and where I work. Even worse when I told him the parts were for a Chevy he ask me when did I start working on them. :No no: :No no:

Fatrabbit
06-25-2014, 08:21 AM
The UPS guy comes in my office and says "More Mustang parts" with every package.

Bullitt1609
07-01-2014, 02:33 PM
In reference to other police use Mustangs, has anyone heard of or have any additional info on the two 1993 Wayne County, MI Sheriff experimental Mustangs?

Quoted from another site:

The Wayne County Sheriff Department currently has two Ford Mustangs. They are 1993 sedans but are experimental Ford Cars and have the 1996 Cobra 4.6 liter DOHC engine in them. One is light blue and the other is bright red. Each has a Whelen edge light bar on the roof and "Wayne County Sheriff" in large white letters on the side.

Here is the link:

http://headgap.com/~zenatos/cop/michigan.html

The same information is also in the Ford Police Cars, 1932-1997 book, written by Edwin J. Sanow.

chp1982
07-01-2014, 04:29 PM
Most likely returned to Ford HQ then crushed. Stranger things have slipped through the cracks though.

28HopUp
07-02-2014, 09:23 AM
Interesting, but reading that green-on-black text made my head hurt. :p

MOstang
07-02-2014, 02:42 PM
Interesting, but reading that green-on-black text made my head hurt. :p

You mean you don't dream about the good old days of DOS?

Andy
07-02-2014, 09:27 PM
Nothing new here:rolleyes:
the SSP is locked up
and i need some help
for the escape.:stiritup:
could even skate
out a here with help:dancinguy:

28HopUp
07-03-2014, 10:06 AM
Nothing new here:rolleyes:
the SSP is locked up
and i need some help
for the escape.:stiritup:
could even skate
out a here with help:dancinguy:

OK, Andy. But where should we go??? :)

Andy
07-03-2014, 12:35 PM
OK, Andy. But where should we go??? :)

E408397 is is on a lift between the two doors so
After i back the Ranger out i need someone at
each front fender to control the skates
and an observer to see and shout instructions:yes:

http://i58.tinypic.com/eiwgmc.jpg
http://i58.tinypic.com/24ybpg0.jpg

28HopUp
07-03-2014, 02:01 PM
Those are nice lookin' wheel dollies. I have 2 pair from a major chain. They're cheap and cruddy, but they work OK.

I have a question for the group - what battery tenders do you use/recommend? I went to start up the '66 Mustang after it sitting for 6 weeks and the relatively new battery was unresponsive. I want to use a battery tender to keep it charged since the car is not regularly driven. Any recommendations? I am not sure where I should even look for them... :headscratch:

EXNODRAMANOTCH
07-03-2014, 03:53 PM
Those are nice lookin' wheel dollies. I have 2 pair from a major chain. They're cheap and cruddy, but they work OK.

I have a question for the group - what battery tenders do you use/recommend? I went to start up the '66 Mustang after it sitting for 6 weeks and the relatively new battery was unresponsive. I want to use a battery tender to keep it charged since the car is not regularly driven. Any recommendations? I am not sure where I should even look for them... :headscratch:

I have 8 Schumacher Speed Chargers (1.5 amp) and they work great ($20 at Walmart).

nighthawk756
07-03-2014, 06:47 PM
I use the brand name "battery tender" version. Think it was around 30 bucks from summit racing. Never had a problem, does great.

kapracing
07-03-2014, 07:53 PM
I use the brand name "battery tender" version. Think it was around 30 bucks from summit racing. Never had a problem, does great.

X's 2

Andy
07-03-2014, 09:27 PM

Did i say on a lift
I should have said under a lift

These wheel dollies are the only type
i can use because it jacks up the car
at the wheel.
I have no vertical clearance to first jack
the car and then slide the skate under.

I use the inexpensive Harbor Freight
float chargers and have some battery's that
should be in the Smithsonian on display
because of the date codes.:)

mac88chp
07-04-2014, 11:00 AM
I use the brand name "battery tender" version. Think it was around 30 bucks from summit racing. Never had a problem, does great.Same here, my Battery Tender Plus works great and won't sulfite your battery. Got mine though Eastwood at a great price.

28HopUp
07-04-2014, 11:57 AM
Thank you all for the recommendations!

Andy
07-05-2014, 11:06 PM
http://i60.tinypic.com/28vd1j8.jpg

28HopUp
07-07-2014, 08:23 PM
That thing is practically an antique, Andy! :)

NoDrama43
07-07-2014, 10:03 PM
last week when Mike was here I tried to start the cobra. deadernhell....

i put me a tender on her...now things are good.

Andy
07-09-2014, 07:47 PM
http://i57.tinypic.com/213pypu.jpg

28HopUp
07-10-2014, 11:11 AM
I am in no way affiliated with this organization, but thought that I would pass this along to the members here. An ad in the July 2014 Mustang Times features a charity raffle for two Mustangs (a 2014 V6 and a 2014 Roush), as seen here:

http://heartswithhands.org/

Tickets are $100 each with a total of 1,500 tickets to be sold. Those aren't bad odds in my opinion, even if they sell out. The drawing is scheduled for the end of July. Good luck to those who enter! :)

28HopUp
07-22-2014, 07:13 PM
I wanted to put this event up on people's radar -

The Race of Gentlemen (http://www.theraceofgentlemen.com/)

They're racing traditional hot rods (and old motorcycles) on the beach of Wild Wood, New Jersey. Given my username, this event is right up my alley. To give you a taste, here are a couple of quick videos from last year -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZRVzHzPzF0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UArMwpqfetQ

I plan to be a spectator. Anyone else interested?

nighthawk756
07-22-2014, 08:02 PM
Man, if this was closer to me I'd be ALL over it! I currently have a 55 Fairlane set up sort of in an LSR style.

And I hope to one day have a '32-'34 5 window coupe with a hot flatty in it.

28HopUp
08-06-2014, 11:13 AM
The Race of Gentlemen is perfect for me/us. Wildwood is an easy drive, plus it is the weekend before the MCA Show in Georgia. 'Wish I still had my 28 Model A (hence my username) to bring. I still have a bunch of speed parts for a hot 4-banger traditional hot rod, and I plan to pick up another Model A after Jack finishes college.

nighthawk756
08-06-2014, 11:24 AM
I still have a bunch of speed parts for a hot 4-banger traditional hot rod, and I plan to pick up another Model A after Jack finishes college.

Sounds like a great plan! :cool:

28HopUp
08-19-2014, 09:47 AM
Mick gave me a heads up about the following thread on FEP where the owner of a police package LTD (fox-chassis) received a Marti Report for his car -

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?162030-Anyone-ever-gotten-a-Marti-report-for-their-LTD-SSP

Note that it was not identified as a Special Service Package as found on the Mustangs. This car is listed as a "Police Package".

ImEvil1
08-19-2014, 10:11 AM
All CVs and LTDs were full package cars. I've seen a lot of posts over there about the "LTD SSP", but that's not the case, as the Marti shows.

