Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   Agency-Specific Restoration (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   1987 WSP - Pic of MY car when in-service!! (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1093)

Rhino 07-08-2010 11:54 AM

Matt, did you secretly wear your jeans like this? C'mon...admit it...you probably did. :P :)

NoDrama43 07-08-2010 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHPcars.com (Post 20954)
I have one with a red lens that I might be willing to part with. PM me.

Mike

Mike did you ever get the 85 NHP car bought?

CNTLOSE 07-08-2010 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhino (Post 21070)
Matt, did you secretly wear your jeans like this? C'mon...admit it...you probably did. :P :)

I have to admit I did...but I was one of the last hold outs. I think I was in 7th or 8th grade then.

NHPcars.com 07-08-2010 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoDrama43 (Post 21071)
Mike did you ever get the 85 NHP car bought?

I bought an 88' NHP car. I couldn't come up with $4500 for the 85'. If your interested, I'd be more than willing to help a fellow SSP'er out.

Mike

Rhino 07-10-2010 03:23 PM

That 85 NHP would be a cool car to bring back.

MOstang 07-10-2010 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhino (Post 21101)
That 85 NHP would be a cool car to bring back.

+1 it looked like would be a fun one to give a "2nd chance" to.

NHPcars.com 07-10-2010 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOstang (Post 21104)
+1 it looked like would be a fun one to give a "2nd chance" to.

It's to bad the guy wouldn't come to his senses. It really is a worthy car, just out of my league. My newest find is 3 Dodge Polaras, a 69, 71, and a 74. All NHP cars and all have been sitting untouched since the late 70's. I haven't bought them yet but maybe one day. I need a second job and a bigger garage.

Mike

Rhino 07-12-2010 12:58 PM

Is the issue that the SSP owner is non-negotiable on price? Just curious. I know that to some $4500 would be steep for the condition, and to others might be well worth the price. Given the work needed, I could see where the price could go lower. Then again, given the "rare" factor of the car along with in-service pics and the awesome NHP paint scheme - could see where this is worth the price.

Did the trooper that wanted it snag it?

NHPcars.com 07-12-2010 08:15 PM

Last I checked it was still there but I'm gonna go check on it soon for one of the members here. If I had the $4500, it would be in my garage but I'm just a State Trooper dealing with paycuts and furloughs. It truly is a piece of history and around here, it is a legend. Its a little lame with the full wheel covers that were on it back in the day but hey, mustaches and flat tops were cool too. I had $2500 cash in hand (wish I could have come up with more) and a trailer attached to my truck, but he wouldn't budge on the price. I even showed it to him and held it in my hand as we talked. He said $4500 and wouldn't even negotiate. Maybe a larger sum could change his mind but who knows. I am a little fustrated with him since the car is a piece of history and he won't give it up. He doesn't even know it's significants being one of 3 NHP SSP's and the first year Nevada used Mustangs. He just likes it because its a "Hot Rod". I did talk him out of the Buddy Bumper in his yard with the mount for $100. That was a small win at least. Here is a link to all of my pics. The 85' is on page 24

http://s864.photobucket.com/albums/a.../NHP%20Photos/

Mike

28HopUp 07-12-2010 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHPcars.com (Post 21139)
Last I checked it was still there but I'm gonna go check on it soon for one of the members here.

Thanks for doing the legwork on behalf of another member here. I really hope that this piece of history can be rescued. Hope it finds a deserving home.