Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   Show Info (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Mustang 50th Anniversary (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5080)

MOstang 04-19-2014 11:04 PM

Awesome job, Jim and nice to finally meet you Mick.

kapracing 04-19-2014 11:54 PM

I also enjoyed meeting everyone! It's really great to now be able to put faces with user names. This has to be my favorite show of all time... Hope to have more like this one:D everyone have a safe trip home and a blessed Easter Sunday ;)

John10608 04-20-2014 02:03 AM

LOLOL That is funny ! Thanks for posting Ken ! I haven't seen it or gotten the link from the reporter yet, you guys rock !

Get this............... I was just leaving the speedway this afternoon, so on my way out the back way, I pulled into the Richard Petty driving School area. I was ther last mustang allowed to line up and do hot laps around Las Vegas Speedway !!!! What a KICK ! I can't tell you how fun that was !

I got to do about 12 laps total. Code 3, even using the siren now and then LOLOL I was able to get to 102 without passing ( passing was not allowed on the track ) You talk about fun !!!

Once in a lifetime on that ! They thanked all of us for coming when we were exiting the track. I can not believe it.

Of course leaving the pits, I had to burn out and get sideways etc lololol

I was not prepared, no camera or GoPro. I am hoping 2 contacts that did take pictures will email me those that they took.
What a rush !!!

Once I get home, I'll post a few pictures of the event here.
Thanks for posting that article and video !

Thanks for the congrats on getting Married also ! It's been fun here !
I am still on a high from driving around the speedway, I can't sleep LOLOL

Thanks you guys !!

NoDrama43 04-20-2014 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoxChassis (Post 45690)
Made out to the Charlotte show Saturday morning. What a rainy cold mess it was. Had to drop a part off to a friend that is restoring an FHP and then we walked the inside for a couple of hours. Only ones I got to meet in person were Sarge and his son Eric(sp?), but hope to see more tonight at the dinner.

Good job on the cruise, with so many cars raising so much money for the Wounded Warrior Family Support.

Some know and some do not, but I almost did not make it to the show at all this weekend. I found out Monday night that I had a kidney stone but I was able to pass it in time to go.

Mick those kidney stones are a pain for sure. Glad you are feeling better as I am sure the crappy weather didn't help any.

John a GO-PRO on the passenger side head rest is a must have for those types of events. Glad you got to partake in track event.

chp1982 04-20-2014 09:21 PM

The youtube clip was marked private. Would like to see that. We were there on Friday and saw one blk/wht with red interior SSP and Aaron's AL car. We left as right before the rain moved in.

Please post some pics/videos!

kapracing 04-20-2014 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chp1982 (Post 45707)
The youtube clip was marked private. Would like to see that. We were there on Friday and saw one blk/wht with red interior SSP and Aaron's AL car. We left as right before the rain moved in.

Please post some pics/videos!

Jon,
First sorry to miss you...
Second that was David Matthews AL DPS. One on the original carport cars ( no he was not the owner back then)...

Third I'm having the same problem with clip...

cbrajt1 04-20-2014 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E435300_SMPV (Post 45682)

Great video from USAToday, congrats on everyone enjoying themselves during the 50th, keep the pics and videos coming...only marked SSP in Vegas, WOW!!!

mac88chp 04-20-2014 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John10608 (Post 45698)
LOLOL That is funny ! Thanks for posting Ken ! I haven't seen it or gotten the link from the reporter yet, you guys rock !

Get this............... I was just leaving the speedway this afternoon, so on my way out the back way, I pulled into the Richard Petty driving School area. I was ther last mustang allowed to line up and do hot laps around Las Vegas Speedway !!!! What a KICK ! I can't tell you how fun that was !

I got to do about 12 laps total. Code 3, even using the siren now and then LOLOL I was able to get to 102 without passing ( passing was not allowed on the track ) You talk about fun !!!

Once in a lifetime on that ! They thanked all of us for coming when we were exiting the track. I can not believe it.

Of course leaving the pits, I had to burn out and get sideways etc lololol

I was not prepared, no camera or GoPro. I am hoping 2 contacts that did take pictures will email me those that they took.
What a rush !!!

Once I get home, I'll post a few pictures of the event here.
Thanks for posting that article and video !

Thanks for the congrats on getting Married also ! It's been fun here !
I am still on a high from driving around the speedway, I can't sleep LOLOL

Thanks you guys !!

Wow, wish we could have gotten in on some of that action! Sorry we missed you yesterday at the track John. We waited around for the organizers to get their act together enough to put on the last-minute announced parade laps. But we ran out of steam before that happened and decided to retreat back to the hotel for the rest of the day.

28HopUp 04-21-2014 04:03 PM

Despite the iffy weather in NC, it sounds like both shows were a blast. I hope the attendees can post up more photos once they get caught up on their rest after a busy weekend. :)

Sarge 04-23-2014 12:44 AM

Mustang 50th Anniversary Charlotte

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a few pics at Charlotte.