PDA

View Full Version : 1988 FHP $2250

predator20
10-24-2007, 12:28 AM
I need to start checking the craigslist more often. http://orlando.craigslist.org/car/455801497.html

Selling a 1988 Ex-Florida Highway Patrol SSP Police Interceptor 5.0 Mustang coupe 5-speed. I have owned the car since 1991 when it was fresh out of service from FHP with 78k on it. Today it has 243k on it and still runs and is drivable. It has been in the garage though for the past year due in part to it starting to have an issue where it grinds going into gear when you release the clutch petal from a dead stop (I've been told the clutch is probably on it's way out). It was going to be my project car but I just don't have the time or resources at the moment to take this on, so it's time for it to go to someone who does.

Vehicle is all original and stock with the exception of the following upgrades and recent new parts:
- Flomaster "American Thunder" exaust system
- Underdrive pulley kit
- Split Fire plugs & 8mm twin core wires
- Goodyear blue Hi-Miler hoses
- 135 AMP Lestek alternator (recently rebuilt)
- Fuel pump & sending unit (recently replaced)
- Heater core has been replaced
- New battery (1 month old)
- Has new full size spare tire in trunk (original 10 hole aluminum rims)
- JVC CD player & 50W booster
- Interior is clean with no rips in the seat (very rare for a 19 year old car)

Things that need attention with the car:
- Again, grinds going into gear and will probably need a new clutch sometime in the near future
- A/C does not work and has not for years (it is complete but probably will need new compressor and seals)
- Front winshield needs re-sealing as it drips water when it rains (another reason it has been in the garage)
- Needs Rear struts
- Has a couple of oil leaks around the oil pan and rear main seal (I usually go thorough about 1-1.5 quarts between oil changes)
- Vehicle has never been wrecked but has some minor dents on hood and around the cowl area where the hood flew back once while driving due to not being latched down all the way
- Paint is faded and has some minor flaking around roof

This was my daily driver to work and actually got decent gas milage (around 20-25 MPG on average). I hate to part with it after 16 years but it needs someone who will make it the car it can be. I am listing it here first before I put it on E-bay where they sell like hot cakes in hopes of finding it a local home. Vehicle is being sold AS IS. For any questions or interest, you can E-mail me or call . Thanks for looking.

1992b4c
10-24-2007, 01:23 AM
Man, pretty clean for that mileage. Someone better snag it up.

ImEvil1
10-24-2007, 08:39 PM
He raised the price?

predator20
10-24-2007, 08:52 PM
He raised the price?

Yep, I guess he wants to get what he paid for it at the auction.
What I don't get... the ad was a few days old when I saw it and he just now decided to change it.

ImEvil1
10-24-2007, 09:09 PM
Needs to just list it on eBay. Craigslist really isn't an auction site. I agree...looks pretty clean, though.

FHP813
10-24-2007, 09:24 PM
I like it! especially the tan interior. AND STILL HAS THE VENTSHADES!!!!

predator20
10-29-2007, 03:26 PM
He now has a offer of $4350.

FHP813
10-29-2007, 03:35 PM
If he has an offer of $4350 why doesn't he sell ? Sounds fishy.:fishing:

predator20
10-29-2007, 03:38 PM
I don't understand it either. If he wants it to go to the highest bidder, he needs to put it on ebay.

FHP0665
11-01-2007, 12:18 PM
Guess I'll go ahead and come clean... It is my SSP.

Long story short. After listing it and then finding out the true popularity with these vehicles, I have once again fell in love with my baby. Being with it this long, it almost felt like I was going to loose a member of the family which I stated to each person that called on it (I know kapracing can at least verify that... hope you enjoyed the pics ;) ).

Of all the people that responded to the add, there was one that has been looking for a SSP for the last 5 years that actually talked me out of selling it. After several conversations, he could see the attachment I still had for the car and told me I would end up regreting it for the rest of my life if I did sell it. Though I did receive a generous offer of $4k for the car, I decided that wasn't enough at the moment to seperate me from the history I've had with it.

Now that the sentimental crap is out of the way, I think most of you know my car by now. My listing was pretty straight forward about it and though it has a few flaws, I don't think there are many better "original" one's out there especially with a clean, non-molested interior as this one has. Look forward to trading "secrets" and getting to know all of you here.

86NeSSP
11-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Guess I'll go ahead and come clean... It is my SSP.

Long story short. After listing it and then finding out the true popularity with these vehicles, I have once again fell in love with my baby. Being with it this long, it almost felt like I was going to loose a member of the family which I stated to each person that called on it (I know kapracing can at least verify that... hope you enjoyed the pics ;) ).

Of all the people that responded to the add, there was one that has been looking for a SSP for the last 5 years that actually talked me out of selling it. After several conversations, he could see the attachment I still had for the car and told me I would end up regreting it for the rest of my life if I did sell it. Though I did receive a generous offer of $4k for the car, I decided that wasn't enough at the moment to seperate me from the history I've had with it.

Now that the sentimental crap is out of the way, I think most of you know my car by now. My listing was pretty straight forward about it and though it has a few flaws, I don't think there are many better "original" one's out there especially with a clean, non-molested interior as this one has. Look forward to trading "secrets" and getting to know all of you here.

I for one am glad that you have reconsidered selling and are now keeping it. Post up some pictures after creating a new post in the 87-93 section... that way we can fully close this AD for now.

Matt

ImEvil1
11-01-2007, 12:51 PM
+1. That's what it's all about. There are alot of guys here with good info to share and are ready to help. Glad you decided to keep it. :thumbsup:

FHP0665
11-01-2007, 03:57 PM
I've loved muscle cars since I was a kid... I still concider myself one :D . I always wanted to do a ground up restore project and thought this would be the one for years, but like everything else that gets put on the back shelf in life due to time, money, family... I just lost sight of it. Glad it wasn't to far out of sight.

Get those pics up when I can.

jarhed123
11-01-2007, 04:07 PM
I'm glad you kept the car. I looked for years and two wives later to find mine. I am proud to say it is 90% restored. If you need a little motivation in restoring yours, take a look at my photobucket link below. Good luck with it and post some pictures.