PDA

View Full Version : LEO LODD for 2007

NoDrama43
09-15-2007, 12:55 AM
I read this article and wanted to pass it on to others here. I responded to the latest south Florida shootings on another site but my post and this article was deleted. For those of you that are actually LEO and not posers and wannabes, (not a reference to anyone here) you can understand how the current trend in ambush tactics by rifle toting .......A S S H O L E S......and the increasing danger LEO face every day can tend bring out an emotional response when one of our brother or sister officers makes the ultimate sacrifice. Stay safe !

First Six Month's LODD Rate Highest in 30 Years

By MITCH STACY
Associated Press Writer

BRANDON, Florida --

The shooting death of a Florida sheriff's deputy early Wednesday added another grim statistic to a year whose first six months recorded more U.S. police officers killed on duty than any such period in almost 30 years.

"It's the most dangerous profession in America," said Craig W. Floyd, chairman of the Washington-based National Law Enforcement Memorial Fund, which tracks the numbers of officers killed on duty. "You never know when the odds are going catch up with you."

Hillsborough County sheriff's Sgt. Ron Harrison, 55, was fatally shot in his car shortly after leaving a drunken driving checkpoint he was manning in this community east of Tampa. He was the third Florida deputy to be shot in a 10-day span, and the second to be killed.

In the first six months of the year, 101 police officers died on duty in the United States - more than any such period since 1978, Floyd's group said. That included 39 who were shot - up from 27 during the same period last year - and 45 who died in traffic accidents.

Floyd, who learned of Harrison's slaying at a National Fraternal Order of Police conference in Louisville, Kentucky, on Wednesday morning, said he cannot remember three officers shot in the same state in separate incidents in such a short span.

Harrison's suspected shooter barricaded himself in a house nearby and was fatally shot later by officers with a police commando team.

The slaying came on the heels of two other shootings. On Friday, Broward County sheriff's Sgt. Chris Reyka, 51, was fatally shot by an unidentified attacker while he was looking for stolen vehicles behind a drug store.

On Aug. 6, off-duty Broward County deputy Maury Hernandez was shot in the head after pulling over a motorcyclist. The suspect was arrested moments later at a nearby condominium. Hernandez, 28, remains hospitalized in critical condition.

Floyd called this year's 44 percent increase in fatal police shootings across the country "alarming."

The reasons are not immediately clear, he said, but the numbers are edging up as the violent crime rate rises.

The 101 killed during the first six months of this year compares with 145 officers killed nationally in all of 2006, including nine in Florida. That includes 52 who were shot, 45 who died in traffic crashes, 15 struck by a vehicle and 14 who died from job-related illnesses.

One in 6,000 officers dies in the line of duty every year, Floyd said.

Florida Gov. Charlie Crist called the recent spate of shootings in his state "very sad."

"These people who work in law enforcement - as well as firefighters - these first responders put their lives on the line each and every day and it breaks my heart whenever any of them lose their lives," Crist said in Orlando on Wednesday.

"We can never thank them enough and my heart and prayers go out to the family."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ImEvil1
09-15-2007, 01:34 AM
Thoughts and prayers to those who have been lost and their families and friends. I had the opportunity to visit the National LEO Memorial in Washington, DC a few years ago, and I highly recommend a visit there to anyone who hasn't seen it. It's a great tribute to those who gave their lives in law-enforcement service to this country, and a constant reminder for us all.

http://www.nleomf.com/TheMemorial/memorial.htm

I happened to see the article you posted before it was deleted. I'm glad you posted it here, also. Sad to see that it was deleted for such a trivial issue (the word asshole), when the post could have easily been modified, or just left alone altogether.

Be safe out there all, and remember those who haven't been as fortunate as we have.

jarhed123
09-15-2007, 02:07 PM
I woundered why your post was deleted on the other sight. I never got to see it but am glad you posted here. I also believe "ASSHOLE" is not a harsh word; today there are worst words used on TV and radio where children are. I don't think there are any children on these forums and if they are then they want to be in Law Enforcement and need to learn the proper lingo so they will not be a Zero (0) out on the street. It is part of an officers vocabulary when refering to a bad guy or scumbag. Almost a technical term for us. Either way glad you posted!!

By the way, take a look at the scumbag's brother bookin photo. It looks like he fell hard at some point:D .

jarhed123
09-15-2007, 02:11 PM
The other people who are in custody are: His girlfriend (Baby Mama) of 8 years and of one child together (She is the one who gave us the wrong info originally), His brother & his sister-in-law, who drove him from Dade County to Broward and two friends. His mother, to our surprise, told us that if he did kill the cop he should be shot. He is also the half brother of the other Labeet who in 1972 killed 8 people and was sentenced to life in 1975. In 1983 he escaped from prison and high jacked an airplane to Cuba, where he is now. It always stays in the family.

jarhed123
09-15-2007, 04:31 PM
From the MiamiHerald

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/broward/story/238393.html

ImEvil1
09-15-2007, 05:31 PM
I woundered why your post was deleted on the other sight. I never got to see it but am glad you posted here. I also believe "ASSHOLE" is not a harsh word; today there are worst words used on TV and radio where children are. I don't think there are any children on these forums and if they are then they want to be in Law Enforcement and need to learn the proper lingo so they will not be a Zero (0) out on the street. It is part of an officers vocabulary when refering to a bad guy or scumbag. Almost a technical term for us. Either way glad you posted!!

By the way, take a look at the scumbag's brother bookin photo. It looks like he fell hard at some point:D .

There were 8 or so other posts (old ones) on that site containing the same word, so I think there was some "selective enforcement" involved. They have since been edited (some of them). :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting the updates, Marcos.

Andy
09-16-2007, 12:43 AM
Theirs no need to fearhttp://i12.tinypic.com/53gs7ww.jpg
POSER org. is here.

jarhed123
09-16-2007, 08:01 AM
Andy you had me rolling with laughter!!:2thumbs:

ImEvil1
09-16-2007, 12:02 PM
I also laughed, Andy, but let me make a few comments about what you posted.

Jim's "poser" comment, while made in frustration, was directed at someone (who doesn't post here) who claimed to be an LEO on another forum, as well as a few other people who have recently raised a few eyebrows with their decisions. I personally have very little patience for the type of person who feels the need to claim to be something that he isn't, so I can certainly understand where Jim is coming from. I don't think it was a shot at the website; just the aforementioned individuals (they know who they are).

This hobby (and these websites) are not exclusive places for those who work in law enforcement who want to restore these cars, or where those who are not LEO who own "police cars" are looked down upon. The profession and the cars are obviously forever intertwined, but you do not need to be a police officer, or even in a LEO-related profession, to be passionate about these cars or to participate in the hobby. There are many LEOs here and on the other site, and I think it's because some of them drove these cars in service, worked around them, or just are drawn to them because they are "car guys", like anyone else. We (this hobby) are getting more and more recognition lately, though, and I think it's our responsibility (each and every one of us, LEO or not) to represent the hobby appropriately. It ony takes the actions of a few to ruin it for the other 99%.

Policing is not rocket science, and just about anyone who wants to can do it. I've encouraged others, in the past, to apply and have at it, should they have the desire to do so. Neil G. is a perfect example...he decided it was something that he wanted to do, and he made it happen.

My .02.

Andy
09-16-2007, 12:34 PM
http://www.mikel.org/images/Movie_i_see_dead_people.jpg
I see......Poser's on the other side

NoDrama43
09-16-2007, 09:10 PM
I tend to get worked up when I read about other police officers being killed. For ten years I was a member of my departments honor guard and I attended many cop's funerals in that capacity. for years I was an instructor in the police academy, trying to teach new recruits about the dangers of the job. I am no longer in the honor guard, nor do I teach in the academy, now I am a supervisor of a squad of young inexperienced officers and yes I worry about their safety every day. I don't want to have to attend any of their funerals, or anyone elses for that matter. I know how easy it is to be complacent, or lazy, and get lax on the job, I know how quick things can go terribly wrong on the simpliest, or most routine of calls. Because of this experience maybe it effects me a little more than the guy that just pretends he is in police work. I am not really sure.

I took the time to post my thoughts on the other site and it was deleted because I used a word that is commonly used there, ( there is even a smiley with a banner with that word on it available for use there). My post was not directed at anyone on a web site, just at the cop-killers.

I believe that it was deleted simply because it was posted by me. I believe it was a personal shot, directed intentionally at me, and that is ok. Now I am the latest of a long line of core members at .org to say enough is enough and move on.

As for wanna be's and posers......here is my opinion. If you not a police officer don't put LEO in your internet profile to try and impress people. If you are not in the Fraternal Order of Police.....don't display an FOP emblem on your car to try and make others think you are affiliated with law enforcement. I have no problem with people collecting and owning retired police cars. I understand how enjoyable they are that is why I have the cars i do. My big issue is that I am offended by those that try to claim membership in Law Enforcement when they havn't paid their dues, done the job, and EARNED the right to be there. I know the members that are LEO understand why I feel this way. I hope that others can understand and not feel offended by my rant on this subject. It is not my intention to step on anyone's toes. I plan on participating here and hope that we can all enjoy the cars and each other.

oh and last but not least..... Andy you are a frigging riot bro !!! :)

ImEvil1
09-16-2007, 09:47 PM
Very well put.

jarhed123
09-16-2007, 10:45 PM
Great job explaining it. (Because I do some wiring at home does not mean I'm an electrician)

NoDrama43
09-16-2007, 11:15 PM
Great job explaining it. (Because I do some wiring at home does not mean I'm an electrician)

exactly.....and Marcos....glad your ok. I thought about you when I heard about it. Is the female deputy going to be able to return to duty?

jarhed123
09-16-2007, 11:49 PM
She was in surgery for about 5 hours. I hear they had to reconstruct her knee and that she will be able to walk after a lot of therapy. I don't know if she will return to uniform.

Andy
09-16-2007, 11:56 PM
Jim thanks! we are on the same page with this as with most everything in this hobby.
Admen Mike also...and..... i am sure others that i have not yet had the opportunity to talk
to and share information with on a one to one basis. via phone and PM....... I have always
thought of this site as the REAL DEAL ssp Mustang site based on you and Admin. Mikes
dedication and experience in this hobby. not as current LEO but as LEO/car guy/correct
resto or don't even try guy's! ...Jim...you have told me how the cow eats the cabbage and i
appreciate your honesty and candor!..... It's unfortunate that some in this hobby have the
Walter Mitty syndrome thing going on and not the Mustang guy (this is a piece of history)
that's why i restored it thing going on. REAL police that see my car at a car show see a
piece of history restored by a Mustang/ford guy and thank me! THANK ME! and I thank
them for the job they are doing .....I happen to know of someone who posted (on another
site) that their occupation was LEO and when they were called on it..... they immediately
went to their control panel and changed it!!! shame on you POSER did you think no one
would see it.... find it? I have ZERO respect for you.:(
http://www.dba-oracle.com/images/barney_fife.jpg

mustangretriever
09-17-2007, 10:49 AM
I guess I missed it. Who was pretending/misrepresenting they were a LEO? Someone on the other site?

DJP55
09-17-2007, 03:11 PM
I write this..not as a member or Moderator of any SSP Mustang Forum...but as an active SSP Hobbyist....:

I have been pretty active in the SSP Mustang hobby for several years now. Longer than some...not as long as many. At times I have become VERY frustrated at what occurs on the SSP Message Boards, with members and the hobby. I consider myself a pretty simple person, with simplistic views on life, very open to new ideas and opinions and generally out-going. I am no expert at SSP history. In fact..I'm no expert at many things. I enjoy what I have chosen for a career and strive to find the positive in people and everything I do. I love the SSP hobby, have met many fine people and will help who I can...when I can. I believe the comments I will make are on behalf of the majority of members and participants in this hobby. I talked with and e-mailed many before putting this together.

