PDA

View Full Version : In Service... Kind A..

Andy
10-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Not at all..... not even in California. i AM NOT a big fan of pictures of SSP's in a park or
in a neighbor hood with houses seen in the background just as i am not a fan of models
sitting on the hood of an Exotic or any car for that matter. Our front page captures the IN
SERVICE spirit of what these cars were used for.So starting with this picture of 8397
let's see some.... Off the road and off the driveway and out of the park pictures! This is
Hw55 in Eagle Idaho. looking North.

http://i23.tinypic.com/b4aulc.jpg

bmt336
10-06-2007, 07:50 PM
very nice

jarhed123
10-06-2007, 08:11 PM
Here is a picture of my Floyd County GA, City of Rome PD SSP. Picture taken during a training exercise. Andy how many people slowed down for you when you parked the car for the picture?

FHP813
10-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Here is a picture of my Floyd County GA, City of Rome PD SSP. Picture taken during a training exercise. Andy how many people slowed down for you when you parked the car for the picture?

Keep rubbin' it in!:rolleyes:

Not at all..... not even in California. i AM NOT a big fan of pictures of SSP's in a park or
in a neighbor hood with houses seen in the background just as i am not a fan of models
sitting on the hood of an Exotic or any car for that matter. Our front page captures the IN
SERVICE spirit of what these cars were used for.So starting with this picture of 8397
let's see some.... Off the road and off the driveway and out of the park pictures! This is
Hw55 in Eagle Idaho. looking North.The car looks beautiful Andy!:2thumbs:

Andy
10-07-2007, 01:49 AM
Thanks Bret Bernie jarhed
I hate driving this car now..... I don't think anyone slowed....I think they drove faster?
I may just trailer it soon. I liked it better when it was a stealth driver. We had it out for a
photo shoot for our 2007 Christmas card and took some with the fall colors and a few Side of the road shots! Nice pict. jarhed:)
http://i20.tinypic.com/2crvbd4.jpg

Andy
10-12-2007, 11:38 AM
Does not anyone have a kind a ...sort a......looks in service picture of their car ..Not in a park....... off of the driveway picture to post?

86NeSSP
10-12-2007, 12:45 PM
Guess not... I know I don't. At least not yet but who knows.

Tony Sharp does for sure. Not sure He's on this site but then again He's not really online a whole lot these days I think.

Matt

ImEvil1
10-12-2007, 07:07 PM
Does not anyone have a kind a ...sort a......looks in service picture of their car ..Not in a park....... off of the driveway picture to post?

I'm working on a photo gallery of in-service-only cars, and it should help to put out a few more in the "in-service" spirit you are suggesting. :)

We should probably keep our personally-owned vehicles off of the roadways, though, unless we are participating in a sanctioned event. That way, no one will run into any issues with local LEOs and we can maintain the freedom we currently have with our cars to restore and enjoy.

My .02.

bmt336
10-12-2007, 07:32 PM
closest thing I have

bmt336
10-12-2007, 07:33 PM
oh yea, but dont have the car.....

svopaul
10-19-2007, 10:45 AM
I like the idea but would think you would have to be very careful for a marked car. I'll see if I can't stage some for my GSP but I will call the local Cheif first and let him know what I am up to. I drive it now with the lightbar uncovered locally as it is completely legal and it rarely goes out anyway but out of my town I put the out of service cover on it.

mac88chp
10-19-2007, 12:11 PM
How's this for an "in-service" look?

http://images29.fotki.com/v6/photos/4/438439/5419038/ripon07a-vi.jpg

This shot was taken of me just clearing an intersection code 3 during the parade at Ripon this year.

Yeah, I agree with Mike. Even though I'm guilty of sneaking in a few uncovered shots on the street, we should, except during sanctioned events, keep our marked cars covered up while on or around public roads. As was rightly pointed out, there are great liability issues both personally and potentially for the hobby as a whole if anything should "go sideways" during even a short photo session.

Andy
10-19-2007, 04:51 PM
I think their may be somewhat of a difference between a Marked California car on a
California street with red light on and Moving? This would really be a difficult one to
explain to Officer (non car guy) This makes US ALL look bad...like a empty donut box as
part of a police car show display!...Mike.. Try to get a picture of your car on or near a
Freeway or state highway. without the red light up and on ......remember...these cars were
highway driven! otherwise it's a nice picture!.. I would not want to have a Idaho car in
Idaho
just because of the Ya Hoo factor...Also..... Nothing on my car is connected and the
markings are always covered (when in motion) my off highway 55 picture taking was all of
two minutes as i un masked one side at a time for the pictures...i never turned the car off!!
I hope this Post continues in the spirit of ((staged in service picture post.))

ImEvil1
10-19-2007, 05:53 PM
Andy,

Since I know you, and we've talked about this before, I know how careful you are with your car and that you take this whole issue very seriously.

I think, however, that you should have posted the information above in your original post, so that others, who may not have ever spoken with you and do not know the precautions you take, would not get the wrong idea. Any marked car, on or next to a public highway or roadway, is getting into an area that could be trouble for us all.

It seems we've had alot of "impersonation"-type issues recently, and I've seen a few questionable pics posted, also (not on this site). That's why I responded with the comments that I did, and that's why I still maintain that we need to be careful. If we continue to set a good example, and hold ourselves to a higher standard, then things will continue to improve for us all.

Andy
10-19-2007, 06:23 PM
And if they can see the decals
you have to do some MO masking!
http://i23.tinypic.com/s16o77.gif

1992b4c
10-21-2007, 10:29 PM
Hey Andy, have you flown south for the winter yet?

NoDrama43
10-21-2007, 11:12 PM
oh yea, but dont have the car.....

soon my brotha...soon.

paint is going on next week......

:)