PDA

View Full Version : Finally.....my divorce is final.

NoDrama43
12-06-2015, 08:32 AM
So after almost 38 years of marriage to my lovely wife I am retiring from work effective Feb 1. and making some changes in my life.

I am getting divorced.
Not from her though, cause I would starve to death......

In June of 2013 I took the 1986 Idaho car to my "ex" painter. It took him 2 years and 3 months to paint the car minus the bumper covers. I got the car back and he said he would paint the bumper covers right away. That was 3 months ago. He asked me to buy the paint and hardener 2 months ago as he was sanding on them. As of yesterday they still were not done so I retrieved them and the paint and brought them home. Evidently he used my hardener on something else. needless to say our "relationship" has concluded.

My new painter (currently painting my Jeep Comanche pickup truck) said he would make it all better. :) So far it appears as though I have found a good one this time. I know the work he is doing on the Jeep is excellent and he works on it every day between insurance jobs.

Time will tell.......

28HopUp
12-06-2015, 08:58 AM
Ha! Please post up the Jeep pics when it's done.

xxtrpr
12-06-2015, 10:54 AM
Glad to hear you found new 1 have been in that situation to many times...

dcompson
12-06-2015, 10:57 AM
Good luck, and I'm happy your not getting a real divorce. Those suck.

NoDrama43
12-06-2015, 01:45 PM
Good luck, and I'm happy your not getting a real divorce. Those suck.

Not going to happen here with her. with everything she has had to put up with being married to me for the past 37 years I would think if she was going to dump me she would have long ago...lol.

Seriously though I don't deserve her and am very lucky to have her.

Rhino
01-28-2016, 09:37 PM
Jim - you're only 1 day left before you get to hang up the hat and enjoy that BIG garage! An early CONGRATS to you!

I hope you enjoy every minute of your retirement and all the fun stuff ahead. :)

Andy
01-29-2016, 11:34 PM
Good for you Jim!
being a car guy you already have something to
occupy your day (the garage)
this is a great start to your retirement!
So....your are not going to get board and get a job
as a Wall-mart greater?
When i retired people would ask me all the time
So...what do you do to keep busy?
What!!!! are they kidding me! I have something to do
all day, every day with these cars! but now i can
come in and take a nap at 2:30 in the after noon if i want to.
and i can go to the store during the off hours
to avoid the crowds.
It's all Good!
Have a happy, healthy retirement Jim!
the fun has just started!:yes:

kapracing
01-30-2016, 02:22 PM
Congrats Jim!
We are looking forward to plenty of updates on your projects now:2thumbs:

NoDrama43
01-30-2016, 07:14 PM
finished my last day yesterday. So today I got up and watched the sun rise, put on my new hat and had a good day. Hope to repeat that everyday from now on....

mac88chp
01-30-2016, 07:48 PM
Perfect way to start your new life phase Jim! I quit working at the end of May 2013 and have never looked back. Everyday is a new adventure (or not!) of my choosing and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Congrats and hope to see you at a future Ripon show!