PDA

View Full Version : Crescent City CHP Area Luncheon

John10608
11-06-2014, 01:46 PM
These aren't the best pictures, I'm not the best at taking pictures.
BUT thought you might like to see what one of the " GIANTS of the REDWOODS " might look like.

That tree trunk was as large around as my car is long. ( blurry picture sorry ) And that's not one of the largest ! It was probably pushing 200 feet tall almost.
They say there is enough lumber in a tree that size to build a 4 bedroom home with a garage and then some. Thousands of years old.

Yesterday the Crescent City CHP Office had a Retiree's Luncheon. I was invited and I took the mustang for display. Ended up with some ride alongs and some of the officers took it for a drive. It was a fun day.
A beautiful day for the northern California coastal area also !

It was a blast driving it on HWY 199 " the Canyon " Perfect road for this mustang ! I hooked up the GoPro and got some great video.

Sorry for the bad pictures guys.

mac88chp
11-06-2014, 03:07 PM
Looks like you had a great day John! Thanks for the post, this is the absolute best way to enjoy these cars, driving them on a beautiful route to an event where they can be shared with those who appreciate them the best. :cool:

I drove Hwy 199 in the Bullitt Mustang on our trip up to Bend back in July...fun stuff indeed. :yes: