PDA

View Full Version : Ford Factory Equalizer

policemustang
12-10-2006, 10:29 AM
Anyone have a Ford factory equalizer they want to part with? I have the nice Premium Sound system in my '92 convertible but I'd like to ad the Ford factory equalizer to it. They made them for the Premium Sounds systems from 87-93.
Also, didn't Ford offer a factory CD player in the Mustang in 1992-93?

FlyinTiger
12-10-2006, 12:02 PM
Ford offered the CD player only in '93. It wasn't that popular, yet, so they are pretty hard to find. Make sure you test it, before you buy because they are notorius for eating CD's. The one in my feature car has trouble reading the CD and then once it starts skipping, it won't give the CD back. Be prepared to pay in the $300+ range for a good work one.

ImEvil1
12-10-2006, 12:26 PM
The CD players from many other cars can be used, also. The only differences are that the last preset was a clock on the Mustang version, the Mustang ones have the bracket attachment for holding the lower tray, and sometimes the illumination varied between model years. I bought one from a Probe on Ebay awhile back, attached the bracket from a broken radio I had (just drilled the rivets and harvested the bracket), and had a complete setup for around $75. You can still find them on Ebay, also.

Roman,

I have since found the proper F3 PN CD Player, which I sent off to a company in FL that refurbs them. If your car has premium audio, and I can find my other CD player in storage, you are welcome to it.

ImEvil1
12-10-2006, 12:31 PM
Here's one with the clock button, also. Ends in 4 hours (sitting at $36).

http://cgi.ebay.com/FORD-FACTORY-AM-FM-SINGLE-CD-DISC-PLAYER-RECEIVER-MINT_W0QQitemZ330058711551QQihZ014QQcategoryZ48612 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330058711551

policemustang
12-11-2006, 02:11 AM
Ford offered the CD player only in '93. It wasn't that popular, yet, so they are pretty hard to find. Make sure you test it, before you buy because they are notorius for eating CD's. The one in my feature car has trouble reading the CD and then once it starts skipping, it won't give the CD back. Be prepared to pay in the $300+ range for a good work one.

That's enough to scare me away! Thanks for the tip! I think I will stay with the cassette deck and try to find the EQ to add to it. I want to remain stock for a while. MCA has an "unrestored" class which I am going to run my convertible thru in 2007. Then maybe later on, go aftermarket with a sound system but not too elaborate. Ya know me?