28HopUp
08-21-2014, 09:47 AM
Thanks Mike. It's funny how the 1982 CHP hatchbacks, which were thought to be regular models from Ford, have since been confirmed as being SSP cars. Now the little LTD police cars, thought to be SSP cars (and called that by so many folks) are actually not SSP cars (but are police package cars like the Vics). We're always learning stuff... ;)

FoxChassis
08-21-2014, 10:03 AM
What does "full package" mean exactly? And how does it compare to "special service package"?

ImEvil1
08-21-2014, 03:56 PM
Thanks Mike. It's funny how the 1982 CHP hatchbacks, which were thought to be regular models from Ford, have since been confirmed as being SSP cars. Now the little LTD police cars, thought to be SSP cars (and called that by so many folks) are actually not SSP cars (but are police package cars like the Vics). We're always learning stuff... ;)

I agree. I love this thread...and the project, too.

ImEvil1
08-21-2014, 04:06 PM
What does "full package" mean exactly? And how does it compare to "special service package"?

Mick,

Honestly, I think it's Ford Marketing + some thrown in legal-ese. The first time I remember reading the difference was when I found the SSP insert in the paperwork that came with my '83 CSP car.

http://www.specialservicemustang.net/83_ssp_insert.htm

If what's in that insert is correct, Ford was basically telling the PDs that the Mustangs were not considered "police packages" and that they didn't meet the "product acceptance standards" for police package cars (CVs and LTDs). I have no clue as to what those standards were, but it was significant enough for Ford to differentiate between them via the insert. I have only seen that insert in one other car, another '83 (TXDPS formerly owned by the TX Highway Patrol Association).

If you look at the '87-'88 Ford police brochures here:

http://www.specialservicemustang.net/Brochures.html

You will see a similar wording but with the added "does not meet durability requirements".

After '88, the Mustangs got their own brochure.

FoxChassis
08-22-2014, 07:33 AM
I'd like to find LTD literature for the "police package". All I have been able to find so far on the subject is a brochure for the 1978 Fairmont.

http://storm.oldcarmanualproject.com/fordfairmontpolice1978.htm
http://oldcarbrochures.org/NA/Ford/1978_Ford/1978_Ford_Fairmont_Police_Car_Folder

ImEvil1
08-22-2014, 11:22 AM
Here you go (I think):

http://www.specialservicemustang.net/1984_bro_page4.htm

The LTD and Fairmont are mentioned in all of the early brochures, but you can see the split between the mid-size LTD (Fox) and the full-size LTD (Crown Vic) in the brochure above. I'm not sure when that happened (1983?).

FoxChassis
08-22-2014, 01:09 PM
Yeah, the split was 1983.

From 1980 through 1982 the LTD CV was the highest trim level of the Panther-chassis LTD model line. For the 1983 model year the LTD nameplate shifted to the Fox-chassis and the LTD CV became it's own model line.

28HopUp
08-25-2014, 06:33 PM
I've been in touch with Rich/CHP8336 and Ken/E435300_SMPV, who are both fine after the nearby earthquake. Has anyone heard from MikeC/mac88chp yet to see how he's doing? I think he's about an hour away from Napa.

mac88chp
08-25-2014, 11:18 PM
Checking in and all is fine with us here. Our place is about 30 miles from the epicenter and other than having a few minor things tossed around in the house and garage and a couple of small cracks open up on a new retaining wall, we came through the ordeal pretty much unscathed. Even at the distance we were at, the shaking made it seemed like the house was getting hit by a fully loaded semi going about 60...scary stuff.

MOstang
08-26-2014, 08:05 AM
Glad you're OK, Michael, that sounds very scary.

28HopUp
08-26-2014, 09:26 AM
Glad you're OK, Michael

Agreed!

John10608
08-26-2014, 09:38 AM
That is a weird feeling having that happen to you.
Glad you are ok and no damage to speak of !!

When we were in Alaska, June of last year, I woke up around 0300 to find our bed shaking back and forth pretty good. I kicked my wife ( girlfriend at the time ) and asked " what are you doing ?" thinking she was shaking the bed, then I realized it was an earthquake.

I jumped up to the window and all I could hear was the rumbling and what sounded like a jet engine or huge jet plane trying to take off. Guess that was the earthquake moving away or across the ground so I was told.

It is strange to feel it ! I could only imagine what it would be like being in the center of it. Not fun !

mac88chp
08-26-2014, 10:56 AM
Jolted out of bed again this morning at 0530 with back to back 3.7 / 3.9 aftershocks. Actually good news as these add to the odds that the big one on Sunday was not just a precursor for one even more wicked.

nighthawk756
08-26-2014, 11:40 AM
Wow, glad all are ok that were in the vicinity!

Unmrkd
08-26-2014, 11:58 AM
We had these when I was stationed in Guam. Very un-nerving! In a thunderstorm you run inside. In a tornado you get in the storm shelter. During a flood you get to high ground. During a fire you get the %$^* out.

During an earthquake and you hear the rumble and see the yard and street like rolling waves of the ocean, where can you run??????? Scares the hell out of you.:eek:

Glad everyone is OK.

28HopUp
09-04-2014, 04:42 PM
2015s rolling rolling rolling down the assembly line (no commentary or music) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn4uyhvVEvM

nighthawk756
09-04-2014, 07:10 PM
2015s rolling rolling rolling down the assembly line (no commentary or music) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn4uyhvVEvM

Heeeeeeeeeeere they come! :2thumbs:

ImEvil1
09-04-2014, 10:31 PM
Cool video, but those are the new 5.0 Fusions.

nighthawk756
09-04-2014, 11:36 PM

:D :D

28HopUp
09-05-2014, 12:36 PM

Haha, but it's not the first time Ford has made the Mustang...

http://media.caranddriver.com/images/media/165854/1988-ford-mustang-50-photo-166434-s-429x262.jpg

...look like one of their sedans

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/06/ford_taurus-1986_r3_opt.jpg

ImEvil1
09-05-2014, 03:15 PM
Those two certainly share the aero-themed lights...

The new "Pony Edition" Fusion looks like the product of a Hyundai/Fusion/Aston Martin/Subaru bender blend.

Blech.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/how-the-2015-mustang-stole-christmas-72708.html

xxtrpr
09-05-2014, 04:48 PM
Haha, but it's not the first time Ford has made the Mustang...

http://media.caranddriver.com/images/media/165854/1988-ford-mustang-50-photo-166434-s-429x262.jpg

...look like one of their sedans

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/06/ford_taurus-1986_r3_opt.jpg

Top picture is the exact car that started my Mustang issues except was 87 black with red interior and red stripe. Bought new in 87 when i was 17 fresh out of high school in electrical union. Traded my 1980 Brown and gold Z28 for it was presidents day weekend sale so they were approving anybody. Then 2 weeks later they called me said my financing fell through and they needed me to bring car back. So i was crushed drove it back and guess what they already wholesaled my Z28. So after many days of fighting we agreed they would give me great deal on a 85 Capri they had on lot so 2nd 5.0 in 2 weeks. Sorry to side track thread and won't get into rest of story. But kept Capri year or so then traded in for my 1st notchback 1989 bright red stripped with just AC and power mirrors.

28HopUp
09-05-2014, 05:09 PM
Mike, that article made me laugh. The writer sounded like a grumpy old man wanting things the way they were in "the good old days" (solid axle, and straightline performance, etc. Yadda yadda yadda). Folks are certainly entitled to their own opinion about how the new car looks, and there's been plenty written online to argue both points. I would buy a 2015 in a heartbeat if I could, but I don't need one right now, and would rather put my money elsewhere (like college tuition payments). It WILL be interesting to see how the aftermarket responds with body kits to give the front-end a more aggressive look.

Sorry to side track thread and won't get into rest of story. But kept Capri year or so then traded in for my 1st notchback 1989 bright red stripped with just AC and power mirrors.

Don't be silly! This thread is all about getting sidetracked! :D

ImEvil1
09-05-2014, 08:25 PM
I thought it was funny, too! ( that's why I posted it).

For me, the new car looks ricey. To each their own, though.

xxtrpr
09-05-2014, 10:26 PM
Def looks like the mustang and fusion had off spring not sure im a fan will have to see it in person

28HopUp
09-05-2014, 11:01 PM
I'm looking forward to my first sighting on the road. Jack has already seen one down in Charleston.

MOstang
09-06-2014, 12:15 PM
See it in person, a couple of times , before concluding on the new Mustang. Looks great in person!

28HopUp
09-10-2014, 04:06 PM
So I curbed Debbie's vert the other night in the dark while making a u-turn. :eek: Scratched the rim badly and cut the sidewall (still holding air though). I found a reconditioned rim, and will be buying a pair of 19" tires (cuz I cannot replace just one tire). What a bonehead (and expensive) mistake that was! :No no:

nighthawk756
09-10-2014, 05:05 PM
So I curbed Debbie's vert the other night in the dark while making a u-turn. :eek: Scratched the rim badly and cut the sidewall (still holding air though). I found a reconditioned rim, and will be buying a pair of 19" tires (cuz I cannot replace just one tire). What a bonehead (and expensive) mistake that was! :No no:

Doh!! :eek:

kapracing
09-10-2014, 07:56 PM
That blows...:puke:

Sorry to hear that. Might wanna have a fresh alignment before you take off on the new tires...

28HopUp
09-10-2014, 10:50 PM
An alignment is probably a good idea...

xxtrpr
09-14-2014, 12:53 PM
Watching motorweek thay covered 50th and showed 2 GSP's and a FHP with blonde woman driving it think plate said 1526

xxtrpr
09-14-2014, 12:53 PM
Wont let me load picts sorry.

Unmrkd
09-14-2014, 01:49 PM
Watching motorweek thay covered 50th and showed 2 GSP's and a FHP with blonde woman driving it think plate said 1526

I had owned 1526 until last December when I sold it to Leah Kappler. She is a very nice lady and a real fan of the SSP's. That FHP is a very nice car and the owner prior to me (Tom Gouldy) deserves the lion's share of the credit for taking such good care of it.

kapracing
09-14-2014, 04:48 PM

Two GSP's? Hmmmm I love to see that if possible:D As that would be my car and Lisa Samms...

xxtrpr
09-14-2014, 07:49 PM
I had owned 1526 until last December when I sold it to Leah Kappler. She is a very nice lady and a real fan of the SSP's. That FHP is a very nice car and the owner prior to me (Tom Gouldy) deserves the lion's share of the credit for taking such good care of it.

Tom and Donna's FHP is beautiful car i have seen it few times in person. And i stayed at their house for a fords at Carlisle show.. Great people.

xxtrpr
09-14-2014, 07:56 PM
Two GSP's? Hmmmm I love to see that if possible:D As that would be my car and Lisa Samms...

Bobby sent to your email and 2 people sitting behind GSP'S in chairs maybe your famous.

kapracing
09-14-2014, 08:07 PM
Yep that's me and Jessica! :2thumbs: thanks for posting this up! Kewl!!!:cool:

xxtrpr
09-14-2014, 08:13 PM
No problem if you could post picture of episode that i took maybe you guys can get copies

xxtrpr
09-14-2014, 08:14 PM
Got it

kapracing
09-14-2014, 08:39 PM
It's been a very blessed weekend!!!
Not only did I get to meet the Trooper that drove my 92 and get some awesome picture and have him sign it's trunk lid...

This turns up in the media...

And...

I traded my 83 donor body ( after swapping out all parts I needed) ...

kapracing
09-14-2014, 08:45 PM
For this...

Another 1 of 19
1992 GSP LoJack equipped Mustang ...
More to come...

xxtrpr
09-14-2014, 09:34 PM
For this...

Another 1 of 19
1992 GSP LoJack equipped Mustang ...
More to come...

AWESOME!!!!! Congrats

nighthawk756
09-14-2014, 09:45 PM
Great news! 1 of 19 AND LoJack too? Doesn't get much better than that!:2thumbs:

kapracing
09-15-2014, 08:29 AM
AWESOME!!!!! Congrats

Thanks !

Great news! 1 of 19 AND LoJack too? Doesn't get much better than that!:2thumbs:

Only if it was a "slick top" !!!

28HopUp
10-16-2014, 12:35 PM
I never posted any pictures here from The Race of Gentlemen, held in Wildwood, NJ earlier this month (these are the ones I had posted on FB). The cars were so cool, but by the time we got there shortly after lunch on Saturday the racing had ended due to high tide. :( We did get to see/hear the cars monkey around on the beach though. It was definitely worth attending. Given my username, I may need to find a way to put a Model A back into my garage. ;)

Andy
10-16-2014, 03:11 PM
Thanks for posting the pict's:)

nighthawk756
10-16-2014, 03:15 PM
Love it!! :2thumbs:

I have a line on a 29 A Roadster that was taken completely apart and restored in the 60's and never put back together. It's been sitting in a basement all these years. Verrrrrry tempted to snag that one....

28HopUp
10-16-2014, 03:40 PM
Brad, you should get it. It will most likely be cheap (relatively speaking) since it is blown apart, and it would be a lot of fun putting it back together and driving it. My plan is to buy a restored open car off some guy's widow, and hop it up as a traditional pre-WW2 style hot rod. :)

Bullitt1609
10-21-2014, 09:45 AM
Thought I would share some new pics we took over the weekend

'89 MN SSP
http://images51.fotki.com/v303/photos/9/3334769/13027564/IMG_20141018_130241921_HDR-vi.jpg

'86 Dark Shadow Blue SVO (24k original miles)
http://images15.fotki.com/v587/photos/9/3334769/13347493/DSC00322-vi.jpg

'95 GTS
http://images51.fotki.com/v282/photos/9/3334769/13027657/DSC00344-vi.jpg

'94 Cobra Pace Car
http://images51.fotki.com/v303/photos/9/3334769/13347408/DSC00333-vi.jpg

28HopUp
10-21-2014, 09:57 AM
VERY nice, Jonathon! :thumbsup:

kapracing
10-21-2014, 10:54 AM
Sweeeeeet !!!

