PDA

View Full Version : CHP5305 and the bumps in the road to completion

SparkSVT
02-25-2008, 08:15 PM
I took pictures of the car today. Its in the detail shop getting the new paint wetsanded and buffed. Its looking ugly with the dull wetsanded finish. When they get done it then goes itno the shop that installs the decals. I haven't been doing much to the car and have been struggling. I caught a stomach flu and took a presription medicine calleed Compazine to try to settle the nausea. Well it turns out I took WAY too much and had massive side effects which came in the nightmare of extreme anxiety and muscle fatigue. I literally felt like I was losing my mind and was terrified. I went to the hospital and was given Benadryl to counter act the reaction and it worked. During the Flu i went off of my normal anti-depressant (see what Police work does to you?-antidepressants..) for over 8 days. This sent me in the most terrifiying and deepest depression I have ever experienced. I talked to my family Dr who is 80+ years old a WWII vet and one of the best guys ever. He says I will pull through this and even calls me on the phone. He said the flu, stopping my antidepressant and the overdose of Compazine was "the perfect storm" of events to send me into oblivion and shocked my system. He gave me .5 mg Ativan pills to help with the anxiety while I get back on track.

I am back on the antidepressant for the last 7-9 days now and each day things seem to improve. I have never prayed so much in my life.Im far from back to normal, but im hopefuly on my way. Depression is a monster and during the darkest hours of it I could have cared less about the Mustang and would have traded it for normalcy in a minute. Today I was at the shop taking pictures so I guess thats a good sign. This car will be done and ready for the spring summer shows. I know im giving to much information here but it helps to talk about it right now. I will pull through this but If you asked me this 3 days ago I would have siad I was done.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/SparkSVT/100_1030.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/SparkSVT/100_1029.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/SparkSVT/100_1032.jpg

ImEvil1
02-25-2008, 09:21 PM
Glad you're feeling better, bro. Car will be sweet when it's finished.:yes:

jarhed123
02-25-2008, 11:26 PM
Glad you feel better and better with every passing day. Soon you'll be up and about and taking the car from show to show and winning because it is looking great.

SparkSVT
02-25-2008, 11:56 PM
Glad you feel better and better with every passing day. Soon you'll be up and about and taking the car from show to show and winning because it is looking great.

thanks. It was a total shock for me to get that depressed. I had VERY VERY mild depression and took the medicine for 5 years and was 100% fine. I go off the med , overdose accidently on Compazine and get a flu,and fall into the worst depression / anxiety one could imagine. The whole thing is crazy. I do however feel alot better and think the medicine is getting me back to normal, hopefully very soon.

86NeSSP
02-26-2008, 08:22 AM
Glad you are feeling better and the car will come out fantastic. It will help to see a finished product.

Have a good one.

Matt

Mustang Crazy
02-26-2008, 04:57 PM
Glad your feeling better Chris!!!

w4ata
02-26-2008, 05:04 PM
Glad your feeling better Chris, your car is looking great! Lots of work but very rewarding.:) :yes: