PDA

View Full Version : 45th Anniversary Show at Barber Motorsports Park

1989 Tx DPS SSP
02-21-2008, 10:49 AM
OK gang here is some info. When I was at our local Mustang Club meeting this past Sunday, one of our members is on the MCA Board of Directors. In talking with him about the upcoming show at Barber. He remembers our impact on the Cruise into town that evening. I said that that is something we enjoy doing. He said he would be in contact with the Show Chairman the following day to discuss some Show business one of which included us helping out once again. He put my name as contact person for us and infomed me to contact the Show Chairman and discuss somethings. They are in the process of negotiations on the cruise location possibly being the same town, as they want MCA back with open arms witheven more spaces to park. I said that we would love to help out with cruise and anything else they needed. He said this time thay may be limited to the amount of cars (1000) not including SSP's that can be in the cruise do to the magnatude of the show (4000 + cars) He said he would like to space the SSP's out amungst the cruise line to keep everyone together for better Traffic Control. Since this is not a formal MCA Show, WE WILL be able to park together but he insisted we will have to come in together. So we will have to cordinate that when time comes around. I will possibly be making a trip to Dallas in March to meet him at an MCA Directors Meeting and later in July to Alabama for some planning. So things are starting to happen already for us. I will be posting this on both sites as we are in this Hobby together. So let try and get as many Members as possible and take over the Irondale Holiday Inn Express. More to come. :2thumbs:

Tom Mallette

FHP813
02-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Hopefully I will make this one.

bmt336
02-21-2008, 07:08 PM
I will be there, whether or not I have an SSP.
Bret

ImEvil1
02-21-2008, 07:50 PM
Same here.....nice work Tom. :yes:

NoDrama43
02-21-2008, 07:51 PM
I am planning on it, but not sure what I will bring. I would like to get some track time with the 07 so probably it and an SSP or two.

jarhed123
02-21-2008, 08:39 PM
I will try hard to make it.

NoDrama43
06-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Sounds like a big event in the works. I plan on being there with the 07 GT and a few special service mustangs. Hoping to get in some track time every day and besides it will still be under warranty right?? :2thumbs:

For those that need to make hotel reservations I would start now. I found several new hotels within 15 minutes of the facility that are under 90.00 per night for two double beds.

But remember Alabama has a 14% hotel tax :eek: . That makes your great deal :rolleyes: .......not so great.

When you make your reservation, make sure they email you a rate confirmation so they cant change it later.

5pt0Joe
06-03-2008, 11:16 PM
Unless gas becomes $20 a gallon, I'm hoping to take the trip from NH... I am thinking of joining the Mustangs Across America group in Bossier City and driving into the area in a several hundred Mustang convoy... Probably trailer it down to drive around and keep the mileage semi-low...

NELSON
06-04-2008, 01:15 AM
The Irondale will be taken over. I have already got the reservations and plans in the works. Thanks for the work you are putting into it. We should have a great turn out.

xxtrpr
06-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Hope to make it this time hard to believe the 40th seems like yesterday.. Had great time there with the FHP wish i still had it. I'm planning on driving the KHP down if people along the east coast want to convoy..

Unmrkd
08-30-2008, 08:42 AM
Bonnie and I just received our show registration confirmation letter. We are #'s 333 & 334. If your planning on going and have not sent yours in yet it's time to hop on it!:yes:

Mustang Crazy
12-01-2008, 06:39 PM
The judged class and the Thursday night cruise is now FULL.

xxtrpr
12-30-2008, 09:58 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't know what people think i was thinking instead of the lonely trip i did to the 40th. Maybe the people along eastcoast can meet up along the way only one warning i'm not one that stops often i drove from 40th 19 hours only gas and bathroom breaks and i was sun burned to death!! Maybe David,Peter and i can start together up here and meetup with people on the way down i know of a few people in PA sorry if i don't know everybody i don't get on here much. The Gouldy's the Sam's and whomever else would like to join think it would be great to have company and help if needed. WHAT you people think??