Members need to keep personal attacks...either directly or via innuendo to themselves...or at the least in PM.s...NOT posts on the Board. I am interested in SSP's and the hobby.....not those whom you choose to like or dislike...and why. Nor am I interested in e-mails or PM's about whom you like or dislike and why. I am big enough, and old enough to decide for myself....Thank You..! Degrading comments about people, their cars and the like have no place here. I take as much pride in my cars as the next person. I would never tell someone what they should wear. So why would anyone tell someone unsolicitated what is wrong with their SSP, how exact...or in-exact it may be...unless they asked directly. While I may not agree with it, if someone modify's an SSP...it is disappointing...but it is their choice...it is their car after all. Yes, we may suggest that they might want to join a Board that is more toward racing Mustang's...than restoring and preserving SSP's...but to attack them...way out of line.

Brutal attacks on peoples character in a Forum is unprofessional. Take the issue to a PM, an e-mail or phone call, etc...if you must to that individual if you believe they have done something ...but don't drag us all into your world... I have no interest in negative rumor, opinions and hearsay about those on this Board you dislike, things out of context, etc.

Those professing to be the 'experts', sources of definitive SSP information or know it all's...need not apply. It also seems those who are so nit-picky neither have a completely restored SSP nor show it if they do. Those looking for fellowship, help, information to give and share...come on in. Those who participate in ...or promote...or condone the negativity that goes on, the uppity attitudes, incessant rantings about what or whom you don't like...well...frankly you are turning off many, many of us. Myself included.

We are a small group. We collectively can do much for the hobby, our cars and gaining public acceptance and interest in them. In Birmingham we had about 22 SSP's..out of 1200 Mustangs...I'll give us a rounding to 2% of the Mustangs there. Bottom line...there ain't many of us..!!! So why do we want to alienate people. When we are at shows...lets give a positive image of SSP owners'....and our group. Whether you are a .NET or .ORG member...or both...YOU represent the hobby. Whether you are a member, a Moderator, a site Owner...YOU represent the hobby.

I belong to .ORG... .NET, Emergency Vehicle Owners and Operators..EVOOA, Mustang Club of America and Mustang Club of New England...and have met great people and made friends at all these venues. I am a PROUD member of each group. And have sponsored several of them.

It is time to STOP....before we self destruct our hobby...!!!

It is time to STOP..... before SSP owners look like idiots to the Mustang world...!!!

Its is time to STOP.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....because we are brewing a recipe for disaster.!!!

Both sides, both groups...and members.....just get on with having FUN..

Frankly..this is a wake up call to all members...it's about the CARS...the MUSTANG's..the SSP's..NOT about personal vendetta's, charater assasination or as such...

"LIFE IS AS SIMPLE OR AS DIFFICULT AS YOU WANT TO MAKE IT"

David J. Philipkoski

800-493-4330

hwneil
09-17-2007, 03:33 PM
AMEN !!!!! Well said David, I am here for the Hobby also, hell Oklahoma never had a 90 ssp BUT I Like mine that way and it is accepeted as such.....can't we just all get along?

Andy
09-17-2007, 03:56 PM
Well said but if i may add this.
It's also about honesty and integrity
You are a car salesman
I am retired
some on here are in Law Enforcement
and one person has pretended to be.
And i can't think of a more embarrassing thing
then being exposed as a poser....:o

jarhed123
09-17-2007, 04:06 PM
Arguments are usually started when a particular rule is ignored by some or enforced only on occasions. I think that if the host of a sight and their moderators would set the ground rules and stick to them we would not be having these problems.

Make a list of words that are unacceptable on your sight and start to alter or delete the word on the individual post. If the post just has too many of them then delete the entire post or lock the thread, if it is out of control. On the same token don't accept words that are altered with signs such as $ for s and so on because it defeats the purpose. The sights are different so the level of words that can be accepted can vary but let the members know where you stand. This way members do not post on both sights if it is not acceptable on one or the other.

