PDA

View Full Version : NHP follow up pays off!

EXNODRAMANOTCH
11-09-2014, 03:53 PM
I met a retired Nevada Highway Patrol trooper (sgt.) and his wife in early September at a car show in western WI. I was showing my 93 NHP SSP and he introduced himself and said that he had been with the NHP from 94 to 04 and that when he left he got a light bar similar to the one on my SSP (Jetsonic). He said he was tired of moving it around and wanted to know if I was interested in it. His wife gave me her card and said they live in Rice Lake, WI, which is about 25 miles from my cabin. I said I'd call them & come look at it some time (which turned out to be last Thursday). When I got there I found that the light bar was a Jetstream (covered in about 1/2 of dust and had house paint splattered on it). It had a 2" crack in the red end of one dome, but it had about 6' of cable still wired to it. He said he did not know if it worked, but to make him an offer. He also said he had some other stuff in the house that I might be interested in. He offered me his summer uniform shirt, uniform pants, and nylon jacket (all with patches still in place, still on the hangers with dry cleaning tags from 2004). He also had 4 new Sgt. stripes and 2 NHP patches, along with a NHP bottle opener key chain, CVSA pin, and a brake checker keychain. He also had a mic that clips to your shoulder for a portable radio. I asked how much he wanted for everything and he said make an offer, so I opened my wallet and pulled out all the cash I had with me ($100), and he said that will work and he will contact me if he finds more NHP related stuff. I was very pleased and went back to my cabin and wired up the Jestream to a battery in my garage and found that all of the lights work, but 2 of the 5 rotators were not working (will have to take it apart and see if it's a blown motor or a gunked up mechanism). I left everything at the cabin when I came home last night, so no pictures for now. I won't be wearing the uniform (maybe the nylon jacket though), but I will display the uniform in the SSP at car shows (going to leave it in the dry cleaning bag too).

28HopUp
11-10-2014, 03:53 PM
Nice! The extra agency paraphernalia is sweet if you want to add these items to your display of the vehicle. I will echo your comment about not wearing the uniform of an agency (unless you work for that agency). I have a CHP ballcap that I kept in the car. I used it to cover one of the decklights, but I never wore the thing because I didn't want folks to think I was passing myself off as a LEO.

Be sure to post pics when you can. :)