EXNODRAMANOTCH
10-21-2014, 04:23 PM
Very nice! Can't wait to come and visit all the SSPs that will be in the new museum!:2thumbs:

28HopUp
10-23-2014, 10:02 AM
No, I'm not talking about the middle of the ocean! :p I'm talking about Mustang fans from the mid-Atlantic states. Tomorrow I will be participating in a private track rental at Maryland International Raceway, as discussed here:

http://www.mustangcollective.com/showthread.php?t=40920

This is the 8th annual event, but attendance is down this year. The dragstrip will be open to all folks who say they are part of our "group" (The Mustang Collective). The cost to race isn't cheap - $100. But you basically can race all day as many times down the track as you want. One year I made over 15 passes! This year, Debbie and I will be taking her 2011 GT/CS vert that we drove to Savannah. The car is stock except for the GT500 mufflers. On street tires, I am hoping for a best ET of 13.0 flat. It's an 1-1/2 hour drive for us, so the car will not have a chance to cool down before racing. But it will be fun regardless of the ETs. These are a really good group of folks, so if you are in the area and free tomorrow (Jack?), I hope you can come out. :)

28HopUp
10-26-2014, 09:20 AM
http://www.mustangcollective.com/showthread.php?t=40920

This is the 8th annual event, but attendance is down this year. The dragstrip will be open to all folks who say they are part of our "group" (The Mustang Collective). The cost to race isn't cheap - $100. But you basically can race all day as many times down the track as you want. One year I made over 15 passes! This year, Debbie and I will be taking her 2011 GT/CS vert that we drove to Savannah. The car is stock except for the GT500 mufflers. On street tires, I am hoping for a best ET of 13.0 flat. It's an 1-1/2 hour drive for us, so the car will not have a chance to cool down before racing. But it will be fun regardless of the ETs. These are a really good group of folks, so if you are in the area and free tomorrow (Jack?), I hope you can come out. :)

I had a GREAT time at MIR on Friday. It was great to see the gang there from the Collective. The track was having a Super Stock night, so a lot of the cars showed up for Test'N Tune. There were easily a dozen show-quality vintage muscle cars running with us. Hemis, big blocks, Vettes - all wearing Poly-Glas GT style bias-ply tires and running 10s-12s. As for me, I made 8 passes, with the best being -

60' - 2.016
1/8 - 8.478 @ 84.99mph
1/4 - 13.027 @ 109.47mph

So the car ran exactly how I was expecting. I did not take any photos, but I will hopefully share some that the other folks took that day. :)

MOstang
10-26-2014, 10:13 AM
Jonathon - If I didn't know better, I would think the MN State Patrol SSP picture above was a vintage picture. Not sure if it's the camera setting, the scene, or both but has that "vintage" look. :cool:

Bullitt1609
10-27-2014, 02:22 PM
Jonathon - If I didn't know better, I would think the MN State Patrol SSP picture above was a vintage picture. Not sure if it's the camera setting, the scene, or both but has that "vintage" look. :cool:

Thanks Mike! I really liked how it came out as well. :thumbsup:

nighthawk756
10-28-2014, 11:02 AM
Brad, you should get it. It will most likely be cheap (relatively speaking) since it is blown apart, and it would be a lot of fun putting it back together and driving it. My plan is to buy a restored open car off some guy's widow, and hop it up as a traditional pre-WW2 style hot rod. :)

Sounds like a great plan Bill!

nighthawk756
10-28-2014, 11:05 AM

I agree! Great pics!

nighthawk756
10-28-2014, 11:05 AM
I had a GREAT time at MIR on Friday. It was great to see the gang there from the Collective. The track was having a Super Stock night, so a lot of the cars showed up for Test'N Tune. There were easily a dozen show-quality vintage muscle cars running with us. Hemis, big blocks, Vettes - all wearing Poly-Glas GT style bias-ply tires and running 10s-12s. As for me, I made 8 passes, with the best being -

60' - 2.016
1/8 - 8.478 @ 84.99mph
1/4 - 13.027 @ 109.47mph

So the car ran exactly how I was expecting. I did not take any photos, but I will hopefully share some that the other folks took that day. :)

Not too shabby! Sounds like a great time and event.

28HopUp
10-29-2014, 09:59 AM
Not too shabby! Sounds like a great time and event.

Thanks Brad. Here is a video of one of my runs -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU4GEIH92xA&index=14&list=PLFwusme1-bRZ0bk0HLU3efMYm9pPwkEbK

kapracing
10-29-2014, 11:24 AM
Bill,

Sweet :2thumbs:

Bullitt1609
11-10-2014, 09:59 AM
Thought I would share a couple new pics we took over the weekend

'90 NHP
http://images43.fotki.com/v1439/photos/9/3334769/13228918/2-vi.jpg

'93 TX DPS
http://images60.fotki.com/v224/photos/9/3334769/13029236/1-vi.jpg

28HopUp
11-10-2014, 11:19 AM
Very nice, Jonathon! :)

mac88chp
11-10-2014, 11:34 AM
Great shot of the NHP! :cool:

MOstang
11-10-2014, 09:21 PM
Nice pics!

28HopUp
11-18-2014, 11:49 AM
In case anybody missed the announcement this week -

http://www.torquenews.com/106/ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-ready-dominate-road-racing-world

I'm not planning to get one, but I would love to have one when they are released. :)

ImEvil1
11-18-2014, 12:48 PM
I didn't think it could get any worse.

chp1982
11-18-2014, 06:20 PM
Fortunately for Ford, just about everyone (myself included) is drooling. The new car looks great in pictures but incredible in person.

28HopUp
11-20-2014, 05:07 PM
I seen a few 2015s up close now, and I think it does look better in person than in photographs. IMO, I think it looks better/worse depending on the color choice. There are some colors that do not excite me, but I like that Ford has upped the number of available colors. I have said for a while that Ford was missing an opportunity by not mixing up the color offerings with each new year (particularly on carry-over models).

28HopUp
11-24-2014, 11:41 AM
A friend of mine who is a retired LEO posted the following item on my FB wall -

http://www.maxim.com/cars/maxim-field-guide-north-american-cop-car

The info is interesting for those who like police vehicles. Just avoid clicking on the WOMEN tab if you happen to be at work. ;)

28HopUp
12-08-2014, 11:03 AM
I do not remember seeing these before, but the following two pictures were posted on the Fox Body Addicts FB page over the weekend -

http://www.specialservicemustang.net/images/1993SVTSSP1.jpg

http://www.specialservicemustang.net/images/1993SVTSSP2.jpg

A 1993 Cobra (note the wheels) and a 1993 FHP Mustang. Nice! :D

MOstang
12-08-2014, 11:43 AM
Cool! :cool:

chp1982
12-09-2014, 12:09 AM
Wow! Great pictures. I would have never thought those two cars would be on the same line.

