Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   1987 Texas Highway Patrol (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3294)

ssp91ssp 04-19-2011 12:10 PM

Page #4...

kapracing 04-19-2011 04:05 PM

Thanks it is # M7-524.

kapracing 04-19-2011 11:20 PM

It's sometimes weird the way things happen... I saw a 140 certified calibration cluster on E-bay and no one was bidding yet. So, I put a $65 bid on it ($10 shipping), You know just in case... Well I was soon outbid and just forgot about it. Almost a week later I looked back on E-bay and seen a "second chance offer". It expired in 2 hrs. So, I clicked on it and payed with Pay Pal. Well for several days the money never cleared. I then got a message from Hunter saying his wife set up his Pay Pal all wrong (thats why the other bidders got scared and canceled the transaction). He told me he was gonna send me the cluster and once I recieved it and was satisfied to send him a money order... I naturally agreed. I then ask about the car it came from... He told me he sold it to a kid for $500 but he didn't think the kid was gonna be able to restore it and if I offered him(the kid) some kind of profit, he'd probably sell. He gave me the kids # and the rest is history... I almost didn't bother asking, but man am I glad I did!!!

ImEvil1 04-19-2011 11:21 PM

I am glad you saved it....and sorry to hear that the guy started to kinda part it out. Good for you! :2thumbs:

kapracing 04-19-2011 11:30 PM

Yea, motor, driveshaft & trunk lid are the only pieces included in the original add that I did not end up with. Hunter did bag and tag everything he took apart though! Even the trunk lock cylinder and latch!!! If I hadn't won that cluster there's no telling what would have happened to her. The kid was planning on pulling the pedals to do a 5spd swap on his 88 convertible!

ssp91ssp 04-20-2011 10:09 AM

Sounds like the SAVE came just on time!;) She's now off the parts car RADAR!!:thumbsup:

stadair 04-21-2011 09:45 PM

Yeah, Nice Save! :2thumbs:

kapracing 10-31-2011 04:56 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Well I guess I'm about to let go of this one.. A good friend of mine wants to put it back on the road and restore it while he drives it. He's no stranger to SSP's, he's the one I bought my 87 FHP from. So our plans are to swap the drivetran from his pretty much stock daily driver 5.0 coupe over into the DPS this weekend... Will post more pics after she's back on the road... He's supose to sign up here as well. He's lurked around for years but never signed up, so hopefully he will now...

kapracing 11-04-2011 09:44 PM

Well M7-524 is back on the road... We finished her up around 5:00. this afternoon. Robby the new owner took her around the block for the first time in no telling how many years under it own power shortly after. Will post pics soon.

28HopUp 11-04-2011 11:15 PM

Congrats on getting it back on the road again!