PDA

View Full Version : Looking for opinions

SSPOBSESSED
04-20-2018, 09:44 PM
I have this 89' that has no documented history so I was thinking of bringing it back to factory color and interior and wheels, but give it some tastefull bolt on mods and drive the shit out of it..

I dont have any background to restore it to.

What would you do?

SSPOBSESSED
04-22-2018, 01:05 AM
Wow! It's really sad to see what a ghost town this place has become.

You might as well close the doors if you only get one customer a week..

chp1982
04-22-2018, 06:17 PM
Pretty lively over on the .net Facebook page but many still coming here as well.

Of course the site is about preserving these cars but ultimately your car, your choice. Bolt ons can be unbolted if you decide to go the stock route one day. I, personally think adding the original green stripe to your car would be ugly but cool along with bolt ons that don't alter too much the original look the car had. Pulleys, headers, maf, exhaust, etc.

NoDrama43
04-22-2018, 09:15 PM

Naw.....the doors will be open here a long time. As for modding your ssp that is your choice, but like Jon wrote that isn’t what we are about here.

28HopUp
04-23-2018, 11:19 AM
Bolt-ons are fine in my opinion on a SSP from a larger agency. There are typically many examples of restored SSPs in those instances that the "loss" of a restored stocker will not be an issue to those in the hobby. I assume that you were unable to confirm your car's service history as a SO car? It's your money to spend, but since you asked for opinions I would restore it as close to stock as you can and enjoy it for as many miles as possible.

SSPOBSESSED
04-25-2018, 12:46 AM
Right on!

I'm on board with the bringing them back to in service condition but like chp1982 said

It's an ugly undesirable car.

I still love it for it's history as a service vehicle and it has all of the sheriffs office evidence but I don't have anything concrete to prove it.

I was just asking what y'all thought because it's tough for me to decide what to do

I have it down to the bare body. There is nothing else you could take off except the suspension. I'm gonna fix all the previous race bullshit and get it back to stock

Maybe by then I'll have a better idea

Thanks for the input!
Much appreciated

28HopUp
04-25-2018, 10:19 AM
You're welcome. You should create a thread in the Members' SSPs section (with photos) to chronicle the car's progress.

chp1982
04-25-2018, 06:37 PM
Right on!

I'm on board with the bringing them back to in service condition but like chp1982 said

It's an ugly undesirable car.

Ah, but I like ugly...cars.

TR1
04-25-2018, 08:22 PM

Lots of people are on here. I like that the forum is not cluttered with useless fighting or similar like other forums. Things may not get posted everyday and that's ok....