1989 Tx DPS SSP
12-09-2014, 11:31 PM
They are from the Fox Mustang Recognition Guide. There is another photo from the 86 section that shows a Black and White.

28HopUp
12-16-2014, 04:01 PM
:)

mac88chp
12-23-2014, 09:55 PM
A cool story, right from my hometown:

https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/stolen--67-mustang-returned-to-lucky-owner-28-years-later-165711326.html

28HopUp
12-24-2014, 02:51 PM
Cool story. :thumbsup:

28HopUp
01-05-2015, 01:01 PM
Now that New Year's Day is behind us, it's time to look forward. What are your SSP plans for 2015?

If I get the initiative, I may remove the stock drivetrain from the 85 GT. The engine seems fine, so I will likely just install a new oil pump for good measure, add new gaskets all around, and repaint/detail everything before installing it in the SMPV. That is a realistic goal, since I am not looking to spend much money on the car with Jack still being in college. Once I have all of the little items removed from the GT, I will likely sell the shell (rust-free shells from California are hard to find out here).

In terms of the SSP site, I would like to document more cars in the VIN Project. Hopefully, some good documentation will surface this year so we can add more cars. I also want to help Bobby with creating a new Tech Page on the Georgia State Patrol cars.

Does anyone else care to share their SSP plans in 2015? Are there any shows you plan to hit?

kapracing
01-05-2015, 01:43 PM
Now that New Year's Day is behind us, it's time to look forward. What are your SSP plans for 2015?

If I get the initiative, I may remove the stock drivetrain from the 85 GT. The engine seems fine, so I will likely just install a new oil pump for good measure, add new gaskets all around, and repaint/detail everything before installing it in the SMPV. That is a realistic goal, since I am not looking to spend much money on the car with Jack still being in college. Once I have all of the little items removed from the GT, I will likely sell the shell (rust-free shells from California are hard to find out here).

In terms of the SSP site, I would like to document more cars in the VIN Project. Hopefully, some good documentation will surface this year so we can add more cars. I also want to help Bobby with creating a new Tech Page on the Georgia State Patrol cars.

Does anyone else care to share their SSP plans in 2015? Are there any shows you plan to hit?

I can't wait to see the SMPV back moving under its own power:2thumbs:

My immediate plans are to get the 83 in paint and get the wrecked in service 88 on it's way to being fully restored...

I have been slowly working on the restoration tech page and should have a draft by march or so ... (still gotta few items to iron out as far as equipment goes)

I'm considering attending the Ohio MCA show and any in and around Ga., of course...

Good luck to all in 2015...

28HopUp
01-05-2015, 04:32 PM
Love it!! :2thumbs:

I have a line on a 29 A Roadster that was taken completely apart and restored in the 60's and never put back together. It's been sitting in a basement all these years. Verrrrrry tempted to snag that one....

Brad, did anything come of this???

xxtrpr
01-05-2015, 05:55 PM
The 1st step for my 2015 plans is to get the NHP home i,m working on transport now and hope to have it picked up in week or so... Then when it gets here do some exploring looking for evidence of equipment mounting and etc. Get the column fixed and dig into the interior. Next would have to be mounting steelies. Then it depends on what i find and how the money situation goes.Research research research thanks to Brad have a good jump in some things.

28HopUp
02-03-2015, 03:16 PM
This little hot hatch would be a lot of fun I bet!

http://www.torquenews.com/106/ford-focus-rs-brings-mustang-ecoboost-power-awd-us

:cool:

nighthawk756
02-04-2015, 01:49 AM
This little hot hatch would be a lot of fun I bet!

http://www.torquenews.com/106/ford-focus-rs-brings-mustang-ecoboost-power-awd-us

:cool:

Wow, that thing is sweet! I've loved the last few years of the focus design and even the fiesta sport versions are cool. This one is definitely one I'd love to have for a spirited daily. Kinda wish it was going to have the option of a flappy panel gear box(paddle shifted auto) instead of only being available in manual. Since this is the type of car I see being a great long distance road trip car.

28HopUp
02-04-2015, 11:46 AM
this is the type of car I see being a great long distance road trip car.

I know! This will be my attempt at convincing Debbie -

"But honey, it's an Eco-Boost so it gets great gas mileage. The hatchback will be convenient for carrying things, and the AWD system will be ideal in the snow".

'Think that'll convince her? [no, me either] :D

mac88chp
02-04-2015, 02:01 PM
Been driving my own boosted "hot hatch" for almost 6 years now:

http://media.fotki.com/1_p,wbsssdqkddrswwrxstkbkdwsrgwg,vi/tdbbbqbsxwdgkgrtst/9/438439/10092998/P1010941web-vi.jpg

http://media.fotki.com/1_p,wkbgdkqkgrstrbwxstkbkdwsrgwg,vi/wrqfwtgqbxwqktffbbq/9/438439/10092998/P1010809-vi.jpg

2009 Chevy HHR SS powered by EcoTec 2.0L turbocharged I-4 with dealer installed GM turbo upgrade kit and an added aftermarket rear swaybar. This little compact beastie puts down 300hp/315tq and easily runs with my 2008 Bullitt Mustang through the traps and on the twisties. Plus it swallows up huge amounts of cargo and delivers 30+ mpg on the highway without breaking a sweat.

It's been my first choice for long distance travel and great utility use everyday to boot. I bought this to replace an older Jeep XJ Cherokee when the only thing Ford had to offer at the time was the ancient Escape, the Volvo derived Edge or the weird looking Flex...yawn. Of course, just as soon as GM gets something right they discontinue it so you can't buy one of these anymore but the motor lives on in the Buick Regal GS and at least one hotted-up Caddy.

28HopUp
02-04-2015, 02:24 PM
That's a nice little DD you have there!

mac88chp
02-04-2015, 09:58 PM
That's a nice little DD you have there!
Thanks! It actually sees a lot less DD these days since I retired and moved to an area with much more challenging (i.e. crap) roads to assault the body cladding and wheels with those low profile tires. New DD is a zero option 2011 Ranger, less exciting on the road but a great ranch truck!

28HopUp
02-09-2015, 05:44 PM
I do not think that I have posted up this video -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K0tP0pIa54

This Model T was one of my favorites from The Race of Gentlemen in October.

28HopUp
02-16-2015, 12:29 PM
Question, are the GMP models out of production? I saw a post on FB that said they were out of business. If so, I need to scoop up an 85 CHP before too long and repaint it as a SMPV. ;)

kapracing
02-16-2015, 12:56 PM
Question, are the GMP models out of production? I saw a post on FB that said they were out of business. If so, I need to scoop up an 85 CHP before too long and repaint it as a SMPV. ;)

I do believe so Bill...
maybe someone else can chime in here...

