PDA

View Full Version : It is supposed to be 50 out so

litsnsirn
12-16-2006, 03:33 PM
I took 0366 for a jaunt over to the get fleeced while washing your own car wash and put about six miles on it. It seems to run better, the more I drive it, but there is still some off idle hesitation. I need to give it a little more gas than I'd like to when starting from a stop, but it is not bad, it could still be that I'm not used to the clutch. My trip included a quick run up the expressway and I have to say that second gear coming off the ramp with my foot in it put a smile on my face that hasn't been there in a long time.

Here are a couple of pics:
http://members.aol.com/jasona91/MustFrt.jpg
http://members.aol.com/jasona91/MustRr.jpg

There are a pair of holes in the back seat, one on each side and marks in the carpet where something was mounted, right on the front of the vertical floor under the seat cushion. Anyone know what these could be from?

http://members.aol.com/jasona91/Holes.jpg

ImEvil1
12-16-2006, 05:06 PM
Good pics....glad to see them.

CHP mounted supplemental safety belts in the cars. My car still has them (check out the pic). I'm not sure when they started adding these or for how many years; I didn't see signs of them in the 1985 CHP I previously owned.

litsnsirn
12-16-2006, 06:06 PM
Here's the inside:
http://members.aol.com/jasona91/MustangInside.jpg

That is kind of funny that they'd feel the need to supplement the seat belts that were engineered into the car and met national standards. It is kind of hard to believe that there would be enough structure down there to secure a seat belt to.

ImEvil1
12-16-2006, 06:11 PM
That is kind of funny that they'd feel the need to supplement the seat belts that were engineered into the car and met national standards. It is kind of hard to believe that there would be enough structure down there to secure a seat belt to.

I agree....driver and passenger-side both. Were your seats redone? The color looks weird.

litsnsirn
12-16-2006, 09:32 PM
Kevin said that something was redone on the seats, I'm not sure what. Every piece of trim in that car has faded differently, even the ones made out of the same stuff, every one of the seat belts has faded to a different color.

ImEvil1
12-16-2006, 10:35 PM
Post up a close-up of the inserts if you can....I think it's the pattern on the material.

litsnsirn
12-17-2006, 10:08 AM
Here is the best I can do from one of the other pics I shot. I tightened up on the pattern as best I could, although, the strange thing is, is that the pattern doesn't strike me as looking like this in person.

http://members.aol.com/jasona91/seat.jpg

ImEvil1
12-17-2006, 06:05 PM
Here is the best I can do from one of the other pics I shot. I tightened up on the pattern as best I could, although, the strange thing is, is that the pattern doesn't strike me as looking like this in person.

http://members.aol.com/jasona91/seat.jpg

That's probably what I was seeing. Here is a similiar shot of mine.

Kevin
12-17-2006, 08:57 PM
The seats were redone by the previous owner. As I told you, the seats were redone close to, but not exactly like the originals and MOST people probably wouldn't know the difference.The original fabric is available from SMS, which is what I used on my hatchback.

I've only seen those seatbelts on 82's. They've all had the holes from their installation but most are gone, probably removed by CHP upon sale. They are lap belts only, so I'm not sure of the legalities if CHP left them in. My guess is CHP found the shoulder belts a problem due to the Mustang's size.

ImEvil1
12-17-2006, 09:05 PM
The seats were redone by the previous owner. As I told you, the seats were redone close to, but not exactly like the originals and MOST people probably wouldn't know the difference.The original fabric is available from SMS, which is what I used on my hatchback.

I've only seen those seatbelts on 82's. They've all had the holes from their installation but most are gone, probably removed by CHP upon sale. They are lap belts only, so I'm not sure of the legalities if CHP left them in. My guess is CHP found the shoulder belts a problem due to the Mustang's size.

Who was the "as I told you" directed at?

As far as the belts go...Jim Young's car also still has them, I believe (one of your old cars). Not sure if Mike Riley's had them or not (didn't that car come from you also?).

Kevin
12-17-2006, 11:44 PM
Who was the "as I told you" directed at?

As far as the belts go...Jim Young's car also still has them, I believe (one of your old cars). Not sure if Mike Riley's had them or not (didn't that car come from you also?).

The I was to Jason, the owner of the car. Sorry for the confusion

ImEvil1
12-17-2006, 11:55 PM
The I was to Jason, the owner of the car. Sorry for the confusion

No prob.

litsnsirn
12-18-2006, 07:52 AM
I wasn't sure what had been redone on the seats, if they were all fresh, or just had panels replaced. I remember my mom had a 'Scort in 83 as her first non VW Beetle car. Her car had a tan interior with similar type fabric and it looked like I remember it, but memory is what it is.

litsnsirn
12-18-2006, 08:10 AM
My short term memory is pretty bad, I was not trying to misrepresent anything, I just really didn't remember. Sorry about that. The VIN number of a car I bought in 1990, that I can remember, where are my car keys, no idea.

So were there extra buckle anchors for the additional seatbelts, or were the stock ones used? If they used these extra belts with the stock buckles and an officer was injured, I can't imagine the liability involved in modifying a factory safety device like that.

ImEvil1
12-18-2006, 10:18 AM
My short term memory is pretty bad, I was not trying to misrepresent anything, I just really didn't remember. Sorry about that. The VIN number of a car I bought in 1990, that I can remember, where are my car keys, no idea.

So were there extra buckle anchors for the additional seatbelts, or were the stock ones used? If they used these extra belts with the stock buckles and an officer was injured, I can't imagine the liability involved in modifying a factory safety device like that.

I'll take you a few more pics of my belts....they added both male and female ends.

As for the inserts....SMS Fabrics can hook you up with the correct material, should you choose to go that route. They are pricey, but have NOS material.

shor
12-19-2006, 12:20 AM
Great pictures.

litsnsirn
12-21-2006, 06:22 PM
Can anyone in the midwest recommend a paint/body guy that does good work on fox mustangs?

ImEvil1
12-21-2006, 08:35 PM
Can't help you there....and I haven't forgotten about you on the belt pictures, either. It's been a crazy week at work for me. I'll make sure to take some this weekend and post them up, if not sooner.

ImEvil1
12-23-2006, 04:01 PM
Ok...here are a few more pics of those lap belts.

ImEvil1
12-23-2006, 04:01 PM
Female ends.

ImEvil1
12-23-2006, 04:02 PM
Attachment points are the same as the OE belts (inner parts).

calimustang
12-23-2006, 08:57 PM
WOW! Never seen that before! unique parts!