PDA

View Full Version : 1986 Texas DPS SSP unverified

86NeSSP
09-11-2007, 01:50 PM
This car was up for sale a few years ago by a guy in San Antonio. It is still in San Antonio and again for sale. Not sure if it is the same guy but the car still looks the same as it did back then.

He has stated to me that the door tag had been painted over so there is no picture of it. Not sure about the buck tags and I have not yet gotten the VIN from him to see if it falls in the range for DPS.

This is from an email.

Sam Jones asesaleen@yahoo.com
$3000.00
"The car has the certified 140 speedometer, driver door tag painted over by previous owner and i will be in town on the August 25th send them soon thanks for your paintence"

Matt

scoutdrivinrebel
09-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Poor Car...:mad:

86NeSSP
09-11-2007, 07:59 PM
Poor Car...:mad:

I guess... The white 87 I sold about 6 mounths ago was poor when I got it. and this 86 is in way better shape.

ChrisL
09-11-2007, 11:35 PM
For all that are interested in the car, this one is Rough Rough Rough. The car has been hit hard in the passenger side 1/4 at one time, the whole back passenger side "sags" or slopes down. The whole 1/4, from taillight to door is full of bondo; the fender "flare" is even shaped wrong. The driver's side rear 1/4 has been sideswiped as well, and the wheel lip is full of bondo. The cowl is bent, the roof is bent from the hood flying up. The doors don't line up with the doorframes either. The bucktag is there, the gauges are not in the car anymore. The car has pieces of a gray interior, blue interior and a black '79 coupe interior and the original seats are gone. The console delete stuff is missing, but he says he has it. He had lost the keys at the time that I looked at the car, so he couldn't start it up for me. I drove down there with a truck and trailer and 3000 cash and came home with exactly that, a truck and trailer and 3000 cash. The car would only be worth buying for the speedo in my opinion, there isn't much else on the car that is useful. Just an FYI, not trying to slam the guy but the car needs a whole bunch of work.

ImEvil1
09-11-2007, 11:56 PM
Thanks for the heads-up, Chris (and Matt, too). Sounds like it can still be saved, but it would be a major project.

policemustang
09-12-2007, 02:43 AM
Mike...this is the one you and I discussed going and looking at over a year ago. After seeing these pictures, I am glad we didn't go!

It's probably an old DPS Mustang and a rare one at that - but not one I'd want to mess with.

Thanks for posting the pics, Matt.

86NeSSP
09-12-2007, 07:54 AM
WOW, that really sucks then. I know of one other and have some contact info but not sure the email address is still good. The car was on autotrader a while back as well and might be a better one to track. I will get on that.

Thanks for the info Chris.

Matt

ChrisL
09-12-2007, 10:22 AM
It is a shame, I was very excited to go pick it up and have a quick resto job. Luckily it was only about 70 miles away from me, or else I would have been a lot more upset. It's a shame to see them so beat up like that, I would venture to guess with how crooked the body is and how none of the panels line up that unless someone had pockets too deep for reason, the car wouldn't be worth restoring.

Matt, are you needing another DPS four-eye? Keep us posted and good luck! I always love seeing another '85/86.

86NeSSP
09-12-2007, 11:40 AM
It is a shame, I was very excited to go pick it up and have a quick resto job. Luckily it was only about 70 miles away from me, or else I would have been a lot more upset. It's a shame to see them so beat up like that, I would venture to guess with how crooked the body is and how none of the panels line up that unless someone had pockets too deep for reason, the car wouldn't be worth restoring.

Matt, are you needing another DPS four-eye? Keep us posted and good luck! I always love seeing another '85/86.

I love the 4 eye cars and also Texas DPS. No I really don't need another one but it's not going to stop me from researching and finding them if I can. Some one else can buy them and maybe down the road I can buy it after restoration when I have sold some or have more room. Right now with my workload on the cars I have already and the space issue no way. I have no time or space for anything else not even the ones I already have. Good thing my Wife likes to park in the drive way. Once I have the cars where they run they will all be home in the garage and driveway.

My goal is to move in the next 2 years to a place where I have garage detached from the house and in an area where I can also have more property than I do currently and be able to store more.

Matt

predator20
09-12-2007, 01:16 PM
I'm glad I waited on e-mailing him. Thanks for the info Matt and Chris.

ImEvil1
09-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Mike...this is the one you and I discussed going and looking at over a year ago. After seeing these pictures, I am glad we didn't go!

Ok..I remember now. :)