I try to post the same on both sights, as I know there are people who, for one reason or another, do not cross boundaries and might miss out on what I have to say or am inquiring on. Individual members will have their own opinions as to what an acceptable word is and how it is used based on their life experience and upbringing. We are a diverse group here and we need strict guidelines so that this will not be a problem in future posts.

I personally will not bash someone for doing whatever they want to do to their car. That is why they paid for it just like I will not listen to anyone who imposes on me what I should do to it. If there is nothing good to say about a person’s car (DON'T POST). As time goes by you'll forget or will not care what happened to the car and the vehicle's owner will never know what you thought. This will cause peace and harmony at events that both of you attend.

This is only a suggestion.

DJP55
09-17-2007, 04:15 PM
ANDY

I made this post with the intent that the negative posts would cease...not to encourage more negativity. I added my number should anybody feel a need to call me and discuss directly...toll free..off line. Let's just end the negative posting....please...

JARHEAD123

Agreed.!!!!

Andy
09-17-2007, 04:32 PM
you didn't address the Poser issue
if you want this hobby to be presented in a positive
light the poser thing can NOT be ignored it makes
us ALL look Bad..........

Agreed?

DJP55
09-17-2007, 04:42 PM
I believe I did.................

"Brutal attacks on peoples character in a Forum is unprofessional. Take the issue to a PM, an e-mail or phone call, etc...if you must to that individual if you believe they have done something ...but don't drag us all into your world... I have no interest in negative rumor, opinions and hearsay about those on this Board you dislike, things out of context, etc."

...whether true or false...this is not the place/forum to discuss it. That is why my phone is listed in the post...or PM me !!!

Andy
09-17-2007, 04:58 PM
NO ......rumor
NO.......hearsay
not even gray....Black and White
as written in Black and White in the Bio section of Another
site listing the persons employment... and He wrote (LEO)
I seen it and so did others on here
again no rumor OR hearsay we seen it.
you..... need to have the last word so in the
interest of letting this go...have at it..... but please
in the future don't tell me it's raining while your
WELL...you know the rest!

predator20
09-17-2007, 05:13 PM
I'm locking this thread for now. Mike and Jim can put in their .02 if they want to and unlock it.

ImEvil1
09-17-2007, 06:57 PM
I write this..not as a member or Moderator of any SSP Mustang Forum...but as an active SSP Hobbyist....:
I have been pretty active in the SSP Mustang hobby for several years now. Longer than some...not as long as many. At times I have become VERY frustrated at what occurs on the SSP Message Boards, with members and the hobby. I consider myself a pretty simple person, with simplistic views on life, very open to new ideas and opinions and generally out-going. I am no expert at SSP history. In fact..I'm no expert at many things. I enjoy what I have chosen for a career and strive to find the positive in people and everything I do. I love the SSP hobby, have met many fine people and will help who I can...when I can. I believe the comments I will make are on behalf of the majority of members and participants in this hobby. I talked with and e-mailed many before putting this together.

Members need to keep personal attacks...either directly or via innuendo to themselves...or at the least in PM.s...NOT posts on the Board. I am interested in SSP's and the hobby.....not those whom you choose to like or dislike...and why. Nor am I interested in e-mails or PM's about whom you like or dislike and why. I am big enough, and old enough to decide for myself....Thank You..! Degrading comments about people, their cars and the like have no place here. I take as much pride in my cars as the next person. I would never tell someone what they should wear. So why would anyone tell someone unsolicitated what is wrong with their SSP, how exact...or in-exact it may be...unless they asked directly. While I may not agree with it, if someone modify's an SSP...it is disappointing...but it is their choice...it is their car after all. Yes, we may suggest that they might want to join a Board that is more toward racing Mustang's...than restoring and preserving SSP's...but to attack them...way out of line.

Brutal attacks on peoples character in a Forum is unprofessional. Take the issue to a PM, an e-mail or phone call, etc...if you must to that individual if you believe they have done something ...but don't drag us all into your world... I have no interest in negative rumor, opinions and hearsay about those on this Board you dislike, things out of context, etc.

