PDA

View Full Version : 1992 FHP 1396 Pics

SPiRiT R/T
11-11-2014, 11:31 AM
Here are some pics of my SSP and some of the bits I have picked up for it since we bought the car last month.

86EXFHP
11-11-2014, 11:53 AM
Good looking car, I dont know if you plan on painting it up and all but becareful and think hard before you do. Im on the Patrol and they dont look at these cars to kindly, if you want to ever drive it and not have any issues I would not put the cream on it. The older guys appreciate it but with all the young new Troopers that have came on in the last two years trying to make a name for themselves,its just a recipe for disaster. Not a matter of if youll have an issue but when youll have one. Just dont want to see you have a problem.

SPiRiT R/T
11-11-2014, 12:01 PM
The cream is actually covered up with plasti-dip so I can drive it. I'm not in a hurry to get the car re-painted / marked. Once it does get new paint it will be fully marked at which time I'll have to come up with something to "cover it up" while mobilized.

BTW 86EXFHP, I picked up my light bar from Walt last night... I think he showed me pics of your car.

86EXFHP
11-11-2014, 12:20 PM
Walt is a good guy, I got my lightbar from him last year. I just got the correct steel rims and caps for mine this past week so lll be swapping those out this week. I wasnt trying to preach at you on the paint and markings,being on the patrol I get nervous even driving mine and thats why I hardly ever drive it, and thats with me having a State ID and badge on me at all times.

28HopUp
11-11-2014, 01:48 PM
The cream is actually covered up with plasti-dip so I can drive it.

That looks good. The nice thing about that stuff is you can easily remove it.

SPiRiT R/T
11-11-2014, 02:00 PM
Yes he is. He does very nice work as well.

I respect and understand where you’re coming from in regard to driving the Black & Tan paint scheme.

Walt is a good guy, I got my lightbar from him last year. I just got the correct steel rims and caps for mine this past week so lll be swapping those out this week. I wasnt trying to preach at you on the paint and markings,being on the patrol I get nervous even driving mine and thats why I hardly ever drive it, and thats with me having a State ID and badge on me at all times.

MOstang
11-11-2014, 08:51 PM
That's good feedback, which provides good verification and a "book end" around the earlier post and inquiry. It's unfortunate, but at least have some reliable input to consider.

SPiRiT R/T
11-11-2014, 11:53 PM
I totally respect the colors of the FHP. Being I've grown up in Florida all my life I can say I appreciate our Troopers. My appreciation of our Troopers is my inspiration behind purchasing FHP1396 and wanting to preserve this vehicle. I've never mentioned the fact my 17 year old Son has a strong desire to be a Florida Highway Patrol Trooper. I see his desire in his career choice and I support him with his decision. He comes from a strong background of car folk. He's not interested in his 1993 5.0 LX hatch in the driveway... He wants to make a difference on our highways. Guys & Gals, I'm in.

NoDrama43
11-12-2014, 07:57 PM
Im on the Patrol

what troop, part of the state do you work?

86EXFHP
11-12-2014, 10:52 PM
what troop, part of the state do you work?

Troop G North East Florida