PDA

View Full Version : Storing Your Vehicle and Mice

Steve
08-08-2023, 03:25 PM
This goes for SSPs and any other classic or collectible you may have. I have several other vehicles, including my SSP, and have a steel building with multiple rollup doors I keep them in. What I have been struggling with for 20 years is mice. No matter what I have tried to keep them out they always find a way in.
I have tried all sorts of spring traps, put bait out, tried ultrasonic noise generators and nothing works. I find mouse droppings in my vehs and my frustration level has grown.
I did find something, finally, that works. And that is the "Walk the Plank" mouse trap. There are many variations and you can easily find them online, but here is a link to a YT video for the one I bought and I can tell you it works fantastically:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cITWGjeNPAM

You don't even need to put bait on it. Just water in the bucket attracts mice, especially in a closed area like my building and on hot days. They smell/sense the water and go for it all I have to do is dump out the water with their bodies and refill. In the last 2 months I have taken out 6 of them, while baited spring traps nearby sit unused and rotting. It's a war that will never be won, but I'm winning battles consistently. Perfect!

Andy
08-09-2023, 11:22 AM
Hi Steve
I only have (had) that problem with a truck
parked outside on the side of the garage,
What worked for me was light's on a timer
that kept the Mice away. Take care good to
see your post's.

Steve
08-09-2023, 01:26 PM
Hello Andy,

You are fortunate that you've only had to deal with one. I live in the country and even though we have two outside cats, who do their duty, my shop is outside their immediate area of responsibility. It's been an ongoing struggle the entire time.
I have already had to shampoo the carpet of 0327 once because mice got in and urinated on it. I had the windows up and doors closed and somehow they still got in. I'm getting ready to take 0327 to the Ripon show in October and didn't want to have to convince anyone the odd smell inside was something CHP specified for their SSP order :D

MOstang
08-21-2023, 02:16 PM
impressive trap!