That's probably why the prices are so high LOL

28HopUp
02-16-2015, 01:03 PM
Supply & Demand I guess. I also noticed that the asking/going prices have crept up as well.

EXNODRAMANOTCH
02-16-2015, 11:12 PM
They have been out of business for several years now. I bought 3 of those 85 CHP SSP Mustangs when they while GMP was still in business from an online diecast vendor for $35.00 each, and gave one to a friend (who let it collect dust in his detail shop where customer's kids snapped off the spotlights and antennas), gave one away to the purchaser of my 86 Utah SSP, and kept one for myself to display. I could have bought 20 at that price, and now after seeing what they bring on ePay, I wish I would have (of course hindsight is 20/20).

kapracing
02-16-2015, 11:41 PM
They have been out of business for several years now. I bought 3 of those 85 CHP SSP Mustangs when they while GMP was still in business from an online diecast vendor for $35.00 each, and gave one to a friend (who let it collect dust in his detail shop where customer's kids snapped off the spotlights and antennas), gave one away to the purchaser of my 86 Utah SSP, and kept one for myself to display. I could have bought 20 at that price, and now after seeing what they bring on ePay, I wish I would have (of course hindsight is 20/20).

I have the spots and couple antennas that were removed from my CHP I converted to GSP if needed?

MOstang
02-17-2015, 08:38 AM
I could have bought 20 at that price, and now after seeing what they bring on ePay, I wish I would have (of course hindsight is 20/20).

Bob - If you'd bought 20 of them each would probably be selling for only $1 more than you paid :D. Well at least that is how it seems to work for me.

EXNODRAMANOTCH
02-17-2015, 02:56 PM
Bob - If you'd bought 20 of them each would probably be selling for only $1 more than you paid :D. Well at least that is how it seems to work for me.

You are probably right Mike, especially now with all the fees on ePay (including a percentage of the shipping charge).

EXNODRAMANOTCH
02-17-2015, 03:06 PM
I have the spots and couple antennas that were removed from my CHP I converted to GSP if needed?

Thanks for the offer, but unfortunately my friend of almost 25 years passed away last May (during heart surgery) and I have no idea what his present wife (4th one, married only 14 months) did with all of his collectibles, (guns and real cars). Since I hardly knew her I did not think it was appropriate to ask.

kapracing
02-17-2015, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the offer, but unfortunately my friend of almost 25 years passed away last May (during heart surgery) and I have no idea what his present wife (4th one, married only 14 months) did with all of his collectibles, (guns and real cars). Since I hardly knew her I did not think it was appropriate to ask.

Sorry for your loss... I understand not asking...

EXNODRAMANOTCH
02-17-2015, 06:38 PM
Sorry for your loss... I understand not asking...

Thank you.

28HopUp
02-18-2015, 11:26 AM
Bob, my condolences on the loss of your friend.

EXNODRAMANOTCH
02-18-2015, 09:19 PM
Bob, my condolences on the loss of your friend.

Thanks, JR was the one who got me into modifying my 86 GT convertible back in 1990 (he had a supercharged 90 Mustang hatch at the time). He had over 200 muscle cars pass through his hands over the years, but his favorite car was his 89 20th Anniversary Turbo Trans Am that he bought and modified in the late 90's. He would host an annual local Buick Grand National Club event at his detail shop and invite me and my MSP SSP as the only "brand X" allowed. He encouraged me to buy my first SSP in 2004 and we had a lot of good times over the years.

xxtrpr
02-22-2015, 11:49 PM
Miss my FHP I'm sure many of us miss our past ones.

28HopUp
02-23-2015, 11:31 AM
Who has your FHP now? The one thing I dislike is when a car falls off the radar entirely. Sometimes they'll pop back up. I know with my 1985 CHP #E408395, the last I heard it was being sold in Montana for relatively big bucks. Perhaps it is better if we do not know the fate of our old cars, because they may not be doing too well. :(

xxtrpr
02-23-2015, 03:29 PM
Who has your FHP now? The one thing I dislike is when a car falls off the radar entirely. Sometimes they'll pop back up. I know with my 1985 CHP #E408395, the last I heard it was being sold in Montana for relatively big bucks. Perhaps it is better if we do not know the fate of our old cars, because they may not be doing too well. :(

Somebody here owns it i think in Detroit i sold it to Ford dealer on ebay for 15k i lost 5k. But i hear it sold couple times since for big $$

28HopUp
02-23-2015, 04:56 PM
I found the VIN Project page for the 92 FHP. It was one of the lucky FHP cars to have some in-service accident photos -

http://www.specialservicemustang.net/VINlist/FHP/1992FHP136841/info136841.htm

Nice documentation! :)

xxtrpr
02-23-2015, 06:33 PM
Yes i had ton of paperwork for it i disnt have accident info that was found after
Nice documentation! :)[es i had ton of paperwork for it i disnt have accident info that was found after
Nice documentation! :)I found the VIN Project page for the 92 FHP. It was one of the lucky FHP cars to have some in-service accident photos -

http://www.specialservicemustang.net/VINlist/FHP/1992FHP136841/info136841.htm

Yes i had ton of paperwork for it i disnt have accident info that was found after

MOstang
02-23-2015, 08:58 PM
Nice documentation! :)[es i had ton of paperwork for it i disnt have accident info that was found after

I owned it at one point and sold it a number of years ago. Acquired the FHP crash photos when many on the forums were scooping those up (and before that window of opportunity passed). My understanding it has bounced around several times since, at least that is what I've hard, but I haven't noticed it surface in several years. Sure did like that car. :)

28HopUp
02-24-2015, 01:55 PM
I just wanted to vent about eBay. Now that Matchbox has introduced the CHP Mustang to their line-up, most of the searches online/eBay for "SSP Mustang" bring up those little cars. It gets frustrating.

[that is all!] :)

kapracing
02-24-2015, 06:21 PM
I just wanted to vent about eBay. Now that Matchbox has introduced the CHP Mustang to their line-up, most of the searches online/eBay for "SSP Mustang" bring up those little cars. It gets frustrating.

[that is all!] :)

I almost complained about the same thing! You ca't even seach SSP Mustang with out getting flooded with them:eek:

chp1982
02-24-2015, 06:36 PM
Ha, I'm more upset that I had to pay almost 4 bucks for one. Turns out, that was a deal!

EXNODRAMANOTCH
02-24-2015, 07:18 PM
I've found 20 of those on the pegs from $.79 to $1.29 each, but won't be reselling any of them, as I plan on giving them away to kids who take an interest in either of my SSPs at cars shows this year.

