kapracing
11-21-2016, 07:27 PM
Auction starts tomorrow ...

TWOCARNUTS
11-21-2016, 09:20 PM
Which Copart has it? Location?

TWOCARNUTS
11-21-2016, 09:24 PM
I just found it....what would the "Biohazard/Chemical Secondary damage mean?

kapracing
11-21-2016, 09:31 PM
Which Copart has it? Location?

Sorry missed this... Not really sure could be anything from blood to cat crap... Lol
I really do not think it's much though...

But for the record CoPart Atlanta south

kapracing
11-22-2016, 11:47 AM
SOLD !!!! $1400
Is it anyone on here? I have a buddy that was suppose to be bidding, so it may have been him...

kapracing
11-22-2016, 12:35 PM
I just found out my friend was the winning bidder... He placed a $1750 high bid on it and won it at $1400... Will end up running a hair over 2k out the door but all in all a pretty good deal on a clear title complete GSP... Not to mention this car already has an "in service" pic and the Trooper was a well known and well liked Trooper so further info will be easily obtained in future...

modracer
11-22-2016, 12:44 PM
Thanks again for the heads up and help on this one. Guess my FHP car will get pushed off while I start on this one but that just gives me more time to round up parts.

Now if the cosigner will just release it I am ready to send transport after it.

kapracing
11-22-2016, 12:49 PM
Thanks again for the heads up and help on this one. Guess my FHP car will get pushed off while I start on this one but that just gives me more time to round up parts.

Now if the cosigner will just release it I am ready to send transport after it.

Glad you won her Adam! I can't wait to see you tear into this one. I've seen your attention to detail on the 69 Camaro, so this will be a walk in the park for you! Need any help or advice just ask... Keep us posted and start a build thread in members section :2thumbs:

kapracing
11-22-2016, 12:55 PM
"in service" pic

Lookingfor1
11-22-2016, 12:58 PM
Well I used a company to bid on the car and I had a little higher bid than that.

But they forgot to place my bid and gave me an excuse that it didn't go through all the way?? Lol

Never use. Autobidmaster.com

kapracing
11-22-2016, 01:19 PM
Well I used a company to bid on the car and I had a little higher bid than that.

But they forgot to place my bid and gave me an excuse that it didn't go through all the way?? Lol

Never use. Autobidmaster.com

Hopefully they did not charge you?

Lookingfor1
11-22-2016, 01:31 PM
Hopefully they did not charge you?

They charged me a deposit of 400.00 , the funny thing is the representative I talked to said well feel free to just bid on another car.

He said that he placed the 2300 bid to early? I guess during the preliminary... And said that it didn't fully go through.

The guy obviously just forgot to do it because I emailed them several times.

Because of the biohazard they had to have a representative manually bid for me.

Then he said it was to late to bid and I don't know how copart works but had I been able to bid myself it said right there on the screen place bid from 550 until it hit 1400

Lookingfor1
11-22-2016, 01:41 PM
But anyway if your buddy wanted to turn a quick profit let me know lol.

That car would have been cheaper , and more original than the Bob Daniels car I was looking at.

modracer
11-22-2016, 01:53 PM
I appreciate the offer and sorry you had issues with the broker but Bobby knows I have been hunting another Ga car for quite awhile so this one I'll have to hang on to. I have an 85 FHP car that I had picked up earlier this year but it will go on the back burner while we jump on the Georgia car time permitting as I have a 69 Indy 500 Pace Car on the jig in the shop now in a million pieces. Going to get it cleaned up and access it first and then get the mechanicals in shape before we do the paint and body on it.

From my understanding because this car had a clear title an individual could not bid on it rather than the bio hazard part. Bids had to be placed through a licensed auto dealer, parts dismantler or a broker.

I almost tried to make a deal on the one he had found at Moultrie but it was a bigger job then I wanted to tackle and just further then I cared to drive.

After these two cars are done I wouldn't mind finding a CHP to round out the trio but not even considering it right now.

Lookingfor1
11-22-2016, 02:00 PM
I completely understand. I was looking at an 88 but the cowl was damaged and it's been 5 lugged cowl hood seats changed.

And he wanted more than the 2300 I put as my top bid. And yes the company I used to bid obviously have me a good reason to take my first road trip to Oregon if they don't refund every penny I wasted for there piss poor bidding or lack of.

Congrats! On the purchase

kapracing
11-22-2016, 02:21 PM
If this hadn't been such a short notice on all of us, there is no telling what it might have brought at auction LOL... I personally believe this was a great deal. Sorry about your troubles Brent, but at least the car was saved... After all that's what it's all about...

Save of the year !!!

Lookingfor1
11-22-2016, 03:16 PM
If this hadn't been such a short notice on all of us, there is no telling what it might have brought at auction LOL... I personally believe this was a great deal. Sorry about your troubles Brent, but at least the car was saved... After all that's what it's all about...

Save of the year !!!

I know, I thought it would bring a bit more. Man it's exciting to find them in that condition though. I still love the 1993 fhp I have and have been ordering stuff for it.

