PDA

View Full Version : 1993 Winslow 5spd SSP for Sale

1992b4c
12-31-2007, 03:50 AM
http://public.fotki.com/1992chpb4c/1993-ford-mustang-s/

Well I have decided to sell this car. I hate to but would like to start working on the Road Runner sooner than later. I have put a ton of work into car because all plans were to keep it. All some may know, I hounded the City of Winslow for about 3 or 4 years to find out when this Mustang would go for auction. Well this year was supposed to it until they totalled out a Crown Vic. They said they needed to keep it since they were 1 unit down. All along Winslow fleet maintenance said the car really didnt serve their purpose anymore. I said "well hell, why dont ya'll trade me for a late model Crown Vic". He suggested I run that by the Chief of Police. I did, and to make a long story short, they went for it. So October 19th I hightailed it up there in a P71 and returned with a 1993 SSP Mustang 5spd.

This SSP is equipped from the factory with the 130 amp alternator, 2 piece Vascar speedo cable, manual windows, locks, rear defrost, and am/fm radio. DSO code 71 for Los Angeles but the car was sold new through Berge Ford in Mesa Arizona.

I bought the car with 83k miles and it currently has 87k miles. I have all maintenance records back to 1996(changed systems and this is as far back as it went). I also have some unbelievable paperwork with the car. The copy of the Certificate of Origin, cancelled original title, Invoice for the City stating the price they paid and the letter from the Lawyer describing the trade. Has anyone else every seen an SSP go from service to directly into private hands like this. I feel it was my civic duty to relieve Winslow of an unwanted vehicle.

Ok as far as my maintenance goes;

New rotors and pads
New drums and shoes
Complete tune-up(FMS wires, brass cap, plugs)
New FMS HD clutch kit
New FMS flywheel
New Ford clutch cable & fork
FMS Firewall adjuster for clutch(yes, I had to get rid of that crappy factory quadrant that wasnt working, no one should argue with better driveability)
FMS Double hook quadrant
New Ford rear main seal
New Ford drip rail mouldings
New Ford door belt mouldings
Drivers seat re-covered(factory material)
Map pockets redone with factory correct vinyl(yes, its still available)

None-Ford items
Steeda Tri-Ax shifter with factory knob(stock one was about to fall apart)
Flowmaster cat-back(Winslow replaced mufflers with some crap)

While the door panels were off, I completely lubricated everything related to the windows(they squeaked before). They roll up and down easy and quiet now. I removed all window trim and mirrors and re-finished them. Taillights were also. Please look at all pictures in the Fotki album.

The car runs and drives awesome. The only upcoming maintenance items that need attention will be the oil pan gasket. I am scheduled to bring this in for repair on Thursday. Therefore this wont be a problem for the next person.
I have a new 5.0 emblem coming in for the one that is missing. This SSP retains 100% of all its panels and all body tags are there. The only paint work done to this was the trunklid due to something hitting the top of it. All locks work correctly and still retains the 1 key system.

I am asking around $12-$13k for the car obo. I am selling the car with 2 sets of wheels and tires if they want them. I installed the 5 stars I had with nearly new Goodyear Eagle F1 ZR tires when I got the car due to the originals being so dryrotted. I still need to send the original 10 holes out for re-machining and install some new tires on them before I sell it unless someone would rather have them re-machined themselves and save on the cost of the car.

Like I say, I was building this car for a keeper or else I would not have used some of the parts like I did. I like my cars pretty original but I have no problems with small upgrades. My biggest deviance from stock would be the adjustable clutch and shifter but they are only improvements since the stock crap is hardly adequate. Exhaust had to be changed regardless. Since I have the 23,000 mile USFWS SSP, I dont really need both. Would love to keep both but, I can have a 5pd in the 1970 Road Runner.

It's kind of hard these days to find super straight non-molested SSP's with any kind of mileage much less one with under 90,000 miles. Even the rails under the car havent been crushed by careless placement of floor jacks. I also believe this was also the only 1993 SSP sold in Arizona. The last year the AZ DPS had SSP's was 1992 and no other agencies ever had SSP's out here.

Take a look at all of the pictures and let me know if anyone from here is remotely interested. I will probably post on ebay within the next couple of weeks after the oil pan is done and I get pics from underneath. Out of all of the pics in Fotki, I forgot to shoot the Buck tags . They will be added tomorrow. Thanks for the read.

FHP813
12-31-2007, 01:56 PM
Very, Very nice clean car. And a 5 speed to boot. Good luck with the sale.:thumbsup:

ImEvil1
12-31-2007, 02:17 PM
+1...Good luck.

1992b4c
01-28-2008, 08:19 PM
New updates on the car. Selling price is $10k to list members if anyone is interested. I have added more parts to the car as well and more pictures as well;

Freshly powdercoated wheels and new VR tires
New Waterpump, 180* t-stat
New silicon hoses
New Ford trunk weatherstripping
New Ford door weatherstripping

Car is ready to drive anywhere.

http://members.cox.net/twilak/Winslow%20SSP/IMGP8640.JPG

ImEvil1
02-01-2008, 07:42 PM
It's now on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-1993-Ford-Mustang-Police-Package-SSP-5spd-LOW-MILES_W0QQitemZ330208848829QQihZ014QQcategoryZ6236 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

pgoffner
02-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Did the winner pay for the car yet? I hate that I missed this one!

NoDrama43
02-03-2008, 07:58 PM
wow.....I am sooooo happy to see these prices of these cars.

:D I think I'll have me a Schlitz. :rolleyes: :D

1992b4c
02-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Did the winner pay for the car yet? I hate that I missed this one!
He paid the deposit immediately. Check should be here tuesday.

I think I'll have me a Schlitz.
Going all out I see.

mac88chp
02-03-2008, 10:23 PM
Congrats Aaron...that's an excellent sales price for a really nice car and I wholly agree with Jim that it's a great thing for SSP values.
:2thumbs: