PDA

View Full Version : Driving the '82

chp1982
02-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Well driving it around the block anyway! After getting the carb rebuilt, putting a new starter in, starter selonoid, and battery, she fired right up. This did take 2 weekends worth of trouble shooting and I am convinced that it was the battery keeping the car from starting all along but 75 bucks later I have a couple more parts that probably could have used replacing anyway.
The car drove and shifted very well, granted it was a very short drive since the tires are beyond shot and the vacuum system needs some attention.
On the priority list now are finding out where some of these vacuum hoses go, and getting the correct tires (Good Year or BF Goodrich??) , fluids, hoses, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, then some interior work. More pictures are coming, I was just too concerned with making sure the car wasn't going to catch fire yesterday! I have since added the correct spot lights and hub caps.

http://public.fotki.com/jlehma13/1982-ssp-chp-mustang/

ImEvil1
02-10-2008, 11:28 AM
Nice pics. :)

OE tires were the BF Goodrich, but I don't think we'll ever find any in good enough shape to drive on.

NoDrama43
02-10-2008, 04:39 PM
I guess I was off in outer space when this car surfaced. amazing that it is still black and white and complete. glad to see you got it and hopefully it will get a nice restoration !! congrats:2thumbs:

TR1
02-12-2008, 01:08 AM
I'm glad it has found a good home.:yes: And NODRAMA.. I have another one if your looking for one.