Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   Special Service Mustangs For Sale (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   1993 SSP (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1809)

NoDrama43 04-26-2009 08:58 AM

uhhh....there is nothing "unethical" about changing your mind and deciding you don't want to sell your car. If I am selling a car and the potential buyer has cash in hand and tells me he is dropping an LS1 in it I can assure you he won't be buying the car.

and the reason I would say to him for deciding not to sell it to HIM SPECIFICALLY is because I don't want the car to end up like that. Everyone needs to stop trying to make excuses as to whyyyyyy the dealers keep flipping this car. It is about the $$$$.

This car needs a good home but the price is so far out of wack now that I doubt it ever happens.

Charlie 04-26-2009 11:42 AM

This is what I meant when I said the car is not SERIOUSLY for sale. The seller may not see that yet. The 91 Santa Clara IS a car seriously for sale, get it?

5pt0Joe 04-26-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie (Post 13448)
This is what I meant when I said the car is not SERIOUSLY for sale. The seller may not see that yet. The 91 Santa Clara IS a car seriously for sale, get it?

Ah yes! You had a much simpler way of putting it now that I got it!

Also, as far as ethical or not, what I mean is that it is unethical to not sell someone a car "just because" of a person having purple hair, green teeth, etc... That is about the person. When it comes to about the car (i.e. turn it into a ricer), than I would object to the sale as well if the car meant a lot to me. I've made out quite well buying Mustangs from people who are certain that I want to keep the car to a stock standard. That's what I was trying to get at... sorry for it being late last night and I might not have been as clear as I would have liked to have been!

ImEvil1 04-26-2009 12:46 PM

I see your points.

This part of the thread was derailed and sent down the whole selling debate path by VintageRacer (Mike) who attempted to post that it was a crime to refuse to sell a car to someone.

Unethical or not, it's not a crime, and we try to keep the misinformation and internet attorney talk to a minimum around here. Really, it's all about cutting through the BS and calling it what it is, too.

I really hope it doesn't end up turning into what Joe (BHPD) mentioned yesterday, where the average enthusiast (read: not car dealer, nor flipper, but someone who truly loves these cars) is priced out of the hobby by those using it for business purposes.

Vintageracer 04-27-2009 12:14 PM

I'll keep my mouth shut from now on!

Goodbye!

NoDrama43 04-27-2009 05:45 PM

bye Mike

ImEvil1 04-27-2009 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintageracer (Post 13470)
I'll keep my mouth shut from now on!

Goodbye!

Sorry you feel that way, Mike. Take care.

guerro 04-28-2009 02:44 AM

Wow, this thread sure went to shit in a hurry.

SSPGARY 04-28-2009 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guerro (Post 13484)
Wow, this thread sure went to shit in a hurry.

It was like watching a train wreck about to happen off in the distance and nothing could be done to stop it.:stirpot:

ImEvil1 04-28-2009 11:37 AM

Car still sits at $20,600 with one day left.