Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   Restoration-related Equipment Tech (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   10 hole wheels machined polished (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2973)

stadair 02-25-2011 10:05 AM

Looks good to ME!

MOstang 04-23-2011 09:09 AM

Had the re-machined 10 hole wheels installed on the MSHP SSP yesterday. Will get some decent pics to post as soon as possible. Makes a big difference. Spring weather has been very bad here so far.

CNTLOSE 04-23-2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOstang (Post 25338)
Had the re-machined 10 hole wheels installed on the MSHP SSP yesterday. Will get some decent pics to post as soon as possible. Makes a big difference. Spring weather has been very bad here so far.

No kidding...I am getting ready to build an Ark.

I bought an extra set of 10 holes for $30 that I was going to have redone for the TX car. If we end up keeping her I may go ahead and get them done. Mike post some before and after pics when you get a chance.

MOstang 04-30-2011 04:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here you go! A before and an after photo of taken of the driver side front wheel. Big improvement if I do say so myself. :thumbsup:

EXNODRAMANOTCH 04-30-2011 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOstang (Post 25582)
Here you go! A before and an after photo of taken of the driver side front wheel. Big improvement if I do say so myself. :thumbsup:

Looks great Mike! I just put some 5,600 mile center caps on my SSP today.:)

ssp91ssp 04-30-2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

Big improvement if I do say so myself. :thumbsup:

OHHHHHH YEAH !! lookin good Mike! They put a nice finish on them!:2thumbs:

NoDrama43 04-30-2011 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbe2598 (Post 22269)
NOS wheels are going for $300.00 EACH.

Jim I am interested in the NOS wheels for 300.00 each. Can you post up the info on who I can contact to get them?

thanks

stadair 05-02-2011 10:19 PM

Lookin' real clean Mike!

MOstang 06-29-2012 09:23 PM

I took two more of my extras (10 hole wheels) to get re-machined by Keystone (or LKQ as they seem to also be going by). $85 each so I'm pretty pleased with that amount. One of them will go in the MSHP and the other for the MSP will allow me to keep the period correct tire mounted on the spare that is in there now, but pull it and put this other one in there with a regular driver tire in case I have any tire issues on the road and need to use the spare.

John10608 06-29-2012 11:40 PM

Be careful on the powder coating ! To get clear powder coat to stick well on these wheels they have to sandblast them.
Which removes the poliched look, and it pits them bad, not smooth.

I am doing my wheels now. I called around on powder coating, and they all said they had to blast them. NOT happening !

Sam's ( mustang kid ) Dad, Chris, gave me the following.....

WalMart, get some AIRCRAFT REMOVER spray cans, around $7.00 a can or so. Will need 1 to 2 per wheel.

It removes the clear on these wheels well. A little scrubbing and the clear comes off. You have to let it sit on there a bit, test it.
I had an extra wheel and used it as a sample. Works well.

The finish is very nice, smooth and clean ( unless you have curb rash )
Once cleaned, get a clear automotive finish at an automotive paint store.
They can help you with the correct stuff.
You can spray it yourself, or have a buddy that paints do it.
I'm just doing the outsides. Scrubbing and cleaning the insides is all.

They look like they came from the factory that way. Avoid powder coating if you want an original look !

Beats $130.00 a wheel !!
john