Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   Members' SSPs (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   1982 CHP Mustang E870255 (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3274)

Wolfe1013 04-12-2011 10:12 PM

Best thread in a long time? Yeah, I'm biased!! :)

Mike, have you made this a sticky thread yet? LOL It probably won't need it, but just in case... :)

ImEvil1 04-12-2011 11:17 PM

It's already got a 5 star rating on it! I didn't even know we had a rating system here!!

xfhp-730 04-12-2011 11:18 PM

Steve.... The truck that is in the background on the first pic belongs to Hank Good. He is known all over the country as Highway Hank. He lives somewhere in NY, and still owns the truck. It was a famous show truck thru the 80's and used in a movie once. There is many pics posted on the net of that truck. Love the stories. Keep em coming!

xfhp-730 04-12-2011 11:25 PM

And here is a pic of the truck taken back in the day that I found off the net. It is parked next to one of the original trucks used in the TV show BJ and the Bear. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...:0&tx=91&ty=69

Steve 04-13-2011 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xfhp-730 (Post 24838)
Steve.... The truck that is in the background on the first pic belongs to Hank Good. He is known all over the country as Highway Hank. He lives somewhere in NY, and still owns the truck. It was a famous show truck thru the 80's and used in a movie once. There is many pics posted on the net of that truck. Love the stories. Keep em coming!

Dang! The coincidences just keep coming. I knew that his name was Hank Goode, but I didn't know anything else. The day those pics were taken I had driven into the rest area (we were encouraged to patrol them) and got out of the car. I was on foot patrol, showing the colors; Hank asked me if he could take some pics of the car. He said he has a photo collection of patrol cars from all over the country. I figured, that's cool, he's a long distance trucker, no problem. I had no idea he was famous. The rest...is history!

Hank sent copies of the pics to the Los Banos CHP office, along with a nice letter. That's how I got my copies. I still have a copy of the letter. That makes the whole story even more interesting! Thanks very much for that information!

MOstang 04-13-2011 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImEvil1 (Post 24837)
It's already got a 5 star rating on it! I didn't even know we had a rating system here!!

Me either until a couple days ago when the lit up stars above the thread caught my eye and so I proceeded to add my own 5 star vote to this thread as well! :2thumbs:

xfhp-730 04-13-2011 08:22 AM

Your welcome, and thats an awesome story!

ImEvil1 04-13-2011 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOstang (Post 24848)
Me either until a couple days ago when the lit up stars above the thread caught my eye and so I proceeded to add my own 5 star vote to this thread as well! :2thumbs:

Learn something new every day. :)

I voted as well.

ImEvil1 04-13-2011 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 24841)
Dang! The coincidences just keep coming. I knew that his name was Hank Goode, but I didn't know anything else. The day those pics were taken I had driven into the rest area (we were encouraged to patrol them) and got out of the car. I was on foot patrol, showing the colors; Hank asked me if he could take some pics of the car. He said he has a photo collection of patrol cars from all over the country. I figured, that's cool, he's a long distance trucker, no problem. I had no idea he was famous. The rest...is history!

Hank sent copies of the pics to the Los Banos CHP office, along with a nice letter. That's how I got my copies. I still have a copy of the letter. That makes the whole story even more interesting! Thanks very much for that information!

Sounds like we need to get in touch with him.....I bet he has tons of in-service Mustang pics.

NoDrama43 04-13-2011 10:15 AM

Steve,

great story about herding the animals...I have had to do that a few times myself over the years... Maybe some day I will recite the story of tying a dazed deer to my 82 Diplomat with my hobble restraint. Dumb rookies can make mistakes like that at times.... lol.. Believe me it was not pretty when the deer "came to"...

great thread here guys !!