PDA

View Full Version : 1996 Mustang GT

svopaul
09-26-2007, 12:29 PM
While they didn't make SSP's in '96 this was used by a private security company for law enforcement so I figured I'd post it here in case anyone was interested....

I am putting my wife's GT up for sale....still her daily driver up until yesterday and mechanically perfect. The only detraction is that it needs paint as it has the Ford "quality" white paint from 1996 which is peeling. The car originally came with saddle interior and I changed the entire interior out to Black leather. 4.6 ,Automatic, fairly new tires and it has '03 Mach 1 springs on it, Sequential taillights, '03 Mustang factory H-pipe with cats(removed the restrictive 6 cat system) and flowmaster mufflers...other than that it is completely stock. It has been a dead reliable car since we've owned it. With the baby on the way it is not a practical car for her so I got her a more family friendly car. The car has interesting history as it used to be a Police Car for a private security company in Charlotte, NC....It was their show car for promotions while the rest of their fleet was Crown Victorias...I bought it from that company and removed all decals myself(I still have pictures of it lettered up). We have owned the car since January of '06. The transmission was rebuilt a couple of months before I bought the car. I also added 1" rear wheel spacers for appearance purposes...I never liked how the factory wheels look set in and I also installed a Mach 1 brake and dead pedal but never got around to getting the matching gas pedal.

Mileage is approximately 150K....it had 117 on it when I bought it and I swapped the entire dash from the donor car which had a higher mileage cluster so the mileage reads higher than it actually is. I own a Mustang restoration/performance shop and everyone who knows me know how I keep a car. I never painted the car due to time and the fact that my wife never stayed still long enough for me to get the car from her.

I have it priced cheap at $2800/OBO....NADA high value on the car is $6500 and low value is $4500. I don't have a lot invested in it and it's been reliable during my ownership so it doesn't owe me anything. Get in this car and drive to Canada if you like with the A/C on! You can reach me by email or at the shop at 205-629-3126

I've attached a picture of it today and here is a link to the thread where I posted a pic of what it looked like when I bought it: http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=246

svopaul
10-03-2007, 08:54 AM
The car has been sold!

calimustang
10-03-2007, 10:19 AM
Thats fairly quick! :thumbsup: