PDA

View Full Version : SSP Foxbody Mustangs on Facebook

KazenNYC
01-15-2015, 12:55 PM
Hello!
Over a year ago I created a group on Facebook called SSP Foxbody Mustangs. I would like to extend an invitation for all of you to join the group. We are close to 200 members already. It has been a great source of information and a fun way to share info and pictures of our passion.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1379997308887596/

I asked Bill Held if it would be ok to post this on the forum as he has been very active on the group page collecting info for the VIN project. If I posted this in the wrong section please move it to where you feel it would be better suited.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to seeing all of you in the group!

28HopUp
01-15-2015, 02:32 PM
Lou asked before posting, and I really do not see the harm in promoting his FB page. Many members here are part of the group, too. :)

nighthawk756
01-16-2015, 02:32 AM
I'm there already! :D

xxtrpr
01-16-2015, 03:51 AM
I am also there as of yesterday.

Andy
01-16-2015, 01:06 PM
I have seen this happen with allot of the other car sites
A Facebook page is started and the people that were
regulars on the car site jump ship and spend all their time
on Facebook.
I can not get on Facebook because of my Browser
and internet connection and if i could i would still stay loyal
to the car sites that started it all.
I know allot a people are going to say up grade your connection
but i'm not doing that. I do not like the idea that i have to change
because technology forces it. Similar to hardware that you have is
now not compatible with the software you have
forcing a change $
Thanks Mike, Bill and all the people that
have contributed here over the years.
I will be here to turn out the lights.

28HopUp
01-16-2015, 02:43 PM
I hear ya, Andy. I am active on several online forums, and I have noticed in general that their levels of activity have dropped off (some more than others). .NET seems to be doing fine, despite the fact that our audience is relatively small. Generally speaking, SSP cars are attractive to only certain people, but that is likely to only increase as the cars age and their unique appeal broadens. We may also be able to pick up new members who are part of the FB group but have not found a forum. ;)

dcompson
01-18-2015, 01:20 AM
I'm on Facebook because it's convient. I'll remain active on both sites. Thanks bill for opening this up, it can only help expose us to a larger audience.

28HopUp
01-19-2015, 10:43 AM
I agree, Dave. The only downside I see would be the 'left-coasters" that join up here who call all SSP/nothcback Mustangs a "CHP" whether they worked for the agency or not. :rolleyes: :p

67gt500
01-27-2015, 03:15 PM
I joined the Facebook group a few days ago. it is convenient however I still enjoy visiting this site as it has a larger wealth of information. I am a member of a few other forums as well and they also have Facebook pages but the websites are still far superior.