PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Quadrant issues

ImEvil1
06-06-2014, 09:56 AM
My stock quadrant failed (plastic teeth) and I ordered a replacement from Steeda (this is my low-mileage '85 driver). I had no problem disassembling and removing the stock plastic quadrant and pawl, but the new quadrant is causing me problems. This is supposed to be the easy part, but the new one isn't lining up with the posts; I'm off maybe 1/4. I've already tried prying down some on the post that held the pawl, but I can't get enough leverage in there to make much of a difference. I also tried chamfering the holes on the quadrant, but I didn't want to tear it up too much. I called Steeda and they guy suggested I drill it out more. Anyone else had this problem?

BTW Jim, I found the buildsheet under the drivers seat when I took it out for this job. :)

NoDrama43
06-06-2014, 10:33 PM
BTW Jim, I found the buildsheet under the drivers seat when I took it out for this job. :)

Well of course you did........you find them in everything....

ImEvil1
07-05-2014, 04:36 PM
Follow up...the pin was actually bent. I broke down and took it to a local shop, and they couldn't get it, either. While it definitely made me feel better, I still needed it fixed.

They ended up getting it while I was up in Ohio. It's not a job either one of us wants to mess with again.