PDA

View Full Version : Georgia falls to fifth ...

kapracing
08-29-2014, 10:16 AM
Georgia was always assumed to have been the fourth largest purchaser of SSP Mustang. After acquiring Jimmy Crump (GSP's retired Fleet Manager from that era) It has been revealed that Ga only ordered 309 SSP Mustangs (break down as follows);

1983 - 10
1988 - 100
1989 - 42
1990 - 55
1991 - 83
1992 - 19

Total 309

Looking as the usage chart on .org 's welcome page it shows
Nebraska State Patrol had 331... Sooooo

Nebraska State Patrol now moves to the fourth largest purchaser and Georgia back to fifth. There are a couple other unknowns that if they ever come to light could change that? Time will tell, but at least for now we cant set that record straight

28HopUp
08-29-2014, 10:57 AM
Being bumped into 5th position in no part takes away from the fact that the GSP Mustangs are one of the best looking police cars in their day.

ImEvil1
08-29-2014, 01:52 PM
I wouldn't take those Nebraska numbers as concrete....but yours sure are.

28HopUp
08-29-2014, 02:36 PM
Bobby, the GSP may end up ranking around 7th or so if we ever figure out how many cars were ordered by South Carolina and the GSA (DSO #83-xxxx) cars. Looking at the VIN Project, the number of SCHP cars may end up being higher than Nebraska...

kapracing
08-29-2014, 03:08 PM
Bobby, the GSP may end up ranking around 7th or so if we ever figure out how many cars were ordered by South Carolina and the GSA (DSO #83-xxxx) cars. Looking at the VIN Project, the number of SCHP cars may end up being higher than Nebraska...

I was wondering about those...It's very exciting finding lost/missing info and learning more about these cars. I try to correct any misinformation I run across, (especially in the older post) so future SSP'ers will not be mislead or confused...

I still plan on us doing a GSP Restoration page in the near future...:2thumbs:

28HopUp
08-29-2014, 03:38 PM
Bobby, please keep contacting me when you find information that needs to be updated. ;)

It will be impossible to quantify how many SSP Mustangs were ordered by the Government. But the South Carolina cars should be easier. We have identified most of the blocks of VINs, and a few well-chosen Marti Reports (selected by running AutoCheck reports) could lock in the high and low VINs to establish a range for each DSO number. All it takes is a little time and a little money (with roughly 20-30 reports needed to confirm the South Carolina VINs, at $15 per report it adds up quickly!).

kapracing
08-29-2014, 03:51 PM
All it takes is a little time and a little money (with roughly 20-30 reports needed to confirm the South Carolina VINs, at $15 per report it adds up quickly!).

Yea it does...

You ever thought about starting a Vin Project sticky with info and asking for people to donate to this more than deserving cause?
I bet you'd be surprised by the out come... $15 a person could run a good many needed reports...;)

MOstang
08-29-2014, 08:59 PM
I think a few requests for donations have gone out in the past, but agree an ongoing sticky is a good idea.

xxtrpr
08-30-2014, 10:01 AM
Yea it does...

You ever thought about starting a Vin Project sticky with info and asking for people to donate to this more than deserving cause?
I bet you'd be surprised by the out come... $15 a person could run a good many needed reports...;)

That would def help

28HopUp
08-31-2014, 10:29 AM
I think a few requests for donations have gone out in the past, but agree an ongoing sticky is a good idea.

We have had several members send in money for running Marti Reports (thank you, all!). There is a sticky in the Briefing Room (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3633), but we really have not been pushing for contributions. Maybe a subtle reminder (like this thread) is a good idea. ;)