Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   Show Info (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Mustang 50th Anniversary (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5080)

kapracing 11-21-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chp1982 (Post 43329)
Me too! Just a few more odds and ends and #0327 will be ready for the trip. Hopefully we can get a caravan going from Atl.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nighthawk756 (Post 43330)
Hopefully! I'll be traveling with a group of about 10 mustangs and we're hoping to grab Bobby on the way. So maybe we can snag you too!! :D

Sounds like a good plan to me :-)

John Connor 12-02-2013 10:09 PM

Well put in for the vaction time today and paid registration fee! We normal can't put in for vacation this far out! But since it involves money the boss said ok. Now to book a room.

nighthawk756 12-03-2013 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Connor (Post 43464)
Well put in for the vaction time today and paid registration fee! We normal can't put in for vacation this far out! But since it involves money the boss said ok. Now to book a room.

Good to hear!! ;)

John Connor 12-03-2013 08:42 PM

Room booked for 5 nights at the Suburban Extended Stay. My membership in the Farm Bureau helped on the rate!
On another note picked up the what I needed to start the body work today.

coupe 12-09-2013 10:42 AM

I'm going to try to make this event... depends whether or not I can get some extra vacation time (I'm using several days in January).

kapracing 12-09-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coupe (Post 43545)
I'm going to try to make this event... depends whether or not I can get some extra vacation time (I'm using several days in January).

Good to hear. Hope it works out :-)

bmt336 02-26-2014 01:09 AM

Been a while since a post. Everyone still planning on attending one of the shows? I'll be in Charlotte. Going up into Tennessee the Sunday before and driving back down toward Charlotte via 3 days on the Blue Ridge Parkway/Tail of the Dragon with a bunch of Shelby guys. I will be easy to spot, look for my black Firebird Formula 'vert. But will be fun. Then back over to Birmingham following my buddy Todd to hang out there a couple of days. Hope to see some folks there. Have to go touch base with the guys at the ford dealership. They were real kind in 2007, hopefully they will be again in August....

NoDrama43 03-02-2014 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nighthawk756 (Post 43319)
Wow........

yeh....wow....

NoDrama43 03-02-2014 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmt336 (Post 44611)
Been a while since a post. Everyone still planning on attending one of the shows? I'll be in Charlotte. Going up into Tennessee the Sunday before and driving back down toward Charlotte via 3 days on the Blue Ridge Parkway/Tail of the Dragon with a bunch of Shelby guys. I will be easy to spot, look for my black Firebird Formula 'vert. But will be fun. Then back over to Birmingham following my buddy Todd to hang out there a couple of days. Hope to see some folks there. Have to go touch base with the guys at the ford dealership. They were real kind in 2007, hopefully they will be again in August....

the snapper says hello. :)

nighthawk756 03-02-2014 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoDrama43 (Post 44655)
yeh....wow....

Just seemed to be condemning of Charlotte but also pretty vague so I wasn't sure how to take it. Is there something about Charlotte that those of us going need to know?

NoDrama43 03-02-2014 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nighthawk756 (Post 44659)
Just seemed to be condemning of Charlotte but also pretty vague so I wasn't sure how to take it. Is there something about Charlotte that those of us going need to know?

Not a condemning of Charlotte at all. I am sure it will be a blast.

nighthawk756 03-02-2014 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoDrama43 (Post 44660)
Not a condemning of Charlotte at all. I am sure it will be a blast.

Ahh ok, I just misunderstood then. Don't mind me, just passing through! Haha :D

kapracing 03-07-2014 05:43 PM

Getting Closer...

kapracing 03-17-2014 09:21 AM

Who all from .net will be attending Charlotte?

nighthawk756 03-17-2014 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapracing (Post 44939)
Who all from .net will be attending Charlotte?

