PDA

View Full Version : Food for thought

mustangretriever
01-08-2008, 02:52 PM
This kinda fits in with some of the stuff that's been posted on both sites lately:

http://www.policelink.com/news/articles/8788-teenage-deputies-go-to-jail?referral=pl_nlet

And we wonder why we need to "police" who joins our groups...

fajr22
01-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Send me a link to where these people on the other sights are driving around with there blue lights on pulling people over and summonsing them/impersonating an officer. I would love to read them. I am sure that anyone that condoned impersonating an officer couldn't even belong to a site?? I am really curious as to connection this has to do with any posts on our sight(s)???

Fred Ashmore

jarhed123
01-08-2008, 03:19 PM
I hope those kids get every bit of pain that is coming to them. What they did and others have done is a clear breach of the trust given by the public to the individual departments. I'm glad other officers noticed the stop and stoped to assist. I hope no one here is on the same page as the kids.

fajr22
01-08-2008, 03:20 PM
roger that Jarhed123...

Unmrkd
01-08-2008, 03:52 PM
What is the motive for that activity??? Thrill seeking, robbery -what????? It appears to be a terminal case of "Stupid". They are both lucky to be alive after the second one starts reaching under the seat for his weapon.

See what happens when they watch too much Jack#ss TV.:screwy:

86NeSSP
01-08-2008, 04:42 PM
What is the motive for that activity??? Thrill seeking, robbery -what????? It appears to be a terminal case of "Stupid". They are both lucky to be alive after the second one starts reaching under the seat for his weapon.

Ya, that or "Armed and Famous"! Maybe they thought they were COP's "Citizens On Patrol" from Police Academy the movie!

I think they are exactly as you described "terminal case of "Stupid"".

PoliceSSP
01-08-2008, 10:07 PM
The other problem is, "you can't fix stupid"

ImEvil1
01-08-2008, 10:31 PM

Unfortunately, it happens with too much regularity...I also think that the laws on impersonation should be tougher.

jarhed123
01-08-2008, 11:11 PM
I don't understand why anyone would want to impersonate a LEO. People know it is dangerous, others don't like COPS, and few want to be COPS. I'm sure some just like the power trip but at such a high cost, it is not worth it.

They are better off impersonating a wealthy person. Maybe they will learn something and become wealthy themselves without going to jail.

ImEvil1
01-08-2008, 11:15 PM
I don't understand why anyone would want to impersonate a LEO. People know it is dangerous, others don't like COPS, and few want to be COPS. I'm sure some just like the power trip but at such a high cost, it is not worth it.

Lots of those. Some dangerous....some not-so.

They are better off impersonating a wealthy person. Maybe they will learn something and become wealthy themselves without going to jail.

Now that's funny. :yes:

fajr22
01-09-2008, 09:30 AM
That some funny stuff.....However they do that all the time, impersonate the wealthy its synonomous to embezeler. We had a car salesman here in our town that was throwing around tons of money and built a mansion only to later find out that he took 200k+ from his employer.... You'll never guess what his punishment was???.........Go to church and sort out his issues with god..... Needless to say he was caught 2 years later doing the same thing to the same exact employer..... I guess god and him didn't get it straightened out the first time.. I bet god will have something to say about it when it really matters. That is a good idea jarhed but i am afraid if they cant get wealthy on there own then they will probably wind up in jail trying to be wealthy....

Good day all Fred Ashmore

DJP55
01-09-2008, 11:18 AM
To steal $200K from an auto Dealer...the owner had to have some very lax or non-existence financial controls in place. Or he allowed this person to override them....which is even dumber...!! And then to re-hire the thief...Duh..!!!!!

svopaul
01-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Unfortunately, it happens with too much regularity...I also think that the laws on impersonation should be tougher.

I agree....Bail at $5K....that's ridiculous! Should be more like $500K...let them sit in jail and contemplate what they are there for!

This case is a brazen example of stupid....but 99.9% of the time these guys are driving cars that are not police or even ex-police vehicles. The Taurus should have been a real clue for the arresting officers. That kid in the car is lucky he didn't get shot and I'd be curious as to his "reason" for reaching under the seat for the BB gun....did he actually think it was a good idea? If so then that should be enough to send him up the river or put him in a mental institution for the criminally stupid.

fajr22
01-09-2008, 01:28 PM
Maybe he was going to shoot his eye out and claim police brutality. I think half the problem with jail is its to easy to get out, all you have to do is put up or pay collateral and bolt. Do you really think they give a crap about showing up to court?? If they did, they wouldnt be breaking the law to start with???

FRED ASHMORE

1992b4c
01-09-2008, 10:31 PM
Maybe they will learn something

Yea, from a 350+lb boyfriend in jail. The cops should have at least tazed them a little and beat the crap out of them.