PDA

View Full Version : June 08 MCA Show in Columbus OH

DJP55
01-25-2008, 08:33 PM
There is an MCA National Show in Columbus OH June 20-22. They have a limit of 350 cars. I hope many of you will try to attend. If so, hurry to get your registration in. On Saturday night, we are having our customary SSP Mustang Owners Dinner. While the exact location is not definite yet, we will eat as a group. The past four have been a blast. All members are invited to attend. It is open to all SSP owners and their families at the show. Dinner and drinks are on me and we will have door prizes again. Looking forward to seeing you all again.

I am also going to go to the MCA Grand National in Park City UT...and hope to see some West Coast folks there. Hopefully I can arrange a dinner there too.

LINK: http://mustangclubofohio.com/2008%20Events/National%20Show/National%20Show.htm

NELSON
03-04-2008, 12:24 AM
Anyone planning to go that has not already posted on .ORG ????? Looks like there will be a great SSP showing.

bmt336
03-05-2008, 11:53 PM
I will be there, riding up with my buddy Todd from Birmingham.. See every then.....:thumbsup:

NELSON
03-30-2008, 10:54 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I am putting a list together of all the SSPs that will be there. I have gotten 11 cars so far. I have included phone numbers as well. This should give us a better chance or being able to enter the show together. If you are planning to go and would like to park as a group shoot me a PM with your info.

NoDrama43
03-31-2008, 02:56 AM
I will be there, riding up with my buddy Todd from Birmingham.. See every then.....:thumbsup:

Yo Bret.....glad you guys are driving up. 1363 will be done and in attendance. I will call you reference the parts shipment. ;)

1989 Tx DPS SSP
03-31-2008, 08:19 AM
Nelson,

Have you been in contact with the show President to see if you can park together? If not I would. Because do to it being an MCA National Show you will be scattered amounst the crowd depending on which Class they put you in. I ended up chasing David P., Darin. Neil and Jim D. around the National in Oklahoma last year.

Tom

bmt336
03-31-2008, 10:47 AM
Hey, great news on 1363. We aren't going to be in the host hotel, but will be in a Springhill I think nearby. We are going up on Thursday, looking forward to seeing everyone there, even though I am ssp-less.
Bret

NELSON
03-31-2008, 11:32 AM
The mosr recent information that we have is that we will be able to part together if we arrive together. I do not know exactly what this means as the show is at the host hotel. I am putting the list together so that we can all be in contact and try our best to get everyone registered at the same time. I am hoping that they may mark us off a block of spaces if I can give them a number. I know it is a slim chance but it is possible.

NELSON
06-04-2008, 10:16 PM
I just wanted to update and inform anyone that was planning to go. I have a list right now of 12 SSPs and owners that are planning to attend. I also have a few that will be in attendance without their cars. We are planning to get registered together at noon on Friday. Hope to see some of you at the show.

NoDrama43
06-10-2008, 12:10 AM
post the list of attendees and the cars they are bringing ??

NELSON
06-10-2008, 10:16 PM
Right now I have 12 people. We will have cars from Kentucky, California, Texas, Indiana, Nebraska, Oregon, Georgia, Florida, Michigan, and Missouri. I am sure there will be other cars there but none that I have info on.

NoDrama43
06-11-2008, 12:54 AM
post the list of attendees and the cars they are bringing ??

:headscratch:

NoDrama43
06-12-2008, 12:00 AM
Ok here is the list........:yes:

Chris Nelson "Nelson"
David Philipkoski "DJP55"
Lisa Sams "MustangCrazy"
Brain Sams "Mustang Crazy"
Chris Shaw "M200pilot"
Aaron Steiner "1988Bullitt"
Bruce Howard "evocbruce"
Gregg Henderson "UNMRKD"
Joe Horvath "Texaspony87"
Ron Mahoy "The other CHiPs"
Budd Frankenfield "Bluestang311"
George Tresider "PoliceSSP"
Mike Riley "SSPMustang"
Russell Stubock "Stubes"
Brett Traywick

NoDrama43
06-19-2008, 10:38 PM
ready to hit the road.....I need to get an enclosed trailer !!!!! :yes:

NELSON
06-19-2008, 11:25 PM
Car looks good. We are heading out in the morning, planning to arrive around 11:00 and register at noon. See you there.

NoDrama43
06-21-2008, 01:16 PM
Sitting here in the shade on a beautifull day watching all the scenery. There are 11 SS Mustangs in attendance. Here are some pictures for your enjoyment.

judges are here to judge 9067 so I will return later...

ImEvil1
06-21-2008, 01:20 PM
Great pics Jim!

Copcars
06-21-2008, 01:21 PM
Jim, all the cars look great!

Thanks for the pictures.

Charles

PoliceSSP
06-21-2008, 02:22 PM
Great pictures Jim. Looks like your having good weather. Just makes me wish I could have made it. Thanks for the look see Jim.

FHP813
06-21-2008, 03:54 PM
Nice pics, thanks for sharing.

jarhed123
06-21-2008, 03:59 PM
Very nice pics.

NoDrama43
06-21-2008, 06:06 PM
here is the list of all who attended with their SSP cars.

