PDA

View Full Version : Steve Would Approve....

mac88chp
01-18-2008, 02:21 AM
...of the car I ordered today:

http://images34.fotki.com/v1082/photos/4/438439/5811223/1_08MustangBullitt_25-vi.jpg

I chose the logical Highland Green paint and went light on the options ordering only HID headlamps, Active Anti-Theft and the Wheel Lock Kit. No fussy NAV system, cell-phone gizmos or boom-boom stereos needed here...all the music and entertainment I need will be provided by my right foot!

With a little help from my friends, a screaming deal was had. Delivery estimated in about 8 weeks...stay tuned. :)

ImEvil1
01-18-2008, 02:29 AM
Congrats....I think you'll be happy with it. Mine will be here next week, and I'll post up some pics.

mac88chp
01-18-2008, 02:40 AM
Thanks Mike. I too considered a GT500 (if I could get one at sticker) but these just look so good, are a very well balanced car and a heck of a good buy considering what you get for the price. Sounds like our cars are very similar in configuration, it'll be interesting to see what S/Ns each ends up with.

bmt336
01-18-2008, 02:47 AM
nice, very nice.

NoDrama43
01-18-2008, 03:42 AM
you will certainly like it. every time I drive my GT I flirt with an "excessive acceleration" citation. It is very hard to keep the tach needle below 5k....

I only have three options on mine, spoiler delete, 3.55 gears, and the shaker 500. I like the cloth interior and the lack of bling. I will probably do a couple of mods but it won't be much, the car is already a rocket.

the bullits are very cool...

mac88chp
01-18-2008, 01:42 PM
Yeah, the only thing I wish was offered in the Bullitt was cloth or cloth insert seats. Leather is very hard to stay planted in under heavy cornering unless you've got a harness. At least the seats are well bolstered, same ones as in the GT500.

Amazingly, I've never been ticketed while driving any Mustang I've ever owned. I'm going to have to try very hard (or be extremely lucky) to keep that record standing once I take delivery of the new steed!

bmt336
01-18-2008, 07:57 PM
Yeah, the only thing I wish was offered in the Bullitt was cloth or cloth insert seats.

I would be happy to trade seats with you. I have an 08 with charcoal cloth. I would even drive out to your house and trade them....

ImEvil1
01-18-2008, 08:03 PM
With a little help from my friends, a screaming deal was had. Delivery estimated in about 8 weeks...stay tuned. :)

Ford put out an announcement effective Jan 9 that the Bullitt was no longer A/X/Z/D plan eligible. I ordered mine on Z plan, and was waiting to hear if the change applied to my case. FMC said they would honor my order, and now today it's posted all over the internet that Ford has reversed their position and that the cars are once again plan eligible.

So...a very nice deal on mine as well.

policemustang
01-18-2008, 08:06 PM
Congrats to all of you. Those are beautiful Mustangs!

mac88chp
01-18-2008, 08:40 PM
Ford put out an announcement effective Jan 9 that the Bullitt was no longer A/X/Z/D plan eligible. I ordered mine on Z plan, and was waiting to hear if the change applied to my case. FMC said they would honor my order, and now today it's posted all over the internet that Ford has reversed their position and that the cars are once again plan eligible.

So...a very nice deal on mine as well.That's good news. They were able to get mine into the system under D-Plan yesterday.

mac88chp
01-18-2008, 08:50 PM
I would be happy to trade seats with you. I have an 08 with charcoal cloth. I would even drive out to your house and trade them....Ummmm.....no thanks! :D

ImEvil1
01-18-2008, 09:02 PM
That's good news. They were able to get mine into the system under D-Plan yesterday.

Are you a dealership employee (or relative)?

mac88chp
01-19-2008, 02:43 AM
Are you a dealership employee (or relative)?Yup, relative of dealership employee. Nice benefit! :)

ImEvil1
01-19-2008, 02:59 AM
Yup, relative of dealership employee. Nice benefit! :)

Very much so.

My Bullitt is now on a rail car 20 miles north of town. ;)

mac88chp
01-19-2008, 04:12 AM
Very much so.

My Bullitt is now on a rail car 20 miles north of town. ;)Wow, you've got to be jumping out of your skin right now in anticipation. I am already and the only thing distracting me is the task of selling my 2001 GT.

