Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   Special Service Mustang Tech (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Where Was My SSP In Service ????? (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2297)

MOstang 11-22-2009 10:13 PM

Have you mailed a polite letter to the Chief of Police. Maybe sent him/her a letter explaining a little about this niche of the Mustang hobby and your desire to validate if it served with them in order to learn about the Mustang's history.

I had success in this manner with the Missouri State Highway Patrol and they are very helpful in this respect. On the other hand the same approach did not yield results with the North Carolina State Highway Patrol. Fortunately in that case I was able to make friends with someone on the inside of the NCSHP via other contacts.

Good luck!

ImEvil1 11-22-2009 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssp91ssp (Post 17062)
It's been over a week.... So far West Memphis AR never replied at all..
I figured they would at least give me a yes or no ...as to it being from that dept...

I'm sure someone at the Dept remembers my car ! or knows a person who does ....

ssp91ssp
hector

I wouldn't be so sure about that....I'd bet you'd get nowhere with my old city PD, because many of the people around back then that would remember our Mustangs are long gone. Heck...I've only been gone 5 years and I don't know half of the patrol officers anymore.

Oh yeah...those ridonkulous stickers on your car would never have been put on by any agency....most have policies in place with much lower top speed limits (read: liability).

ssp91ssp 11-22-2009 10:46 PM

MOstang...
YES ... I did that ...emailed Chief of Police and even mentioned about my kids helping work on car n stuff....
That's the kicker !!! I figured being the Chief that he would reply something ! even if he told me to buzz off but tell me something ....right ?

Mike ....
yeah ... i had to ask about those stickers as this is our first ssp ? they look neat and the kids like tellin my friends to go up and read them ...hell my kids
would be floored if we found some real history info !

A little bit of hope still left ...going after a title search monday ...Lol.

hector

ssp91ssp 11-23-2009 10:02 PM

OK, Tiny update ...
called West Memphis Arkansas DMV about my Title search and the woman was LOST !! YEAP ...LOST!
she said she never heard of such a thing ....imagine that !

Almost begging her to help ...she asked for my vin# and said that they show my ssp in the system ....what system i don't know ...she then told me to have a nice day !

ssp91ssp
hector

ImEvil1 11-23-2009 10:04 PM

Sorry to hear, Hector (although it is kinda funny).

MOstang 11-23-2009 10:43 PM

That's pretty rough to ask you for the VIN number and say yes it's there followed by have a nice day. Would it help any to call back and ask for a Supervisor?

ssp91ssp 11-23-2009 11:39 PM

yeap.... kinda comical at this point...

So ...Do we call it an Arkansas SSP now ??? or not ??
Little Rock Ar DMV also mentioned that it came up in the system in West Memphis . she also mentioned to have a nice day cuz i pry'd that info out of her ...LOl

I never knew how effective the privacy act really was !

ssp91ssp
hector