But yes at least somebody got it with good intentions.

I'm still new to the SSP so everyone I see that's relatively cheap I feel like I gotta have it lol. When in all reality I need to finish the 1993 fhp I had just bought last month.

Bobby sometime after the holiday if I can get the car up there I'd love to see where I'm at bodywork and paint price wise.

If you have some time next week I'll throw it on trailer and ride up that way. Thanks

modracer
11-22-2016, 03:30 PM
I know, I thought it would bring a bit more. Man it's exciting to find them in that condition though. I still love the 1993 fhp I have and have been ordering stuff for it.

But yes at least somebody got it with good intentions.

I'm still new to the SSP so everyone I see that's relatively cheap I feel like I gotta have it lol. When in all reality I need to finish the 1993 fhp I had just bought last month.

Agreed, what they did to my 85 FHP car prior to me saving it is just hideous. late model nose, hood and quarter windows and then painted the whole car bright yellow. Since it is one of only 66 in 85 it is worth saving and right now just picking up a part here and there as I find them.

I'm like Bobby though in that it pains me to see that car at Moultrie in the shape it was. Still savable or a good restomod at a cost though.

kapracing
11-22-2016, 10:01 PM
Bobby sometime after the holiday if I can get the car up there I'd love to see where I'm at bodywork and paint price wise.

If you have some time next week I'll throw it on trailer and ride up that way. Thanks

You bet!

modracer
11-28-2016, 05:25 PM
I just found it....what would the "Biohazard/Chemical Secondary damage mean?

The bio hazard turned out to be mold from being in storage. Not a big deal, just needs a thorough cleaning.

kapracing
11-28-2016, 09:39 PM
I'm not going to spoil it for now Adam... But this was an incredible find! More in the weeks to come:cool:

TruperTim
12-16-2016, 11:58 PM
What a STEAL.... I am KICKING myself for missing this one. I very much want a GSP... Bobby, please keep these notifications coming!!! (Hopefully I will see it in time next time!) Love these GSP cars!

kapracing
12-17-2016, 08:43 PM
This one was never in public hands... It was donated to CoPart for a charity by the Police Department that purchased it for GSP...

modracer
12-24-2016, 03:08 PM
Here is a pic of the buck tags.

modracer
12-24-2016, 03:11 PM
DSO tag.

modracer
12-24-2016, 03:14 PM
Door sticker.

modracer
12-24-2016, 03:18 PM
Trunk area.

modracer
12-24-2016, 03:20 PM
After a little cleaning and spray bomb paint to seal some of the bare spots for now.

modracer
12-24-2016, 03:30 PM
Parts are here to get it running so it goes in the shop next week to replace the entire fuel tank, pump, sending unit and filter. Also have a new starter and cables and moving the battery back to the front. Once it runs on its own [without starting fluid] then we'll change the oil and filter and assess the mechanics of the car.

From some of the stuff found inside the car and in looking at it the rear suspension has all new bushings, shocks and quad shocks. The rear end has been into and the trans looks to have been modified with some parts and a shift kit.

This car has 2 passenger seats in it so guessing at some point the drivers seat broke and GSP swapped out a seat from a wrecked one they had. I think I have a complete interior located that came out of a coupe that had 90k original miles that a friend of mine pulled to put black in that car. Waiting until they can get it dug out so see what shape it is still in as it has been in storage for years.

FoxChassis
12-27-2016, 10:49 AM
If you're interested in decoding the buck tag I have made a decoder for this site. See the link in my signature.

modracer
12-27-2016, 06:59 PM
thanks, this is what it decoded as.

1FACP40E4MF176490

1532 = body & paint rotations #1532
LX2 = Mustang LX 2-dr coupe
LX = LX model/trim level
ET = SEFI H.O. 5.0L engine (E), AOD transmission (T)
176490 = 76,490th 1991 Ford scheduled for production at Dearborn Assembly
AC = manual air conditioner
HB = heated backlite (rear defrost)
SK
FB = cloth seating, low-back front buckets (F), Crystal Blue interior trim color (B)
MF = 1991 model year (M), Dearborn Assembly (F)
0605 = June 5th scheduled build date
210259 = Atlanta district sales office (21), 1991 special order #0259
176490 = 76,490th 1991 Ford scheduled for production at Dearborn Assembly
50 = 5.0L engine

modracer
02-16-2017, 12:38 AM
Some service and repair work along with a tire and wheel change and we have it running and moving under its own power now.

modracer
02-16-2017, 12:45 AM
Once on the lift we were very surprised at what we found. Somebody had pulled nearly everything except the engine, replaced all the bushings, shocks, painted the whole bottom side of the car and put it all back together. New steering rack, rebuilt and modified transmission, all new brakes, brake hoses, etc, etc. We put a brand new fuel tank, pump and sender in it and moved the battery back up front under the hood. It did have frame connectors and a magnaflow cat back exhaust that had been added at some point as well.

calimustang
02-17-2017, 08:27 PM
Wow! Nice catch! Keep up the amazing progress on the GA SSP. :)

Please do show us the interior... I'm merely curious.