PDA

View Full Version : NOS Carlite Coupe quarter windows

SparkSVT
11-03-2007, 12:35 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987-1993-Mustang-Coupe-Qtr-Windows-NOS-Carlite-RARE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33684QQihZ010QQite mZ200168335165QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

should be interesting to see how much they go for.

FHP0665
11-05-2007, 09:30 AM
$800 WOW! Is the only way to fix the dry rot problem of the outer trim to replace the whole window?

86NeSSP
11-05-2007, 10:19 AM
$800 WOW! Is the only way to fix the dry rot problem of the outer trim to replace the whole window?

no there are procedures posted on the net on how to restore them or you can send them to dugan racing and they will restore them for you.

Matt

86NeSSP
11-05-2007, 10:21 AM
I got luck on my Texas car as when it was repainted by DPS they did a great job in getting the window trim painted up right too. They are looking VERY GOOD and will only need a lite scuff and paint with a semigloss black to match the new trim everywhere else.

Matt

mac88chp
11-05-2007, 01:28 PM
Careful restoration of the quarter windows yields some pretty acceptable results but I can't tell you how many times I've had people comment on the NOS ones on my car. There just isn't any substitute for new...they just seemm to pop out to the trained eye, more so than any of the other NOS trim that's on my car.

FHP0665
11-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Mine pretty much deteriorated around the edges over the years so I'm going to have to do something but I just can't see putting $800 into new ones at the moment. I saw some "stick-on" covers for them I think on e-bay but I don't think I want to go that route.

Has anyone ever had their front windsheild leak on them? Mine started to drip on the top corner of the passenger side almost everytime it rained a couple years back so I figured the seal was just dried up on it.

86NeSSP
11-05-2007, 06:01 PM
Mine pretty much deteriorated around the edges over the years so I'm going to have to do something but I just can't see putting $800 into new ones at the moment. I saw some "stick-on" covers for them I think on e-bay but I don't think I want to go that route.

Has anyone ever had their front windsheild leak on them? Mine started to drip on the top corner of the passenger side almost everytime it rained a couple years back so I figured the seal was just dried up on it.

I have seen it and the best thing to do is have the windshield pulled and reset. The adhesive has dried up andis letting the water by.

Matt

mustangretriever
11-05-2007, 11:14 PM
Careful restoration of the quarter windows yields some pretty acceptable results but I can't tell you how many times I've had people comment on the NOS ones on my car. There just isn't any substitute for new...they just seemm to pop out to the trained eye, more so than any of the other NOS trim that's on my car.

I agree! I picked up a set for less than $250 and it was the best 250 I spent on my car! Everyone always asks me at shows where I got an NOS set.

y2kcobra88
11-08-2007, 01:54 AM
I use the black bumper coating in the spray can on all my black trim pieces and mirrors. It looks just like the oem rubber and resists scuffing better than any paint.

86NeSSP
11-08-2007, 09:01 AM
I use the black bumper coating in the spray can on all my black trim pieces and mirrors. It looks just like the oem rubber and resists scuffing better than any paint.

That's what I use as well. It's great stuff.

Matt