28HopUp
02-24-2015, 07:50 PM
I've found 20 of those on the pegs from $.79 to $1.29 each, but won't be reselling any of them, as I plan on giving them away to kids who take an interest in either of my SSPs at cars shows this year.

If this forum had a 'LIKE' button, I would click it for your post. :D

28HopUp
02-25-2015, 11:35 AM
Who here misses the discussion forum on CopCar.com (CCdC)? Here is their main page -

http://copcar.com/index.html

Their forum had be under heavy attack from hackers, and they ended up taking down the forum entirely. I hope they are able to come up with a solution.

MOstang
02-25-2015, 04:29 PM
I hope it returns. Many of the members had already (prior to the forum going down) become more active on various Facebook groups, that I am also a member. Perhaps it will only require some time to pass, for things to "simmer" down with the hackers...hopefully.

mac88chp
02-28-2015, 01:05 PM
Been a member over there since at least 1998. Yeah, miss it and hope it returns.

Who here misses the discussion forum on CopCar.com (CCdC)? Here is their main page -

http://copcar.com/index.html

Their forum had be under heavy attack from hackers, and they ended up taking down the forum entirely. I hope they are able to come up with a solution.

kapracing
03-02-2015, 11:29 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILL !!!!!!:birthday:

28HopUp
03-02-2015, 03:58 PM
Thank you, Bobby! :D

It's kinda funny. I received all of these birthday emails from the different forums where I belong. It blows me away by how many of these I no longer visit:

ClickClick Racing
Adoption.com
SVT Performance
Foxbody T-Bird/Cougar
MercuryMarauder
Bronco II
The Ranger Station
F150online
Ford Focus
SuperCoupe Club

And those are just the ones where I no longer participate. Then there are the ones where I am active. Do I really spend that much time online?!?! :rolleyes:

xxtrpr
03-02-2015, 05:09 PM
Happy Birthday....🍨🍰

John Connor
03-02-2015, 08:59 PM
Happy Birthday Bill

Andy
03-02-2015, 10:58 PM
:birthday: Happy Birthday :birthday:

28HopUp
03-03-2015, 08:47 AM
Thank you, Gentlemen! :)

28HopUp
03-13-2015, 11:46 AM
Here's the Megafactories video from Flint Rock -

http://mustangforums.com/articles/national-geographic-checks-mustang-megafactories/

The video is long, and the video was filmed prior to the 2015 S550 models being made, but it is an interesting view.

28HopUp
03-18-2015, 03:26 PM
I don't know how the roads are in your area, but they run deep 'round these parts...

MOstang
03-18-2015, 08:02 PM
I think we could give you a run for your money. The politicians have been "dinking" around for the past couple years on a bill to generate money for the decades of non-maintaining of roads here and diverting money that was supposed to be for their upkeep to other things of such great value I can't remember them. :rolleyes:

28HopUp
03-19-2015, 10:21 AM
I think we could give you a run for your money.

I believe you, Mike. I remember driving back from Detroit in March a few years back when we flew in to pick up the Harper Woods PD Mustang and drive it back. The roads/interstate in Michigan were horrible. You could tell when crossing the state line into Ohio because the road smoothed out.

28HopUp
04-05-2015, 08:13 AM
Happy Easter, to my peeps!

xxtrpr
04-05-2015, 11:28 PM
Happy Easter, to my peeps!

LOL Bill Happy Easter to you and all

28HopUp
04-28-2015, 03:27 PM
After looking on FB, it is nice to come here and not see/read all of the commentary on the events goin' on (it's not that I don't want to discuss these matters, I am just a bit burnt out on it at the moment). To help steer away discussions from world events, did anyone see the video of the recent Camaro road rage incident?

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1098031_road-rage-camaro-a-hole-wrecks-himself-into-big-rig-video?fbfanpage

There is plenty of blame to go around on this one...

MOstang
04-28-2015, 07:34 PM
Stupid is, as stupid does...:eek:

MOstang
04-28-2015, 07:34 PM
BTW I think more will be installing dash cams like that in the future.

28HopUp
04-28-2015, 07:46 PM
BTW I think more will be installing dash cams like that in the future.

I agree. One was installed in my old 07 F150 when I got it, but I never needed the camera. I would like to put one into my new 14 F150. I don't have a clue what I would go with this time around.

Rhino
04-28-2015, 10:39 PM
I heard this was rated well if you want an all-in-one GPS and camera:
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/on-the-road/automotive/2015-line/nuvicam-lmthd/prod168820.html

28HopUp
04-29-2015, 08:53 AM
Ryan, thanks for the tip. That one is a bit pricey for my needs, but I did find this Garmin Dash Cam 20
that is a mid-priced unit with really good reviews -

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/garmin-dash-cam-20-2-3-gps-driving-recorder/3939015.p?id=1219094697483&skuId=3939015

Rhino
04-29-2015, 08:01 PM
Yes - if you only need the camera - the 20 might be a good choice. Some rated better, but were off-brands. Garmin has been pretty good on the few devices I have used in the past.

28HopUp
05-12-2015, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the input! I ended up buying the 20. The comments were true - the power cord is too short. I do not like having a wire hang down from the mirror to the dash, so I plan to install a mini Add-A-Fuse to hard wire the unit up the A-pillar and behind the headliner. It should make for a much cleaner installation, and by picking a key-on circuit the unit will power up and off with the ignition key.

28HopUp
05-18-2015, 10:40 AM
For those of you who are not friends with me on FB, the caption read as follows -

"Ugh! The cashier didn't even ask - she just gave it to me. On the plus side,
I saved 42 cen... Wait! There is no plus side to this."

:( For the record, I am still (barely) in my 40s! :p

28HopUp
05-27-2015, 02:07 PM
Jack has finished up his Freshman year at the College of Charleston (SC), and is now taking a 3-week "Maymester" session for 3 credits. Since he now has >30 credits, he can get a parking permit, so he has his 89 Ranger down there. He called last night to say that the truck had died at CookOut. It was a bit more difficult for me to diagnose the issue since the truck is 610 miles away. He had left the lights on a couple of days ago, and needed a jump. I figured the battery was not able to recover, so he walked a short distance to AdvancedAuto, borrowed a wrench (his toolbox is MIA!), and successfully replaced his dead battery. It's nice to know the boy could get himself out of a jam.

The reason I bring this up is because the battery was dated December 2004. Yup, the thing was 11 years old! Absolutely amazing...

kapracing
05-29-2015, 12:16 PM
I love when things like this happens...
A young man stops in the shop today to get a quote on repairing the cowl on his 89 Mustang coupe. He had just picked it up from south GA and was having it tuned and was starting to get ready to make it more appealing to the eyes. After looking the damage over I grabbed the Vin # to start the estimate. The vin # Caught my attention so I looked it up in our Vin Project... There it was a 1989 FHP. I asked if he knew what it was and he replied that he was told it was a 4cly conversion car... When I showed him his car in the Vin Project and that it was a FHP he was super excited !!! He now plans to repaint her back in the black and tan and slowly restore it back... It is a good feeling to see a young person get so excited and hooked on our beloved SSP's...

