PDA

View Full Version : 1985 NCHP

FordV8
02-24-2015, 03:15 PM
So my plans for my SSP have changed a bit. I was planning on pulling the engine and fixing the inner apron and frame rot this winter. Although at this point it seems like winter will never end I was hoping to be well into this process by now. But I am still weeks away from getting it into the garage. When I bought the car I was not sure if I was ever going to fully restore the car. But knew I would not change anything that could not be easily put back to original if needed. Today I am still not sure about fully restoring it. But I 100% want to drive it. So I am going to start working on it with the plan of putting it on the road this year. I don't want it to sit waiting on a full restoration or rip into it and it never be put back together. I am going to start with the under hood wiring once I get it in the garage. I will update with pictures once I get started.

FordV8
02-24-2015, 03:19 PM
Realized that maybe I should have posted this in the 1982-1986 section, if needed please feel free to move it. Ty

mac88chp
02-24-2015, 03:27 PM
You've got a good plan. Getting it on the road will keep your interest in the car up for sure. Then as you are enjoying it you can decide what you ultimately want to do with it.

28HopUp
02-24-2015, 04:27 PM
Sounds like a good plan. I know that I much prefer to have a running project than a pile of parts in the garage.

Realized that maybe I should have posted this in the 1982-1986 section, if needed please feel free to move it. Ty

This is the perfect place for this thread! ;)

FordV8
08-04-2016, 08:51 PM
Well I finally got it on the road. Still needs a full restoration, I did just enough to get it on the road. I am sure the original cats are shot so its not breathing really well. It certainly is the ugly ducking for now. It had been sitting for the last 10 years so still took some doing to get it on the road. Just going to keep plugging along doing what I can for now. Next is putting the power windows back in. I switched out the doors but the ones I put on have no power widows or locks.

dcompson
08-04-2016, 09:01 PM
Looks great! Keep up the work and don't give up.

28HopUp
08-05-2016, 03:06 PM
^ ^ ^ Well said ^ ^ ^

MOstang
08-05-2016, 06:58 PM
Very rare and cool! :cool:

FordV8
08-10-2016, 08:44 PM
To be honest I have been up and down about selling it. Even when I bought it I was unsure what I was going to do with it. But I didn't want to loose out on a four eyed SSP. So for now ill just keep moving along doing what I can. One thing I was sure of from the beginning was that there would be no modifications that could not easily be changed back. Things like exhaust, carb etc.

FordV8
06-18-2018, 09:33 PM
So a short time after my last post I was diagnosed with colorectal cancer. So the last year and half or so has been challenging to say the least. I was going to sell it several times but decided at the end of day to keep it. I did get a few things done. Even if it was only 15 minutes a week at the beginning it got me out of bed and thinking of something else for a few minutes. So here is the dash pad I replaced. First what was in the car, then a grey pad that was totally sun baked and even though you cant tell from the picks it has cracks around the face and edges. But a can of SEM paint and it looks way better than the red one that was in the car. The dash pad cost me nothing came in a parts car I had.

MOstang
06-19-2018, 08:23 PM
Sorry to hear about your medical situation...hopefully the SSP can be a good diversion.

mac88chp
06-19-2018, 09:22 PM
Sorry to hear about your medical situation...hopefully the SSP can be a good diversion.X2. Hang in there and keep plugging away!

FordV8
06-19-2018, 10:38 PM
Thanks guys. Things are better now. I will never be the same but I have learned to appreciate even the small things. I also put in a new heater core. The radiator that was in the car was incorrect and needed a new core. So I put a plastic tank cheapo one in it for now. While I look for a correct radiator. If the radiator was the correct one for the car I would of had it fixed.

ImEvil1
06-22-2018, 10:42 AM
Glad you're ok....please keep us posted.

28HopUp
06-23-2018, 02:49 PM
Wishing you well! Thanks for the update.

nighthawk756
06-25-2018, 12:07 PM
Great project! Excited to see the progress.

Glad you got your medical issues worked out!

dougphillips48
06-25-2018, 01:52 PM
Glad to hear you're doing better physically. Always love to see NC cars come back to life. Keep up the good work.

mustangpro
06-29-2018, 11:44 AM
Ah sweet!! Another 4 -eye NC car!! Bought some 85 NC SSP wheels from a guy here locally that has one too, it's a light grey. Do you know the in service history of your car by chance?

Glad to see you've recovered from your health challenge. Would love to see more pics of your car.

xxtrpr
07-01-2018, 07:01 AM
Glad to hear your doing well and able to keep the car . I was unsure whether to sell it or not when i sold and have had few since. Can't wait to watch the progress.

FordV8
11-04-2018, 09:16 PM
Thanks eveyone for the kind words and encouragement. I have just been slowly replacing, cleaning, and fixing things. I replaced the intake manifold gasket, heater hoses, and package tray. Fixed the drivers seat which had the typical lean and broken frame. I found a seat at a local pick and pull and switched out the seat cover. Put in an original radio and ashtray which worked out well since the wiring harness for the radio was intact under the dash. Cleaned and fixed up the interior the best I could. Lots of hours into it just to make it look like and old worn out car. Have another car that keeps me busy. But I still try and do a few things every once in a while to the SSP to keep it moving along.

28HopUp
11-05-2018, 08:53 AM
Nice! Thanks for the update.

FordV8
05-19-2019, 09:37 AM
I am going to be listing this car for sale in the next day or so. I am working on a deal for another 85 SSP. The seller has asked that I keep the details private for now. He was not looking to sell but has his own deal he is working on. So with the deal almost complete I am going to put the NCHP up for sale. If I had more space I would keep it. I don't like doing it but I am going to take the rims off and replace them with some 10 holes. I need them for the car I am buying.

MOstang
05-19-2019, 04:23 PM
Very rare and interesting SSP.

FordV8
05-23-2019, 08:44 PM
Car is sold. Thanks