PDA

View Full Version : Any other projects?

86NeSSP
12-11-2007, 10:23 AM
So what other projects does everyone have going on? I am trying to sell my F250 SD so I can clear the way for another truck but I will have my 87 Texas car as the only serious project for now. I do have the 86 Nebraska car that I am working on getting restored so that I can do some daily driving and to hit the shows with. I also have the 85 CHP car that will be getting some more lite work done to it to finish it up. Look for it in the coming year as well as the Nebraska car. The Texas car will take a while.

I will be picking up a regular cab short be 83-92 ranger to do a complete 5.0 swap into with all the creature comforts (A/C, heat and also cruise). This will have to be my truck to run for parts and light hauling.

Show me what else you guys are working on!

Matt

svopaul
12-11-2007, 11:14 AM
My list of current projects:
-06 Dodge Magnum-wife's new car bought with some damage-repairing and painting it
-68 Cougar-just put new floors in it and now getting the brakes up to speed
-90 Corvette-removed rear bumper to do quarter panel repair and prep for paint
-65 Fastback-need to paint
-89 GSP-need to paint
-86 SVO (Road race car) -building new engine
-69 Cyclone-repairing rust in cowl

There is a long list of other projects but they are too far on the back burner to mention right now.

Of course finding time to work on my own projects is very difficult between customer cars and a newborn.

86NeSSP
12-11-2007, 11:39 AM
My list of current projects:
-69 Cyclone-repairing rust in cowl

Ew, Ew I wanna see, I wanna see! I love the Merc Cyclones! FEP had a pictue of one a Christmas meet a week or so ago that is awesome.

Looks like a lot of projects. I know the newborn/time issue. Mine just turned 1 and it seems that everything has come to a halt since she arrived.

Matt

predator20
12-11-2007, 11:44 AM
I don't own anything but mustangs right now. But my two non ssp projects. '87 GT and a '94 GT. I did own a ranger a few months ago, but sold it to my brother before I paid it off. The '87 I swapped in a lower mileage engine and a rebuilt T-5. Then had the suspension rebuilt and most of the A/C components replaced. It needs paint and a few minor things.

The '94 when I bought it, had an auto. When it started acting up, I didn't have the money for a rebuild. But I had a low mileage '95 T-5 so in it went. Now that I'm driving the '87 also and I need something with an auto. I'll probably do the swap around Christmas.

Update on my two ssp's. The WSP got the LS-1 k-member removed still need to get the stock one back in it. The '87 project got in the way. The FHP haven't touched it, there's a fairly complete tan interior on ebay so I'm going to go after it.

svopaul
12-11-2007, 01:23 PM
Ew, Ew I wanna see, I wanna see! I love the Merc Cyclones! FEP had a pictue of one a Christmas meet a week or so ago that is awesome.

Looks like a lot of projects. I know the newborn/time issue. Mine just turned 1 and it seems that everything has come to a halt since she arrived.

Matt

This is it at the '04 Winged Warrior Reunion at Talladega (only about 20 minutes from me)...hasn't changed much since then except that I have the dash torn out of it looking for a water leak which snowballed into the cowl repair being needed.

bmt336
12-12-2007, 12:15 AM
Just the Camaro....right now.

jarhed123
12-12-2007, 12:22 AM
With the FHP car completed I was thinking of doing a CHP car. I would have to sell one of my cars :( .

calimustang
12-12-2007, 01:14 AM
Since i got 08 Mustang GT, i'll mod it lightly, also repair my LT1 9C1 for whatever it needs as now she has 103,200 miles.. paint are getting old and fading.. no rust so far.. has stubborn leak that got my front passenger side carpet wet and making mildew/mold on carpet, will send it to the chevy shop soon for the leak issue, put impala ss springs and bilstein shocks since 9C1 springs are worn out and possibly bushings on front end and steering system also since theres some play in the steering.. yup.. a lot of work but i love the car to death so i cant ever part with it, i plan to paint it gunmetal gray, right now it has light aquaratic blue.. rare color it is. i plan to have it completely overhauled by a caprice/impala ss restoration shop in California (that i know of) which will do it all, it'll be like a new car. it will happen in few years, my goal is when she reaches 200k miles then retire it and have a P71 take over and serve me for videophone installer job, i'll convert it into impala ss in my preferences.

FHP0665
12-12-2007, 10:05 PM
Life...

NoDrama43
12-12-2007, 11:13 PM
currently painting the 93 FHP car

85 TXDPS is ready for paint now

whippleizing the Windveil blue 07 gt (new school)

building the 86 427 carbed stroker car (windveil blue 2 b) (old school)

10 ssp cars to restore

pouring concrete in the barn

I have plenty to do.

calimustang
12-12-2007, 11:21 PM
You serious you are whipple charging your 07 GT? oh i love how old school big block sounds and feels by its vibration on the ground.. but gas hog.. but the fun sure beats the concern of the gas! :D
currently painting the 93 FHP car

85 TXDPS is ready for paint now

building the 86 427 carbed stroker car (windveil blue 2 b) (old school)

10 ssp cars to restore

pouring concrete in the barn

I have plenty to do.

svopaul
12-13-2007, 09:37 AM

Forget the whipple.....go TURBO....(Newer school).....We finished this one up 2 weeks ago.....2005 GT, completely stock except for cat back exhaust, Shelby fuel pumps & kenne bell boost-a-pump....501rwhp/482rwtq @ 10psi with 15 degrees of timing....and a perfectly flat and safe 11.7 air/fuel ratio!!

NoDrama43
12-13-2007, 12:09 PM
Paul what does the turbo system cost , turn key installed?

Unmrkd
12-13-2007, 12:39 PM

Since when is money an object???:D

86NeSSP
12-13-2007, 01:06 PM

Jim you always have a lot of projects going! When are we going to be able to see all your SSP's? I'm still wanting to see the entire collection.

Matt

svopaul
12-13-2007, 01:35 PM

This particular one isn't a good example because it was THE first if not one of the first kits from turbohorsepower.com so the installation took longer and we had problems from missing parts to having to fabricate things that were not right or would not work.

His single kit starts at about $3500 for the kit....labor depends on the kit simply because of different kits and the quality of them. You will need an SCT Tuner and someone to dyno tune the car. On this particular car it was $600 for dyno time and tuning and the tuner is $379....so that would just leave Labor. Right now until this guy fixes his problems I would rather not install another THP kit...Hellion is more expensive but they are spot on with everything from parts, shipping time and installation and our labor to install a Hellion kit is cheaper as a result.

You could install some of these kits yourself and some you would be fine but others you may not be depending on your ability to overcome problems. I could go on and on about the THP kit pictured above and the problems we encountered while with the Hellion kit we had only one very minor thing to adjust for.

If you want to discuss different options just let me know and we can talk by phone.

scoutdrivinrebel
12-13-2007, 08:54 PM
Always looking for another project. Hope to have one soon.

NoDrama43
12-13-2007, 08:59 PM
Since when is money an object???:D

I keep dropping hints to the bride....but she doesn't understand the words Kenne Bell, supercharger, yada yada...... :)

NoDrama43
12-13-2007, 09:00 PM
Jim you always have a lot of projects going! When are we going to be able to see all your SSP's? I'm still wanting to see the entire collection.

Matt

Matt, as soon as I get the paint on the 93 I will uncover all the cars and post a group picture.......

86NeSSP
12-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Matt, as soon as I get the paint on the 93 I will uncover all the cars and post a group picture.......

Promises, promises

Unmrkd
12-13-2007, 11:34 PM
Promises, promises

Matt, it's a two day job just to get all the covers off.:biggrinjester:

I have helped him in the old storage facility, once uncovered - it is quite a sight to see that many SSP's all together.:2thumbs:

86NeSSP
12-14-2007, 09:29 AM
Matt, it's a two day job just to get all the covers off.:biggrinjester:

I have helped him in the old storage facility, once uncovered - it is quite a sight to see that many SSP's all together.:2thumbs:

I imagine...

CHP 3705
12-14-2007, 09:43 AM
Just got the 88 CHP back from the frame shop and will be getting it all back together throughout the winter for a daily driver. I'm going to start the restore on the 86 CHP. Just sold the engine & trans out of my 94 Splash so I can finally get a 5.0 put in it. Have a 67 Mustang coupe restoration for a customer to finish when things get slow, and there's always some cars to dismantel in my ever growing Mustang boneyard. Never a dull moment here. Doug

86NeSSP
12-14-2007, 10:23 AM
Just got the 88 CHP back from the frame shop and will be getting it all back together throughout the winter for a daily driver. I'm going to start the restore on the 86 CHP. Just sold the engine & trans out of my 94 Splash so I can finally get a 5.0 put in it. Have a 67 Mustang coupe restoration for a customer to finish when things get slow, and there's always some cars to dismantel in my ever growing Mustang boneyard. Never a dull moment here. Doug

Excellent, Great to see someone else taking on the Ranger 5.0 project too. I already have the harness and all the emissions items taken careof. I should be getting a set of headers soon as well for the swap. I know there is more to be purchased including the truck but I am ready whenever I find the right truck. That is the main issue right now. Well that and being out of town and TIME.

Good luck on the 88 as well as the 86. Will be nice to see 2 more CHP's on the road again.

Matt

CHP 3705
12-14-2007, 03:11 PM
Excellent, Great to see someone else taking on the Ranger 5.0 project too. I already have the harness and all the emissions items taken careof. I should be getting a set of headers soon as well for the swap. I know there is more to be purchased including the truck but I am ready whenever I find the right truck. That is the main issue right now. Well that and being out of town and TIME.

Good luck on the 88 as well as the 86. Will be nice to see 2 more CHP's on the road again.

Matt

I'm not sure when I'll be able to start on the Ranger project but when I do I'll keep in touch with you since I plan on fabricating everything I need. Maybe I'll run across some things that might help you with yours. The best thing I've done with mine so far is installing an Explorer rear end. What a difference Traction-Loc and 4 wheel disc brakes makes. Looking forward to starting on it. Doug

86NeSSP
12-14-2007, 03:15 PM
The best thing I've done with mine so far is installing an Explorer rear end. What a difference Traction-Loc and 4 wheel disc brakes makes. Looking forward to starting on it. Doug

Thanks for any help you might have on this process. I do have a couple ?'s though. Did you have to make any modifications to install the Explorer rear end into your Ranger? Upgrade the booster or master cylinder?

Matt

CHP 3705
12-14-2007, 08:43 PM
Thanks for any help you might have on this process. I do have a couple ?'s though. Did you have to make any modifications to install the Explorer rear end into your Ranger? Upgrade the booster or master cylinder?

Matt

The only mod you have to make is welding new spring perches on top of the axle housing directly above the old ones which are welded on the bottom side of the housing. The anti-lock plugs right in, the emergency brake cables hook right up, and I didn't change the booster or master cyl. After I did the install I road tested on some dirt roads & the rear wheels didn't lock up prematurely or anything. It works great on snow & ice also. The Explorer rearend is 1.5" wider than the 93 up Ranger which is no problem, .75" on each side, barely noticable. The braking is excellent. It's been about 3 years since I did the install, but I don't recall any other mods. Doug

86NeSSP
12-15-2007, 09:25 AM
The only mod you have to make is welding new spring perches on top of the axle housing directly above the old ones which are welded on the bottom side of the housing. The anti-lock plugs right in, the emergency brake cables hook right up, and I didn't change the booster or master cyl. After I did the install I road tested on some dirt roads & the rear wheels didn't lock up prematurely or anything. It works great on snow & ice also. The Explorer rearend is 1.5" wider than the 93 up Ranger which is no problem, .75" on each side, barely noticable. The braking is excellent. It's been about 3 years since I did the install, but I don't recall any other mods. Doug

Great info, thanks!