Hopefully he'll be joining up soon...

28HopUp
05-29-2015, 12:19 PM
Very cool, Bobby! :cool:

kapracing
05-29-2015, 12:21 PM
I thought so too Bill !
p.s. The Vin is 1FABP40E6KF225763

28HopUp
05-29-2015, 01:01 PM
Thanks Bobby. Here is the car's existing page in our VIN Project -

http://www.specialservicemustang.net/VINlist/FHP/1989FHP225763/info225763.htm

kapracing
05-30-2015, 04:57 AM
Yes that's the page I showed him... You should have seen his face ... " Priceless" Lol

John Connor
05-30-2015, 11:53 AM
:cool: :2thumbs:

28HopUp
06-03-2015, 05:20 PM
For anyone who thinks that SSP parts are expensive -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1958-Roadster-Mercedes-300SL-OEM-Spare-Wheel-and-Tire-Great-Condition-/231572988065?hash=item35ead360a1&vxp=mtr

:eek:

28HopUp
06-22-2015, 10:52 AM
Can't save them all -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-lx-/141694988832?forcerrptr=true&hash=item20fdadf220&item=141694988832

Jonathon told me about this one prior to the close of the auction. It is a Delaware SSP (the cars were originally white that the DSP repainted different colors for unmarked traffic use). I spoke with the seller. The car has an open Delaware title without notation of it ever having a salvage title. According to the seller, there is rust in the rear floorboard, up in the passenger front toe area, and some rust starting in a shock tower. I never told the seller of its history.

MOstang
06-22-2015, 04:08 PM
Cool find!

28HopUp
06-22-2015, 04:30 PM
I know, Mike. If I had my 85s sold, I may have gotten this one. The AutoChecks for that batch of VINs do not indicate that many of them have survived. With DSP only ordering 9 or 10 SSPs for just that one year, there won't be another Delaware SSP turning up any time soon. Like I said, I cannot save 'em all.

kapracing
06-22-2015, 05:43 PM
:shrug: :banginghead: LOL ... I know the feeling Bill...

28HopUp
06-30-2015, 10:04 AM
Here's another one that I would love to save -

http://s864.photobucket.com/user/superbeemike/library/1989/1989%20NHP%20Mustang?sort=3&page=1

It is being offered on FB by a member (Mike in Nevada, but I forget his username). It is a project but it could be had for not alotta money.

IMO, this is the type of car to perform a full MCA restoration to "as-delivered" condition. A few of us have talked about it before, but it would be interesting to see a car restored to how an agency received the vehicle from Ford. The NHP 2-tone colors would look great without markings, and the car would be something very interesting at a show, even without the permanent markings, lights, and equipment. Someone should scoop this one up!

kapracing
06-30-2015, 02:35 PM
:popcorn1:

EXNODRAMANOTCH
06-30-2015, 05:49 PM
I thought the NHP painted the roofs silver, meaning they would be all blue as delivered from Ford.

Here's another one that I would love to save -

http://s864.photobucket.com/user/superbeemike/library/1989/1989%20NHP%20Mustang?sort=3&page=1

It is being offered on FB by a member (Mike in Nevada, but I forget his username). It is a project but it could be had for not alotta money.

IMO, this is the type of car to perform a full MCA restoration to "as-delivered" condition. A few of us have talked about it before, but it would be interesting to see a car restored to how an agency received the vehicle from Ford. The NHP 2-tone colors would look great without markings, and the car would be something very interesting at a show, even without the permanent markings, lights, and equipment. Someone should scoop this one up!

28HopUp
06-30-2015, 10:58 PM
You may be right. I started to wonder about that after I posted...

28HopUp
07-01-2015, 11:42 AM
Yes, it looks like Nevada painted all of their cars during the upfitting process (I thought it was just the first few years). So cross off Nevada HP as a possible candidate for an awesome "as-delivered" MCA restoration candidate. I'm just "thinking-off", but I wonder what other special paint agencies besides GSP, FHP (a bit common, IMO), and TxDPS would be good ones to consider? Perhaps Idaho? NCSHP?

dougphillips48
07-02-2015, 09:30 AM
In 1990 North Carolina ordered their Mustangs black with grey roofs from the factory. I believe that was the only year their marked cars were ordered that way. All others were solid black.

xxtrpr
08-03-2015, 09:18 AM
Just wondering if anybody on here has heard from David at M Squad i'm hearing rumors he might be having health issues again?

28HopUp
08-03-2015, 03:21 PM
I have not heard anything lately about David at M Squad. 'Hope all is well...

Bullitt1609
08-03-2015, 05:41 PM
Just wondering if anybody on here has heard from David at M Squad i'm hearing rumors he might be having health issues again?

I have not heard from Dave directly concerning his health, but another member informed me that he had spoken with Dave in late June and was informed he had been having health issues again. I last received a text from Dave on July 6th, stating he would give me a call, but I have not heard from him. I certainly wish him the best if that's the case.

MOstang
08-03-2015, 07:49 PM
It's not a rumor, as he was back in the hospital not too many weeks back....pneumonia, or something similarly concerning, if I am recalling his Facebook posting to friends correctly. It's really been one thing after another for several years now for him, with each being very serious.

28HopUp
08-04-2015, 10:52 AM
'Sorry to hear that...

xxtrpr
08-04-2015, 11:37 AM
Mike and Bill thank you for responses i hope he is well ...

28HopUp
08-18-2015, 12:07 PM
For some reason I thought this was funny...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/pablovaldivia/we-need-to-talk-about-cargo-shorts?utm_term=.jyGRKGAoJd#.xh2DJK1Xp

kapracing
08-21-2015, 10:12 AM
Cool pic from FB...

28HopUp
08-21-2015, 01:55 PM
That's pretty cool, Bobby! :thumbsup:

MOstang
08-21-2015, 09:15 PM
Indeed, is that Colorado State Patrol?

ImEvil1
08-21-2015, 10:17 PM
Indeed, is that Colorado State Patrol?

Oregon.

Thanks for posting that up, Bobby.

Andy
08-24-2015, 11:42 PM
I made this display board the other day
from scraps I had. The metal sign is the
inspection cover from a computer tower
i had scraped out.
The HIGHWAY PATROL was surplus
from the door decal project. The red and
black vinyl letters are from a garage sale
sign i made years ago and the patch was
something i had bought at a patch collectors
show in Phoenix years ago.
I salvage and re-use everything i can.
It may not be fancy buy it works for Me.
http://i57.tinypic.com/j65yqg.jpg

28HopUp
08-25-2015, 09:53 AM
Nice sign, Andy. :thumbsup:

To the unwashed (those who know nothing of these cars), you almost need to have a sign that tells them that the car has been restored to its in-service condition. So many people think they were sold looking like that. Of course, a quick conversation will set them straight, right? ;)