Count me in! :D

28HopUp 03-17-2014 09:39 AM

Despite my strong desire to attend, it is just not possible for me or the family to go to Charlotte. :No no: I am sure there will be plenty of pictures, so have fun everyone. :)

nighthawk756 03-17-2014 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 28HopUp (Post 44942)
Despite my strong desire to attend, it is just not possible for me or the family to go to Charlotte. :No no: I am sure there will be plenty of pictures, so have fun everyone. :)

I hate to hear it Bill but I understand. Was hoping to meet you, but we will down the road at some point!

dpburnett 03-24-2014 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 28HopUp (Post 44942)

Same from me Bill. I was keen to meet you in person and to thank you for your advice and help with my search for a car.

Dave

cbrajt1 03-24-2014 03:35 PM

you guys are all killing me here, Charlotte, Vegas, while I sit up here in Ontario Canada starring at the snow wishing I could attend, but Charlotte is 1400 miles and Vegas 4100, so flying would be one option, but i guess I'll just look for all the pics you guys will post later :D

MOstang 03-24-2014 06:56 PM

Rob - You could take one day to drive into Motown and then a day caravan with me down to Charlotte :). We'd be one heck of a sight to see :thumbsup:. Registration is back open, LOL.

Andy 03-29-2014 10:54 PM

What I Know about Vegas

I Know about Las Vegas
we have driven to and through Las Vegas stayed
In and just outside of Las Vegas many times since 1989
and have attended a annual car event on Fremont Street till the event
moved to Reno and then out of the State of Nevada
I know about the Charlotte show, but i know nothing about Charlotte!
Vegas is the only place I Know
If someone wants to start a Charlotte event thread related to
the lay of the land and what to expect....that would be good!
About Las Vegas! we may or may not be attending because of a conflict
with the date, but every attempt to attend is in the works.
con artist, pick pockets and off the strip robbery's are common place
Not registering for event (not sure we can go)
means we will be forced to stay off site
and maybe in a nearby city (still good) but you should be aware
of the dangers of the Down Town area.
You will see a large Police Presence in the down town area
and allot that you will not see.
Men get out those 80's fanny packs because you will want to have your
valuables attached to and in front of you
also have a secondary zipper lock and a secondary
attaching point because they (the bad guys) will be working as a team
click and rip!
wife and or girl friend or both (this is Vegas)
NO over the shoulder Bags!
Slot machines are everywhere (even at the airport)
The hotel you are staying at will offer all kinds a perks to keep you
and your money at their hotel.
Some areas of Vegas allows open containers (drinking on the street)
so expect drunks all about!
Stay with and in your group. Most all this Heads Up stuff applies
primarily to after dark because
that is when Vegas pops and the your attention will be
distracted by the light's and sounds. The bad guys (and girls) are
professionals at their trade and they will spot a tourist.
Some of the smaller town's that are a short drive from Vegas like
Henderson and Boulder City are good alternatives to Down Town.
LV is just like any other large town USA
Wall-mart and fast food what not's like any town USA
allot a pawn shops, Elvis impersonators And car stuff!
Be safe and and have fun!
"What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas."
and you want to return home safe.

Andy 03-31-2014 12:16 AM

And what ever you do
DO NOT have eye contact with OR
talk to the
Barrel Monster
http://i60.tinypic.com/358pj68.jpg

chp1982 03-31-2014 09:32 AM

Is there any sort of breakdown by day, who is attending the Charlotte show? I was shooting for Saturday but will only be able to attend on Friday as of right now. Hopefully there's a good showing.

bmt336 04-01-2014 11:47 PM

I am getting into Charlotte on Wednesday with my buddies Todd and Frank. Not in main hotel but one next door. Will stay until Sunday afternoon. I will be easy to spot, most very likely the only Firebird Formula convertible. If you see more than one, mine is black...lol.

28HopUp 04-02-2014 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 45199)
And what ever you do
DO NOT have eye contact with OR
talk to the Barrel Monster

http://i60.tinypic.com/358pj68.jpg

Nice one, Andy! :D

cbrajt1 04-05-2014 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOstang (Post 45051)
Rob - You could take one day to drive into Motown and then a day caravan with me down to Charlotte :). We'd be one heck of a sight to see :thumbsup:. Registration is back open, LOL.