My CHP SSP
TEXASPONY TX SSP
UNMRKD MO SSP
CHIPS IN SSP
M200PILOT OR SSP
1988BULLITT TX SSP
MUSTANGCRAZY GA & FL SSP's
NELSON KY SSP
EVOCBRUCE MI SSP
David Philipkoski CHP SSP

Here is the video of the decklights (thanks for hosting it Mike):

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm315/imevil1/th_reardecks.jpg (http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm315/imevil1/?action=view&current=reardecks.flv)

ImEvil1
06-21-2008, 06:47 PM
Nice vid, Jim (and no problem on the hosting).

NoDrama43
06-23-2008, 12:12 AM
EvocBruce 1992 Michigan SP car. 3rd place award ocasional driven -trailered.

Mustang Crazy 1991 GSP car. 1st place award ocasional driven class.

Nodrama 1992 CHP Concours trailered class.......... GOLD :)

ImEvil1
06-23-2008, 01:07 AM
Congrats to all, wish I could have been there.

Way to go on the GOLD Concours award, Jim. You did a jam-up job restoring that car and it's nice to see you get the recognition that you deserve. Way to represent .NET as well. :thumbsup:

86NeSSP
06-23-2008, 07:22 AM
Nice pictures!

FHP813
06-23-2008, 09:44 AM
Congrats to all, wish I could have been there.

Way to go on the GOLD Concours award, Jim. You did a jam-up job restoring that car and it's nice to see you get the recognition that you deserve. Way to represent .NET as well. :thumbsup:

What Mike said, That is the slickest CHP stang I've ever laid my eyes on. Congrats to the other winners as well.

86NeSSP
06-23-2008, 11:08 AM
That light pattern is pretty good! Again, love the new car.

mac88chp
06-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Great turnout and looks like a fun time was had by all. Big congrats to all the award winners too...MCA events are judged TOUGH! :2thumbs:

NoDrama43
06-23-2008, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the compliments guys. It is always nice when people express appreciation for all the hard work that goes into our cars. I have never really been all that excited about the judging and frankly I wouldn't care if they didn't judge it at all but it's nice when the effort is recognised.

MCA does judge pretty tough especially if you trailer your car to the show. Driven cars are always a little easier to judge as they are not as strict on certain aspects of the car. I lost a few points due to condensation corrosion issues under the hood but by this winter I will have the shop climate controlled and that will put an end to those problems.

The judges that judged my car told me that it was the nicest fox mustang with 168,000 miles they had ever seen :). I can't wait to hear what they say when they see the 82 CHP car with 400,000 on the clock. :eek:

In attendance at this show were some fantastic examples of SSP cars. I finally got to see Joe Horvath's 87 Texas car which is incredible and probably the most documented in service SSP car in existence today. EvocBruce was there with his Michigan car too and it just doesnt get any better than that car as far as I am concerned. Nelson's KY car (rare, rare, rare) and all the others really looked good and its obvious the popularity in these cars is growing. As is usually the case the conversations with show-goers was non-stop about the history of the cars. Having 11 cars at the show was a positive influence for our hobby.

The local MCA club did a super job putting on the show. All in all it was a great show with great weather, low humidity and tons of people looking at the cars. It is always great to meet people so that you can put a face with a screen name (like "STUBES"). It was great hanging out with the Mahoys, Hendersons, Howards, Todd (and lady friend), Bret and everyone else. I am looking forward to the next show for me which is the 45th in Alabama. It is shaping up to be a huge event. Here is a group photo of the cars.

NELSON
06-23-2008, 04:18 PM
Had a great time at the show!! Like Jim said, it is always good to put names and faces together. We had 11 great cars and around 30 great people.

The judges were tough, but the company was fantastic. It is great to see so many people brought together through one hobby.

Jim congrats on your award. The pics of the car do not do it justice. Here are a few more shots from the show.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r89/HateJohnHammond/Ohio%20Show/DSC03296.jpg
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r89/HateJohnHammond/Ohio%20Show/DSC03298.jpg
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r89/HateJohnHammond/Ohio%20Show/DSC03305.jpg
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r89/HateJohnHammond/Ohio%20Show/DSC03318.jpg

SEE YOU IN ALABAMA!!!!!

Texaspony87
06-23-2008, 09:29 PM
Thank you Jim for the nice words, I appreciate it. It was good to see you again and I am glad we could all get together. As you said, all the cars were fine examples of what we are all about. Being with friends is all the reward I need! :)

jarhed123
06-23-2008, 11:25 PM
Congrats. to all the winners and Jim for the Gold. It really shows how hard all of you worked to get your cars in such great shape.

Unmrkd
06-25-2008, 09:48 AM
The show was outstanding. As Jim mentioned earlier, there were just unceasing questions about all the cars. That afforded the opportunity to cultivate and generate the SSP hobby bug to a great number of folks.

The fellowship was terrific, for me that is the best part of the whole deal. We had a great variety of states represented and the SSP cars generated a ton of attention. Can't wait till Birmingham - hope to see a bunch of you and your cars there.:2thumbs: