Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   1982 CHP car oddities.... ?? (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3525)

28HopUp 09-03-2011 10:55 AM

Has anyone gotten an Eminger Invoice for their 82 SSP yet? Being an original Ford document, that would certainly remove any question about how the option designation was worded.

FoxChassis 09-03-2011 10:34 PM

I haven't yet seen an Eminger Invoice for an '82 SSP. I have only seen one for the "police demo" (P10F---148027) owned my Mike Strinich.

NoDrama43 09-03-2011 10:43 PM

that is the car ford had built (not an ssp) to use as a marketing vehicle, correct?

Marti did not have my eminger invoice for my 1982 CHP car.

ImEvil1 09-03-2011 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoxChassis (Post 29215)
I haven't yet seen an Eminger Invoice for an '82 SSP. I have only seen one for the "police demo" (P10F---148027) owned my Mike Strinich.

I like the "demo"; that's exactly how I would describe it.

FoxChassis 09-03-2011 11:08 PM

It does say "police demo" right on the invoice. ;) Haven't seen a Marti Report for it yet. Maybe it has something on it similar to the "CHP evaluation" GL hatchback report.

ImEvil1 09-03-2011 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoxChassis (Post 29218)
It does say "police demo" right on the invoice. ;) Haven't seen a Marti Report for it yet. Maybe it has something on it similar to the "CHP evaluation" GL hatchback report.

My bad. I confused the "prototype" car with the "test mule" car. Can you post up the Eminger invoice for 148027? The demo comment was meant for the donkey.

Mustang Kid 09-04-2011 12:56 AM

I think "donkey" is a little dimeening(can't spell that) for that special a car:)

ImEvil1 09-04-2011 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang Kid (Post 29220)
I think "donkey" is a little dimeening(can't spell that) for that special a car:)

Yeah, just a little humor. :)

I saw the Eminger invoice for 148027 when it was originally posted, but I haven't seen any other documentation posted showing what the car is or isn't. The same goes for the "mule" which, thanks to the Marti information, looks like it was produced after CHP had already ordered their cars.

28HopUp 09-04-2011 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImEvil1 (Post 29224)
The same goes for the "mule" which, thanks to the Marti information, looks like it was produced after CHP had already ordered their cars.

On the Marti report the "test mule" is identified as a "Marketing Vehicle". You would have to imagine that Ford was getting the SSP program geared up at that point, so add'l police demos would be needed for evaluation purposes by Ford and other departments. Didn't Arizona have a 1982 SSP/demo for evaluation purposes? I'm not trying to take anything away from the "Emil Loeffler 1982 Engineering Mule", as the owner calls it. It was a police demo that pre-dated the SSP's which came out later that same year. So it is an interesting car, no doubt.

I'm hoping that an Eminger Invoice for a 1982 SSP will be found and we can see the correct wording of the SSP option (Severe Service Package or Special Service Package) as listed on the original Ford document. Not taking anything away from Mr. Marti, but having an Eminger Invoice for a 82 SSP would remove all doubt.

FoxChassis 09-04-2011 10:23 AM

What we might be able to do with the Eminger Invoices is ask Marti Auto if any are available within the batch of the 400 consecutive P10F VINs and if there are, pay for a photocopy (or PDF, etc.) of one of them. That way, they can keep with their policy of only giving the actual paper copy of the invoice to the owner of the vehicle and we could see what one of the invoices says. They might have better luck finding a sample if they're looking for any of a possible 400, instead of just one.