As good as the offer sounds Mike, unfortunately I'm out, even after the generous offer from CHP, can't make it, I'm sure all .net guys and gals will take tons of pics for me

FoxChassis 04-14-2014 08:37 AM

Well, the week is upon us. I have Friday off from work so I might head to Charlotte that afternoon (staying about 20 minutes from the track at in-laws house). Not sure I'll be going to the show on Friday though. Probably Saturday for most of the day, we'll see about that though as I'll have my wife and son with me. Maybe Sunday too, not sure yet. If anybody from here wants to get up with me at the show send me a PM and we'll exchange numbers.

kapracing 04-14-2014 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoxChassis (Post 45551)
Well, the week is upon us. I have Friday off from work so I might head to Charlotte that afternoon (staying about 20 minutes from the track at in-laws house). Not sure I'll be going to the show on Friday though. Probably Saturday for most of the day, we'll see about that though as I'll have my wife and son with me. Maybe Sunday too, not sure yet. If anybody from here wants to get up with me at the show send me a PM and we'll exchange numbers.

PM sent

John10608 04-14-2014 09:41 PM

We are just leaving for vegas ! Car is trailered and heading out. 12 hour drive, but a fun road trip !

For all of those that are going to either Vegas or Charlotte, Have fun !
Get lots of pictures ! And Drive Safe !!

Should be for a fun time.

Have fun, will talk to everyone later.
John

mac88chp 04-14-2014 11:42 PM

Have a safe trip John and we'll see you there!

We're gearing up now to head out early Wednesday morning but there's been a last minute change up in plans. Due to multiple circumstances, we've decided the CHP car is best left home so the '08 Bullitt is getting called up for road trip duty. Still hugely excited about attending the event and also in having a nice, relaxing vacation in the desert and we can't wait to hit the road!

dpburnett 04-15-2014 11:13 PM

We got into Charlotte late last night / early this morning and checked into the hotel. We found a few signs and posters up about the show, but a quick drive around tonight after dinner turned up a strong mustang showing in the various car parks.

My 9 year old daughter even figured out the difference between a late model Shelby and a Saleen - I couldn't be prouder!

Sarge 04-16-2014 02:20 AM

Charlotte

Good Morning !
I'm up at o dark thirty packing my seabag for Charlotte.
Will be departing Philly late evening Wednesday night
Expect to arrive Charlotte mid morning, Anyone heading
down from the New England - Mid Atlantic area ?
Has anyone formed a members meet-up area?

dpburnett 04-16-2014 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarge (Post 45587)
Good Morning !
I'm up at o dark thirty packing my seabag for Charlotte.
Will be departing Philly late evening Wednesday night
Expect to arrive Charlotte mid morning, Anyone heading
down from the New England - Mid Atlantic area ?
Has anyone formed a members meet-up area?

I was just going to head fore the M.O.R.E. area.

Just picked up my pass and goodies bag. Big line up but really easy. A GSP with Georgia plates (PIF8943) was in the parking area. My first SSP in the flesh!

kapracing 04-16-2014 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpburnett (Post 45603)
I was just going to head fore the M.O.R.E. area.

Just picked up my pass and goodies bag. Big line up but really easy. A GSP with Georgia plates (PIF8943) was in the parking area. My first SSP in the flesh!

That'd been mine :cool:

chp1982 04-17-2014 12:27 PM

Heading to Charlotte tomorrow morning. Due to some unforeseen last minute events that took place I am not bringing the SSP. I will be in my '92 conv't though. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

damon23 04-17-2014 06:22 PM

I'll be leaving in the morning myself. Around 4am to be exact. Leaving from Douglasville. I'll be in my 89 Almond convertible.

kapracing 04-17-2014 06:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Be safe ,
We've got a pretty good crowd building so far :yes:

87TXDPS 04-17-2014 07:39 PM

Bobby nice pic, Wife and I will be flyin in Sat. morning, headed straight to speedway. Will SSP Net gang be together? Where?

kapracing 04-17-2014 07:53 PM

.net & .org group are together in front of the main entrance to speed way (across from gate 5 entrance).

kapracing 04-18-2014 08:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
SSP's lined up for cruise :cool:

I'm sure glad we got regulated to the front!!!!

I'd had to sit this one out if not ! LOL