PDA

View Full Version : Real Stories of the Highway Patrol

ImEvil1
09-21-2007, 09:58 PM
As many of you know, I've been storing the episodes of Real Stories with SSP Mustangs in them on my DVR (TiVO). 2Many50's FHP car is in an episode, but I have about 30 or so others with Mustang footage (I'd have to actually look and count them). I've been working on getting the video converted to DVD format, but haven't had much luck.

I use the Dazzle DVC-90 for the captures (about $50 @ Best Buy, if anyone wants to mess with one), but I don't know how to convert the captured product into a size suitable for burning onto a DVD. These files are HUGE. Anyone have any suggestions?

I would have posted this as a response to the thread started on .ORG, but you-know-who is on another one of his power trips and I can log in there, but am not allowed to post.

NoDrama43
09-21-2007, 11:24 PM
I would have posted this as a response to the thread started on .ORG, but you-know-who is on another one of his power trips and I can log in there, but am not allowed to post.

Mike,

After reading this I checked on my account also. Riley has done the same thing to me. Probably due to another night in the Schlitz bucket. :D

SparkSVT
09-21-2007, 11:52 PM
Wow...I would love to have that dvd!

ImEvil1
09-22-2007, 12:06 AM
Mike,

After reading this I checked on my account also. Riley has done the same thing to me. Probably due to another night in the Schlitz bucket. :D

Dude....I was drinking a soda when I read this and almost lost it all over my laptop.

:rollhappy:

ImEvil1
09-22-2007, 12:08 AM

Chris,

I offered to make one for everyone before....I still intend to, if I can figure out how. Time to do it has also been a problem recently, but I have the footage saved, as well as a back-up saved on an old hard-drive, so it isn't going anywhere.

Andy
09-22-2007, 12:52 AM

http://i19.tinypic.com/6evjwpi.jpg

ImEvil1
09-22-2007, 01:01 AM
Andy...you are killing me. :dancingevil:

Seriously, though....I talked with Jim about it a little while ago. People know where to find Jim or I if they need us, and it's just another explicit example of what I posted about yesterday (no further discussion necessary).

No big deal.

NoDrama43
09-22-2007, 09:59 AM

+1 here if it gets made...... be nice to have in the library section of the corral out back.

NoDrama43
09-22-2007, 10:01 AM

by the way....that is an EXCELLENT avatar you have there.

ImEvil1
09-24-2007, 12:40 AM
Anyone have any ideas on the software needed? I looked through some of what I have, and I've also got a ton of other vehicles saved from various agencies that used Mustangs back then. Some of the footage consists of interior shots showing what radios were used in the early 90s, emergency lighting/flash patterns, etc.

guerro
10-01-2007, 02:04 AM
just use iMovie and then iDVD. The easiest way would be to save it all off to digital camcorder from the tivo. Then you can import into iMovie effortlessly. After you edit everything just export to iDVD and set up the chapters, etc. and then burn the dvd's. Don't know if this helps at all. Good luck !

ImEvil1
10-02-2007, 11:08 PM
Thanks Richard...I'll take a look at that software. Does it only work with Macs?