PDA

View Full Version : Nice Marcos!

86NeSSP
01-15-2008, 03:03 PM
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/249/11604/216276.jpg

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/249/11604/216277.jpg

And if they get removed from that site I am inserting them here too.

Matt

Courtesy of Kevins89notch5.0 (foureyedpride)

ImEvil1
01-15-2008, 03:20 PM
That car is beautiful (and the sign isn't bad, either). :2thumbs:

Mustang Crazy
01-15-2008, 03:58 PM
Sweet FHP!

FHP813
01-15-2008, 04:42 PM
Nice pic! It is a sweet ride. :bowdown:

NoDrama43
01-15-2008, 05:09 PM
Marcos,

love the sign........and wow......your car is spectacular bro !!

glad to see it got what it deserved.

:2thumbs:

xxtrpr
01-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Marcos, Love the car great job..

jarhed123
01-15-2008, 11:21 PM
Wow!! What can I say! I did not expect a thread just for me. Well here I go.

I could not have done this if it would not have been for many of you who were able to answer my questions, sell me parts that I could not find anywhere else, and of course assist me with the little things that had to be done on the car, which Bernie took care of without hesitation. I would also like to thank my ex-wife because without her divorce from me I would still be wanting to buy the car :thanks: . Some of my biggest points of reference were the in service pictures and the information posted on the restoration sites of both forums. I do have to say that my main source of information did come from .net.

I also appreciate the criticism I got at times when I posted the pictures because it only showed me what I needed to do with the rest of the car to get it correct. Everything on this car is period correct with no corners cut and it really showed when a Trooper saw it at Silver Springs and told me it brought back a lot of memories.

As far as the presentation board, I used a lot of the information from .net and a little from .org. I also cited the work to give credit to the people who contributed to that information.

Thanks for the thread Matt and I will be updating my photo bucket to include this show’s pictures as well as the completed pictures to the FHP.

Now I need a new project and a CHP car would be nice.:takenotes:

Mustang Matt
01-16-2008, 02:08 PM
He let me touch it....

It is a beautiful car, Marcos craftsmanship is first rate.

86NeSSP
01-16-2008, 03:11 PM
Marcos I just figured I would give props where they are due! You have done an excellent job with your car in a short amount of time. I hope that my cars come out half that nice!

Even your sign you give credit to where you found information on the car and that is what it is all about.

Again, GREAT JOB on your FHP restoration.

Matt

ImEvil1
01-16-2008, 03:37 PM
Even your sign you give credit to where you found information on the car and that is what it is all about.

Again, GREAT JOB on your FHP restoration.

Matt

+1. Helping each other out, especially when trying to find those hard-to-find pieces, or with some other piece of information, is definitely what it's all about.

That is one of the nicest, most-correct, FHP restorations I have ever seen.

Now lets see some more pics!

jarhed123
01-16-2008, 04:15 PM
Here is my poster board for you guys to enjoy.

FHP first used the SSP Mustang in 1983, when they ordered 40 units for patrol use, initially for use on the Florida Turnpike. That began a run with FHP through the 1993 model year. FHP purchased upwards of 1663 of these cars, making them one of the largest users of the SSP Mustang. FHP allowed individual Troops to outfit the cars; therefore, there is not a standard location for equipment placement (www.sspmustang.org / www.specialservicemustang.net).
In 1986 FHP ordered only 147 units. FHP started ordering their cars with the new, blue silicon heavy duty hoses (with “aircraft-style clamps”), and Police fan clutch, in addition to the other, standard –production SSP options. FHP ordered their marked Mustangs factory painted in the Patrol's "Black and Tan" color scheme. The trunk was not on the car when it was painted black, which is why the trunk hinges and inner trunk area (trunk floor and sides) are black, and the underside of the decklid itself is cream. Paint codes changed over the years, with the 1983 code for the cream color listed as WT 1077, and for 1993 the color listed as WT1677 (www.specialservicemustang.net).
For 1984-1993, FHP used 48-inch Jetsonic (JS) lightbars (primarily, but there are a few exceptions). The model used is the older, chain-driven bar. The rotators also served double-duty as flashers. The bars had a front-light cutout option, which was necessary for rear flashers, but it also allowed Troopers to display rotating lights to the rear only. Take-down lights were mounted on the outside ends of the bars, facing forward, this was unique to FHP. The JS were controlled by Federal Signal JSS model switchboxes, which enabled the various functions of the bar (www.specialservicemustang.net).
FHP ran three different sirens in the cars, and they reused them from car-to-car (as long as they were still serviceable). Whelen WS-295, Federal Signal PA-200, and Federal PA-300 models were used throughout the Mustang run. Marked cars received roof numbers sometime between 1986 and 1987. FHP utilized Motorola Micor radio equipment, transmitting on VHF (4 channel, 154 MHz frequency), through the run of the Mustang. The cars all used dual antennas for the Micors, with the usual setup being a longer antenna on the roof (VHF, 12-18 inches), and a shorter one on the trunk lid (4 inches, for handheld-to-car transmissions at UHF 465 MHz, via use of a mobile, trunk mounted repeater). The Micors were 4 channels, scan head varieties, and the two heads. The Motorola trunk repeaters used by FHP were Motorola PAC R/T (UHF) units. Most cars ran these in conjunction with the Micor VHF radios (www.specialservicemustang.net).
Radar units were used throughout the Mustang run, and VASCAR units were sporadically used also. Kustom KR-10, KR-10SP, Trooper, and MPH K-55 radar units were commonly used. Antenna mounting varied, just as everything else did inside. Some cars have been seen with dual antenna setups, while others only ran singles (www.specialservicemustang.net).
Many, but not all, FHP Mustangs were equipped with VentShades brand covers on the left and right doors, at the top of the windows. These were stainless-finish deflectors designed so that the windows could be lowered in inclement weather, without a rush of rainwater pouring into the car (www.specialservicemustang.net).
The fender lettering “State Trooper” and state seals have changed since the SSP Mustangs were in use. Then, the letters were bright yellow and all decals non-reflective. Notice the font on the “R”, it has a straight leg. The “R” used in today’s cars have a rounded leg on the “R” I spend months on this restoration; your feedback would be greatly appreciated. I would like to thank everyone who help me with this restoration; from everyone at the forums to the individual Troopers who supported my efforts.

The above information was made possible by research from many current and retired FHP Troopers as well as archived information from the Florida Highway Patrol. My restoration is dedicated to all Law Enforcement Officers. For more information on SSP Mustangs, please visit the SSP websites at:
www.specialservicemustang.net
www.sspmustang.org