Are you going to be able to go to the dealership and be present at the delivery?

ImEvil1
01-19-2008, 11:23 AM
Are you going to be able to go to the dealership and be present at the delivery?

I hope so. I get to clean it up, too.

It arrived at the yard this AM. I'm going to call and see if I can find out when it'll get transferred.

mac88chp
01-20-2008, 02:20 AM
Very neat.

On mine I'll be notified so I can be at the dealership to watch and get photos of it being unloaded and prepped and to snag all the delivery related stuff that normally gets taken off and chucked.

ImEvil1
01-20-2008, 03:12 AM
Very neat.

On mine I'll be notified so I can be at the dealership to watch and get photos of it being unloaded and prepped and to snag all the delivery related stuff that normally gets taken off and chucked.

No chucking here....I learned my lesson with my '93 coupe. It was taken home by a Ford exec, for quality control, and while I made the deal, they prepped it and threw out all of the documentation relating to that (posted in the window). I won't make that mistake again.

Looks like it's at the yard until Monday, before transfer to the dealership. I'll try to be there Monday when it arrives (I need to drop off my wife...she has a flight to catch at 230PM).

Rhino
01-20-2008, 11:05 AM
Congrats Mike and Michael! Nice rides. We saw Bullitt #93 here at the local dealership - will be interesting to see what #'s you all end up with! :) VERY exciting.

ImEvil1
01-20-2008, 01:25 PM
Congrats Mike and Michael! Nice rides. We saw Bullitt #93 here at the local dealership - will be interesting to see what #'s you all end up with! :) VERY exciting.

I can't wait. I think my number will be high 500s or somewhere in the 600s.

mac88chp
01-20-2008, 08:18 PM
I've heard that s/n's in the 2300 range are showing up at dealers right now with production only about 4 weeks old. Using those numbers, I could end up with a s/n somewhere in the 5000-6000 range but that's just a guess at this point. Too many variables to know for sure.

ImEvil1
01-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Job 2 was at the beginning of December.

I'm not sure how they number these things...number 2246, very close to mine by VIN, was sold to a guy over on TMS. Then there are other VINs, equally close to me, in the low-mid 500 range.

I have seen lots of complaints from guys who ordered early on, like I did, and have been waiting for the cars to arrive, while cars ordered by the dealers for stock started hitting showrooms back in December. Numbers 3, 4, 7, and a couple of other low-numbered cars went this way (and some were on eBay).

mac88chp
01-21-2008, 12:14 AM
Yeah, I'm sure there was some shenanigans involved with the early production units. But now that it's clear that these limited edition cars are not going to be bringing in any immediate big premiums, things have returned to some kind of normalcy. Still, the whole serial number scheme being employed seems to be a mystery. I personally don't care what number I end up with just as long as I get the car!

DJP55
01-21-2008, 09:26 PM
First...Dealers, like myself, submitted orders early with a Retail customer name attached. Then asked the Region to give top priority to the order. Based on several factors I can't put in print...dealers got their vehicles scheduled. The key is to place orders on the day the order bank will start accepting orders....then politic to get it pulled ASAP.

Second...It is my understanding that unlike Shelby, who could control the build one at a time, Bullitts are done in house by Ford, and no special priority was given to attaching the numbered plates to the strut brace in any sequence. My Bullitt arrived last week was number 6XX (i'm at home and don't recall the number)...but was probably built close to yours Mike.

ImEvil1
01-21-2008, 09:49 PM
First...Dealers, like myself, submitted orders early with a Retail customer name attached. Then asked the Region to give top priority to the order. Based on several factors I can't put in print...dealers got their vehicles scheduled. The key is to place orders on the day the order bank will start accepting orders....then politic to get it pulled ASAP.

Second...It is my understanding that unlike Shelby, who could control the build one at a time, Bullitts are done in house by Ford, and no special priority was given to attaching the numbered plates to the strut brace in any sequence. My Bullitt arrived last week was number 6XX (i'm at home and don't recall the number)...but was probably built close to yours Mike.

David,

Are you saying that these dealers made up "retail" customer names in order to get these scheduled?

I'm with Mike C....not concerned about the number, just waiting for the car. Mine was built Jan 2, so part of the delay for me has been shipping. Looks like tomorrow may be the day.

1989 Tx DPS SSP
01-22-2008, 09:44 AM
The first one our dealer had was number 2** but was Black. For some stupid reason they ordered a few Black ones. In 2001 the dealer had sold over 20 of them. Doing dealer trades with ones that could not move them.

Tom

mac88chp
01-22-2008, 01:48 PM
The dealer I bought from ordered two for stock, a green and a black. The green one will be here any day but they won't be getting the black one at all. They changed that order two days after it was placed to retail and reconfigured it to be my car.

I have yet to see a black '08 Bullitt in person but on Sunday I did see my first green one on the road. Oh man, it's going to be a LONG 8 weeks!

DJP55
01-22-2008, 01:57 PM
Mike M.......I'm saying what was posted....PM to you !!!

When you get your car...take a mirror and slide it under the strut tower brace where the Plate is attached........!!!!

DJP55
01-22-2008, 02:40 PM
BTW....my Bullitt was produced on 12/14/07.... plaque number is 2186. This reinforces the fact that numbered plaques were applied in no particular order.

mac88chp
01-22-2008, 06:02 PM
BTW....my Bullitt was produced on 12/14/07.... plaque number is 2186. This reinforces the fact that numbered plaques were applied in no particular order.Hmmm....this was posted today by a moderator over at the IMBOC board on the subject:

"I just got the following info regarding the 08 numbering plates:

The plates are numbered on the assembly line before being put on the car. There is a machine that provides the next sequential number (yes consecutive order) as the next Bullitt comes down the line along with the VIN. They are lazer etched into the Bullitt plate. The plates will be impossible to duplicate, but why is a trade secret."

Still mystifying. :confused:

mac88chp
01-22-2008, 06:11 PM
Forgot to add the IMBOC board discussion thread link to the above:

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150432

DJP55
01-22-2008, 07:07 PM
That information just doesn't jive with the facts of cars built at different consecutive times having non sequential numbers...as noted in that post. I have been in many assembly plants. I doubt Ford would add this layer of production complacation into the build. What if the operator made an error as the car came down the line...or quality of the plate was not to specs...they would have to stop the line to correct it. My guess is they were referring to the production of plates to apply to the strut brace. But those strut braces were simply in a bin near the line for installation on Bullitts...and installed in no particular order.

If car #2186 was built on 12/14/07...that is 218 built cars per day in 10 work days.....at that rate, production of 7700 units would have been done in 35 plant work days....about Feb 1st or so. Not exact science here...but....?????????????????/

mac88chp
01-22-2008, 07:36 PM
Your explanation makes more sense to me David.

What fun, I could end up with who knows what number. :dancingbanana:

ImEvil1
01-22-2008, 10:25 PM
Mike M.......I'm saying what was posted....PM to you !!!

When you get your car...take a mirror and slide it under the strut tower brace where the Plate is attached........!!!!

PM received....makes sense.

I'll do the mirror thing....IF THE CAR EVER GETS HERE. :bouncy:

1989 Tx DPS SSP
01-23-2008, 12:22 AM
Mike,I know how you feel . I didn't see it there this morning as they had 2 Transports of deliveries will check in the morning.

Tom

ImEvil1
01-23-2008, 12:33 AM
Mike,I know how you feel . I didn't see it there this morning as they had 2 Transports of deliveries will check in the morning.

Tom

Thanks Tom. I'm about to make a trip to the "Westfield" rail yard. :)

1989 Tx DPS SSP
01-23-2008, 12:41 AM
I think that is where the GM Branded stufffffffffffffff shows up:thumbsdown: but it may have changed in the last year or so .

Tom

mac88chp
02-24-2008, 04:13 PM
Woo-hoo! It was a good week for my Bullitt.,,,was built this past Tuesday and shipped the next day. By Friday AM, it was located 200 miles west of Flat Rock in beautiful New Buffalo, MI located on Lake Michigan and right at the Indiana border. Should be fun tracking it on its trek west...dealer says his system is showing a March 11 arrival date at his place.

The countdown begins....

