PDA

View Full Version : FHP Troop H info needed

kapracing
07-13-2014, 01:07 PM
Does anyone have a contact inside Troop H?

Reason I am asking is I have been giving several pictures of a FHP that was loaned to the GSP for them to study the equipment layout. Although GSP did not copy FHP's layout entirely, it is still a cool piece of both agencies history. Unit # is clearly visible in two pics and would be cool to know vin (if possible). Will post up pics soon.

FHP0827
07-13-2014, 11:53 PM
That's awesome, can't wait to see them! Any of the interior?

MOstang
07-14-2014, 07:35 AM
That's very interesting you've learned this.

28HopUp
07-14-2014, 09:26 AM
Bobby, did you look through the VIN Project to see if the FHP unit number was listed already? The FHP information provided by NoDrama43 confirmed quite a few VINs as FHP Mustangs (including unit numbers). It's worth a shot if you haven't done so already.

kapracing
07-14-2014, 09:41 AM
That's awesome, can't wait to see them! Any of the interior?

That's very interesting you've learned this.

Bobby, did you look through the VIN Project to see if the FHP unit number was listed already? The FHP information provided by NoDrama43 confirmed quite a few VINs as FHP Mustangs with their unit numbers. It's worth a shot if you haven't done so already.

Bill,
I did skim through them but did not see any unit #'s ?
Maybe I'll look again when I get a chance...

Thought some of you might enjoy this find ;)
Unfortunately although the reason for sending the car to GSP was for studying the interior they had no interior pics :headscratch:
Oh well just glad they had some with tag visible :2thumbs:

kapracing
07-14-2014, 09:43 AM
Pic 1

kapracing
07-14-2014, 09:44 AM
Pic 2

kapracing
07-14-2014, 09:45 AM
Pic 3

kapracing
07-14-2014, 09:48 AM
Pic 4

With the "Notorious" Jimmy Crump :cool:

Jimmy is a huge Mustang fan having owned many in his life ( including a 67 GT500). He was not shy when it came to posing with a Mustang ;)

28HopUp
07-14-2014, 09:53 AM
Cool photos! :cool: To show my lack of knowledge on equipment, in pics 2 & 3, what are those things on the rear package shelf on the passenger side behind (towards the rear of) the upper seat cushion?

kapracing
07-14-2014, 10:21 AM
Cool photos! :cool: To show my lack of knowledge on equipment, in pics 2 & 3, what are those things on the rear package shelf on the passenger side behind (towards the rear of) the upper seat cushion?

Thanks,
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it appears to be ( and maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong here ) a hanger for paper work; equipment & hat etc ???

Anyone else wanna chime in on this one ?

nighthawk756
07-14-2014, 10:40 AM
To show my lack of knowledge on equipment, in pics 2 & 3, what are those things on the rear package shelf on the passenger side behind (towards the rear of) the upper seat cushion?

Looks to be the clips for an "over the seat" style equipment holder. Looks like you can actually see a red/orange flashlight traffic cone sticking up from the holder.

Great pics! Love it!

FHP0827
07-14-2014, 11:29 AM
Looks to be the clips for an "over the seat" style equipment holder. Looks like you can actually see a red/orange flashlight traffic cone sticking up from the holder.

Great pics! Love it!

I've seen that in several other pics and I always thought it was a campaign hat holder, but this car looks like an '87 which wayyyyy predates the switch to campaign hats, plus with the visible flashlight traffic wand it seems to confirm its a (front) seat organizer, put over the back seat. The Pro Guard seat organizers I've seen (plastic) use black metal "J" shaped straps that go over the seat, maybe the older ones used these chrome wire style, or maybe these were a different brand? As far as the interior, I see a old Decatur radar on the dash, I know I sent Mike and Jim a interior shot of a 87 or 88 with a Decatur in the same spot (same car?), maybe one of them could dig it up and post it............

ImEvil1
07-14-2014, 11:39 AM
Definitely an organizer, but I can't remember the brand. I had a similar one before I "upgraded" to the Pro-gard.

I will look through my old emails and see if I can find that interior pic.

FoxChassis
07-14-2014, 12:09 PM
I looked through all of the unit numbers that I know of and 0610 is not there.

http://foxchassis.com/vcldata/ssp/ssp.xlsx

You can sort the "Assignment" column by FHP only and then look at the sort list for for the "Notes" column (that is where I put the unit number).