Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   Welcome! (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   North East Texas guy (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4146)

03cobra 04-01-2012 09:44 PM

John... There is two all Ford shows in Texas that I know of. One is in Austin that Tom attends and the other is in FT Worth call the Yellow Rose which I attend. Both great shows. I believe both indoors. When your done with your resto on your car lets us know we would love to get together and set up a DPS exhibit.

texaspowerram 04-03-2012 09:50 PM

Sounds fun! thanks

1989 Tx DPS SSP 04-04-2012 12:12 AM

If I remember right. your vehicle may have been driven by a License and Weight Trooper. I know the ones I would see that had Single Spots were driven by L&W Troopers and Duals driven by Highway Patrol.

Tom

texaspowerram 04-13-2012 05:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You may be correct about L&W. This would be very good news for me, two of my uncles retired as L&W Troopers, and I was a Commercial Vehicle Enforcement (previously License & Weight) Investigator when I left the Department last year. There are still some clues in the car I am investigating. The front and rear windshields have the little rear view mirror mounting tabs (as were used for RADAR antennas) there are 4 non-factory holes in the pan of the trunk, red and white reflective tape fashioned into safety markings just inside the space of the tail lamps, where it can be seen while trunk is open, and several others. The inside has had a pampered life, not your typical gun butt seat hole. Here is a goody I got in the mail today.

1989 Tx DPS SSP 04-13-2012 10:30 PM

The holes are where the Eye Bolts were that anchored the Scales in place. If you are still in good with anyone at Fleet in Austin, I would try and see if they had any old Scales there. What are the last 6 of your VIN.

Tom

texaspowerram 04-14-2012 12:27 AM

1989 Tx DPS SSP 04-14-2012 09:35 AM

I was trying to go through my old Auction Brochures to see if I saw you car but I did not see it in the ones I have. Have you run a Title History on it?

Tom

texaspowerram 04-14-2012 06:14 PM

I have not done anything in the way of title search or carfax yet. What is the best way to do that?

Wolfe1013 04-21-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texaspowerram (Post 33686)
Oops I meant to say North American Signal folks were very helpful. If anyone here would like to see pics as I go, where should I post them? I know the site is SSP based but my car will hopefully interest a few of you. I would like to see a display with my car and some TX DPS SSP's in the near future.

You definitely peaked my interest. As you'll see in my sig, I have both...a 1982 CHP Mustang and a 1991 Crown Victoria S. The Vic is a 5.8L 2bbl car from Brentwood, California PD prior to entering service as a movie car. I've been planning a restoration of my own (National Park Service), but my other two cars keep getting the attention.

Please post more pics of your Vic. 5.0L EFI or 5.8L carbed like mine? Your Vic looks in better shape.

Greg

chism 05-02-2012 09:07 AM

Your insurance company can run a history search for you. Carfax sucks IMHO.