PDA

View Full Version : CHP Mustang emergency lights

SparkSVT
01-22-2008, 12:04 AM
One of the members from .org made some pretty cool DVDs of Real Stories of the Highway Patrol. Im watching one that shows a CHP Mustang with the later lighting setup with the arrowstik and red-blue Federal Signal lights on the package shelf. They are chasing a car and I notice the only lights flashing on the Mustang are the blue lights and the last yellow on each side of the arrowstik. Seemed odd to me but thenI notice a second Mustang with the same flashing lights.. I would have thought the red and blues would flash alternately, not just the blue..I also never saw an arrowstik only flash the last two bulbs on each side like that.

SparkSVT
01-22-2008, 12:08 AM
one more thing..in another video they show a CHP Mustang with the earlier round lights on the package shelf chasing a car. It only has one yellow light steady burning in the window.

ImEvil1
01-22-2008, 12:30 AM
I bought a set from of them from Danielle, too. Good stuff. I actually still have a ton of them saved on my DVR, but I never figured out how to burn them (I think you need special software, plus I haven't really had the time to mess with it).

I think the steady amber you saw was a car with a flasher problem...Mike C. and I discussed it awhile back on org. The other flash pattern is great, too. Makes sense...the red and amber PARs never flashed together, either.