ImEvil1
02-24-2008, 06:02 PM
The waiting is the hardest part. :)

mac88chp
02-24-2008, 08:40 PM
The waiting is the hardest part. :)The last week or so is the worst part! :whistlin:

mac88chp
03-02-2008, 02:50 AM
The railcar holding my Bullitt finally made it to the distribution center today, a couple of days late. Hopefully, it will find it's way onto a truck carrier and then down to my dealer in short order!

:) Getting closer......

NoDrama43
03-02-2008, 10:57 AM
I was working a couple nights ago and there was a transport driver dropping off two of them at the local dealership at 3 am. covered in salt, and dirt....parked them in the back lot. How many are they going to make and are the dealers going to make this another car that they try to make people pay above sticker price ?

ImEvil1
03-02-2008, 11:40 AM
Supposed to be a run of 7700. Dealers haven't had much luck putting ADMs on them, and you can take a look at the ones selling on eBay and see this. Most of them are going at or under MSRP. Dealers did "creatively" get orders for the first ones in for stock before alot of the retail orders (**real customers/collectors/enthusiasts**) were filled, and alot of the members over on IMBOC were pretty upset.

I'm really happy with my car, and I'm sure Mike C. will like his, too.

mac88chp
03-03-2008, 01:34 AM
I'm really happy with my car, and I'm sure Mike C. will like his, too.Like? Chit, I almost wet myself Saturday just sitting in the one my dealer now has! Seats, shifter and clutch all felt great, they are light years ahead of anything I've ever had in a Mustang. I can only image the smile I'll have plastered on my face once I actually get to drive one...MINE! :)

NoDrama43
03-03-2008, 01:39 AM
I really like my 07 GT. I have about 2500 miles on it now and plan on taking it to Barber for some track time next year at the show. I know mine is pretty quick with the 3.55's in it....so I know the 3.73's in the bullitts make it snappy. I am very impressed with the way the new cars run and handle.

mac88chp
03-05-2008, 02:31 AM
Well, what could be behind curtain #1?????

http://images31.fotki.com/v1098/photos/4/438439/5811223/P1010538-vi.jpg

It's here...Bullitt #2132 has arrived! :)

The dealer got a one hour heads up that the truck carrying my car was in route and that allowed me to book on down there in enough time to catch my car still tucked away in truck in the last out position. After it was unloaded, I spent the rest of the afternoon there in the vulture position as it was cleaned and prepped and I'm happy to report that no front bumper covers were hurt or otherwise mutilated by holes in the process!

The car was delivered with 1.3 miles on the clock and I added about a dozen more as I only had time today to drive it straight home (in rush hour traffic) and get a few more pictures done before it got dark. My limited driving experience tells me this is a very special car indeed and I can't wait to take it out for some proper driving evaluation this weekend. :D

So check out all the first day photos here:

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/my_other_mustangs/2008-bullitt-mustang/

ImEvil1
03-05-2008, 11:01 AM
Congrats, Mike. Great pics. :)

jarhed123
03-05-2008, 07:10 PM
Glad you finally got the car. It looks outstanding!! But one thing is true... The truck driver POPED its sherry :D .

mac88chp
03-05-2008, 07:44 PM
Congrats, Mike. Great pics. :)Thanks Mike, the Bullitt numbering weirdness is still present...mine is lower than yours delivered earlier. :headscratch:

SparkSVT
03-05-2008, 07:45 PM
very nice car Mike. Good luck with it. My question is, How does that truck turn? It looks like the trailer is right against the cab..

mac88chp
03-05-2008, 07:46 PM
Glad you finally got the car. It looks outstanding!! But one thing is true... The truck driver POPED its sherry :D .She was no virgin before getting into his truck...sombody else put 1.2999 miles on her clock! :D

Unmrkd
03-05-2008, 10:44 PM
She was no virgin before getting into his truck...sombody else put 1.2999 miles on her clock! :D

Hopefully not at redline.:eek:

Texaspony87
03-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Car looks great Michael, I'm happy for you! Noticed the birds marked it during the transport. Gotta love birds! :)

mac88chp
03-08-2008, 02:45 AM
Car looks great Michael, I'm happy for you! Noticed the birds marked it during the transport. Gotta love birds! :)
Thanks Joe! That be seagull guano you see. They nailed my car while it was (briefly) on the ground at the Ford depot in Benicia, CA...right on the bay. Cover! :eek: :D