Those professing to be the 'experts', sources of definitive SSP information or know it all's...need not apply. It also seems those who are so nit-picky neither have a completely restored SSP nor show it if they do. Those looking for fellowship, help, information to give and share...come on in. Those who participate in ...or promote...or condone the negativity that goes on, the uppity attitudes, incessant rantings about what or whom you don't like...well...frankly you are turning off many, many of us. Myself included.

We are a small group. We collectively can do much for the hobby, our cars and gaining public acceptance and interest in them. In Birmingham we had about 22 SSP's..out of 1200 Mustangs...I'll give us a rounding to 2% of the Mustangs there. Bottom line...there ain't many of us..!!! So why do we want to alienate people. When we are at shows...lets give a positive image of SSP owners'....and our group. Whether you are a .NET or .ORG member...or both...YOU represent the hobby. Whether you are a member, a Moderator, a site Owner...YOU represent the hobby.

I belong to .ORG... .NET, Emergency Vehicle Owners and Operators..EVOOA, Mustang Club of America and Mustang Club of New England...and have met great people and made friends at all these venues. I am a PROUD member of each group. And have sponsored several of them.

It is time to STOP....before we self destruct our hobby...!!!

It is time to STOP..... before SSP owners look like idiots to the Mustang world...!!!

Its is time to STOP.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....because we are brewing a recipe for disaster.!!!

Both sides, both groups...and members.....just get on with having FUN..

Frankly..this is a wake up call to all members...it's about the CARS...the MUSTANG's..the SSP's..NOT about personal vendetta's, charater assasination or as such...

"LIFE IS AS SIMPLE OR AS DIFFICULT AS YOU WANT TO MAKE IT"

David J. Philipkoski

800-493-4330

David,

I have always appreciated your participation in this hobby, and your attempts at fostering camaraderie amongst the members. I'm not sure where some of the shots in your post are coming from, but I'll participate briefly.

Mike R. deleted Jim's post. Had it been a post on something car related, Jim probably wouldn't have really cared. It wasn't. It was a post related to the DEATH of a law enforcement officer, and Jim used the word ASSHOLE to describe the suspect that was being sought. Jim, just like many other LEOs on these boards, took great offense that the post was deleted. Mike should have left the post alone, instead of letting a personal difference between himself and Jim bring him to deleting it. Plain and simple.

Also, there haven't been any "brutal" attacks on anyone here, or their "character". The webmaster at SSPMustang.org, Mike R., wrote that he was a LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER (LEO) in his profile, as his occupation, on the website http://www.foureyedpride.com/ (http://www.foureyedpride.com/). That statement is not conjecture, rumor, or an attempt to injure or "assassinate" anyone's character. I saw it (after someone emailed me about it), and so did many others here and elsewhere. If he didn't want anyone to see it, he shouldn't have posted it. When confronted about it, he promptly changed it, and said he was "just playing around". It's not something that anyone who is in LE work takes lightly, and Mike should know better. BTW...this occurred several months ago, so it isn't like any of this is recent info anyway.

We do not have these types of issues on .net, and I assure you that we will not tolerate them in the future, either.

I'm all for everyone getting along and playing nicely, also. It's always been about the cars.....

SparkSVT
09-17-2007, 07:26 PM
I wouldnt call him a car salesman. The guy OWNS his own Ford dealership.:)

DJP55
09-17-2007, 08:33 PM
Mike.....PM sent.............................................. .........................

ImEvil1
09-17-2007, 08:50 PM
PM returned.

FHP813
09-18-2007, 03:48 PM
I was able to see some of the procession on it's way to the Cemetery. Very sad. RIP.

http://cbs4.com/local/local_story_261111156.html

ImEvil1
09-18-2007, 10:54 PM
David,

I PM'd you last evening and attempted to address some of your concerns. I see that you've been on the site repeatedly today, and haven't bothered to return my PM. I didn't respond to several issues I had yesterday evening with your original post, but now I've had a little time to reflect, so I will.

First off...I don't completely understand your post...you have posted a message containing personal attacks (both on myself, other members of this website, and the SSP Mustang community in general) in an attempt to get others to not post public messages containing personal attacks??

Second...I have not, and I will not, provide you with a list of the erroneous information posted over on .ORG that needs to be corrected. Honestly...I tried to address those issues with Mike long ago, and he refused to make any changes. Why now, when myself and others have formed this website, would I take the time and effort to go back and list every single bit of misinformation so it can be corrected? Many of the changes are already incorporated here. I'm sorry if that upsets you, but that's how I feel, and it's not changing.

No one here professes to be an "expert" on Special Service Mustangs, but I can assure you that we strive to keep the misinformation to a minimum. Anyone who cares to can go pull up some of the past posts you made on .ORG and see that you tended to put info out there, just like some others, that just wasn't right. I've been wrong on things before, and I'll be wrong again, but at least I make an attempt to post up verified, documented information and not what I "think" or "remember" or "was told one time" by someone. Same goes for the majority of the members here.

Next...many here are in the process of restoring cars (some quicker than others). Not everyone has access to their own Ford dealership, parts department, service department, or the funds to buy completely restored $15K cars. Does that make you a better person than anyone else here because you have restored cars? Because you go to shows across the country? I'm sure that I speak for more than myself when I say that not everyone has the ability to travel around the country to attend car shows, be it budget-wise, due to family obligations, work schedules, or maybe just not wanting to attend those types of events.

The mission statement here is what it is for a reason....promoting the cars, preserving their heritage, restoring them, and fun for all. It is, by design, not a place for people who want to talk about modding, racing, or otherwise trashing the cars that we are here to preserve. People may have different definitions or opinions or directions that they want to take their cars in, and that's fine by me. No one is excluded from participating here because of that. However, I've put this thing together, with the help of others, to try and help those who want to restore their cars as correctly as possible. Aren't we trying to establish an actual MCA class for these cars? I remember early on, seeing FHP cars at shows I attended, where the owners put whatever equipment they wanted to inside and called it a "restored, to in-service condition" car. Maybe it was from a lack of information, or effort, but that's why this place exists.

If you, or anyone else, disagree with the way this forum is run, or what is posted here, I suggest you not visit it.

Let's remember how this whole thread started, also. We are not the ones selectively deleting posts based on personal bias or other issues.

Thanks for your time.

DJP55
09-19-2007, 05:09 AM
Mike:

First and formost..

I apologize to anyone I offended. I tried to be general in comments..with no specific names....although some specific issues were referred to. I am also not the best writer...and some things I wrote may have been viewed in a light not intended. I simply want a better hobby environment for all. There were no attacks...just things that need to be done to improve this community..IMO..and the opinions of many others. BTW, the same post was made on BOTH sites..and directed at members at BOTH sites.

Second...I STAND by my reputation..personally, in these forums and in my business. Those who know me and have met me know that reputation. I feel no need to defend it here to you. I never meant to imply I had more resources than someone else or was better than anyone.

Lastly...I posted an 800 number that anyone (you) could call me on from anywhere in the USA FREE...nobody from .NET did...... I saw no reason to respond to your PM. We simply have different views...and that is OK.

I will consider the matter closed and will not debate, post or PM you again. But you may still call 800-493-4330 anytime to speak with me...and I will take or return any call.

Warmest Regards,

David J. Philipkoski

ImEvil1
09-19-2007, 06:48 AM
Mike:

First and formost..

I apologize to anyone I offended. I tried to be general in comments..with no specific names....although some specific issues were referred to. I am also not the best writer...and some things I wrote may have been viewed in a light not intended. I simply want a better hobby environment for all. There were no attacks...just things that need to be done to improve this community..IMO..and the opinions of many others. BTW, the same post was made on BOTH sites..and directed at members at BOTH sites.

Second...I STAND by my reputation..personally, in these forums and in my business. Those who know me and have met me know that reputation. I feel no need to defend it here to you. I never meant to imply I had more resources than someone else or was better than anyone.

Lastly...I posted an 800 number that anyone (you) could call me on from anywhere in the USA FREE...nobody from .NET did...... I saw no reason to respond to your PM. We simply have different views...and that is OK.

I will consider the matter closed and will not debate, post or PM you again. But you may still call 800-493-4330 anytime to speak with me...and I will take or return any call.

Warmest Regards,

David J. Philipkoski

David,

Writing skills aside (I personally think yours are fine), I guess we can agree to disagree. I think we both would like a better environment for the hobby, in general, as would many others.

I'll apologize to YOU (generalities aside) if I offended you with a comment about one of your cars. I can be pretty blunt sometimes, but I can assure you that my intention wasn't to offend or upset you. I pretty much call it like I see it, and anyone who knows me well knows that.

No one here is asking you to defend your reputation, or even calling it into question. You DO have more resources than most in this hobby, and that is a fact. When you make comments about others not having restored cars, take shots at the website, etc. you do nothing but further divide us.

I responded to your PM. I'm not sure why you think I would call you (or should call you) if I couldn't get a response back from you. It's not the first time it's happened, and hopefully it will be the last.

Can we move forward now?

sspmustang
09-19-2007, 08:19 AM
My God - Does this ever end??? Your motivations, and the those of others, were to attack me, and let's not deny it.

I deleted Jim's post because I found it offensive. As a moderator, I have the right to do that. The word in question was used several times in the post, as well as other inappropriate content. Jim, if you had that much of an issue with it, then you could have contacted me instead of someone else about it, and I would have been happy to explain it; you chose not to. And after pointing out the other 7 or 8 times it was used throughout the forums, I deleted those posts; with over 40,000 of them, it's not easy to keep track of them all.

I find it ironic, Mike, that if the information presented on .org is so grossly inaccurate, that so much of it is present here, including format, content and photos. As for everything else posted in this thread, it's a clear reflection on the type of vituperative activity allowed here, and does not merit a response.

Delete my ID. I won't be back.

DJP55
09-19-2007, 10:29 AM
It was brought to my attention...

I sincerely apologise for highjacking this thread. It was started as a sad reminder of the people who give their lives to protect us.

I should not have made the post in this thread and would ask, if possible..that a Moderator move this part of the thread from my first post if possible. Again..to any law enforcement officer...my apology.

David J. Philipkoski

ImEvil1
09-19-2007, 10:31 AM
Mike,

If anyone here, including me, wanted to attack you, it would have been done as soon as we saw your "claim" to be LEO, and not several months after the fact. You have yet to address that issue, just as you've shown an inability to address the other issues on your website in the past. Here is a word you should familiarize yourself with:

Main Entry: in·teg·ri·ty http://www.m-w.com/images/audio.gif (javascript:popWin('/cgi-bin/audio.pl?integr13.wav=integrity'))
Pronunciation: in-'te-gr&-tE
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English integrite, from Middle French & Latin; Middle French integrité, from Latin integritat-, integritas, from integr-, integer entire
1 : firm adherence to a code of especially moral or artistic values : INCORRUPTIBILITY (http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/incorruptibility)
2 : an unimpaired condition : SOUNDNESS (http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/soundness)
3 : the quality or state of being complete or undivided : COMPLETENESS (http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/completeness)
synonym see HONESTY (http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/honesty)

Andy
09-19-2007, 12:15 PM
Nuff said.......DEFINITIVE to say the least.....Sure glad no one mentioned the fact that
Riley posted a link to a gay web site on his own site and thought it was ok! Just for general
information here when you call a 800 number the 800 subscriber will have your phone
number because they are paying for the call..even if you have your line blocked! ..I don't
think that is why no one has called you David.....I think they just don't want to call you.
(((Handy to call someone back in the middle of dinner to tell them about a limited time
offer or one time only offer or deal.)))

NoDrama43
09-19-2007, 12:17 PM
lets move on ?? :(

ImEvil1
09-19-2007, 12:43 PM
+1