PDA

View Full Version : WTB / Complete Motorola Micor System

SSPGARY
11-13-2006, 09:29 AM
I'm on the hunt for a comlete Motorola Micor system for my 1991 Santa Clara SSP. Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Gary

CHPMustang
11-13-2006, 12:08 PM
Howdy there Gary,I see Micor gear on ebay all the time was there a particular model you're seeking?

The shipping on the drawer alone is gonna be fat as it's built like an Abrams tank,I don't miss pulling those out for service ;)

SSPGARY
11-13-2006, 01:08 PM
No idea what type I'm seeking as I'm very new to this SSP thing. I think just a period correct system for my 1991 Santa Clara unmarked SSP would be fine. I was told that it had a Motorola Micor system in it so that is what I'm going for. I want the car restored with original equipment for show purposes.
Thanks

Hoosier_Trooper_SSP
11-13-2006, 01:44 PM
Gary, sorry I havent gotten back w/ you about a radio. I dont have a complete MICOR systen, but do have a SYNTOR set-up you can have for shipping if youre still interested.

SSPGARY
11-13-2006, 09:23 PM
Hi Ron, could you please send me a pic of what this system looks like.
Thanks
Gary

Hoosier_Trooper_SSP
11-14-2006, 02:05 PM
Here ya go. Hope this works. The pics doesnt show a speaker but one is included. The unit needs some cleaning as it's been sitting for awhile before I got it.

ImEvil1
11-14-2006, 03:33 PM
Ron,

The head unit for that looks like a syntor. Does it say Micor on it? Either way, sure can't beat the price (and I bet it'll be under $30.00 for the shipping).

Hoosier_Trooper_SSP
11-15-2006, 03:26 PM
Its a SYNTOR. I wish I had a MICOR. Thats what I need for my car.

SSPGARY
11-15-2006, 06:20 PM
Found a Micor! Thanks for the offer Ron.

ImEvil1
11-15-2006, 11:33 PM
Its a SYNTOR. I wish I had a MICOR. Thats what I need for my car.

What kind of Micor are you looking for?

Hoosier_Trooper_SSP
11-16-2006, 08:43 AM
What kind of Micor are you looking for?

The top is the ISP Converta-com (I have a Converta-com now, but it doesnt have the toggle & switch for ILEEN & disable)

I need the base/trunk unit and the radio head that looks like the one at the lower arrow:

ImEvil1
11-16-2006, 09:31 AM
Interesting pic....the bottom Micor is the same style (one of the two styles I've seen) as what FHP ran. I have a bunch of extra Micor heads, so I'll take a look and see if I have another one like that (I already have one for one of my FHP cars, but I'll see if I don't have another).

Hoosier_Trooper_SSP
11-16-2006, 08:28 PM
Interesting pic....the bottom Micor is the same style (one of the two styles I've seen) as what FHP ran. I have a bunch of extra Micor heads, so I'll take a look and see if I have another one like that (I already have one for one of my FHP cars, but I'll see if I don't have another).

I have one of the "two-tier" units in white like what was in one of the FHP cars at B-ham. But its not right for what I need. BTW: that pic is from an ISP Caprice, not an SSP. The SSPs had their MICORs in the mysterious over head console. That is just a better shot of it than what I have of the SSP.

ImEvil1
11-16-2006, 09:07 PM
Yep.... One is a 4 channel, scan model (the two tier), and the other is above. :)