PDA

View Full Version : 1993 Ford Factory AM/FM Radio

policemustang
12-12-2006, 07:33 PM
I have a Ford factory AM/FM radio that came out of my 1993 Texas DPS Mustang that I'd like to offer someone. AM/FM radio found in most of the '93 SSP Mustangs. It's in perfect working order with two exceptions:

1. The metal tangs on the bottom that screw into the plastic dish below are broken off and missing. They were removed to allow for the room for a scanner below it in the dashboard.

2. There is a small plastic corner piece of the face plate, about half inch in length that is missing from my trusty radio installer being careless.

Anyway - if someone is interested I will be happy to ship it to you and let you inspect it and make me an offer. Again, it works fine and the chipped corner is not something that would be noticeable. I am happy to take a picture of it.
Reason for selling: I bought a brand new one on eBay today.

Thanks...

FlyinTiger
12-13-2006, 02:51 PM
Please post a pic. Are the tabs replacable or are they tack welded on? I am sniffing real close to my first 93 LSP, so I am going to start gathering parts that usually would be missing.

policemustang
12-14-2006, 05:35 AM
They are rivited-like. Like "punched" onto the bottom. COULD be replaced but difficult to do IMO.
But the radio slides into a sleeve-like holder which should already exist in the dash paned where the radio goes in the Musang so when it's installed, it shouldn't sag or be loose. It should just slide and snap right in.
But the little plastic thing that goes under it won't stay in place.
Picture coming.